The Time of the Doctor (2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    So the rest of the Church wasn't his enemy? And the Silents aren't phased over the Doctor getting humanity to kill them?
    Yes. Or at least until Moffat gets that Timey Wimey Itch.....AGAIN!
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

Comment

What about the idea that the Library becomes the church? Or at least the computer does and finds a way to leave the Libaray planet or a mobile extension that becomes the Church?
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

We don't know where this took place in terms of the Silents' history. I'm guessing that the Silents in the beginning of Series 6 were, infact, the descendants of those featured in The Time of the Doctor. With the Crack closed and Trenzalore a smoking ruin, and with the mainframe destroyed by the Daleks, the church may have fallen into disarray. However the Silents who appeared alongside Madame Kovarian in The Wedding of River Song were priests from the rogue faction, whereas those which appeared in the Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon were not. Either those Silents have a completely seperate personal history, or as I said above - they are descendants of those who fought on Trenzalore.

If that is the case then the Silents on Trenzalore would have no problem fighting alongside the Doctor, as they would have zero connection with the Silents who eventually invaded Earth.

That was my interpretation anyway.

Was it ever suggested as to why the church required genetically-engineered life-forms like the Silents? It'd be a good spying too I imagine, or a good way to keep their followers in check.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
          Was it ever suggested as to why the church required genetically-engineered life-forms like the Silents?
          For confessions.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenee View Post

A s for the Tasch-River speculation. Afer she turned into a dalek (and back to herself again) the Doctor tells to keep fighting the Dalek inside her and says: You've been fighting the psycopath inside you all your life... Right after they sppoke about the psycopath, who was created to kill the Doctor wich he married aka River. So could it be that she actully is River? Don't realy think that would work, but it nearly sounds like it.
            River being Tasha works perfectly... right up until the point where you remember the line where she asks the Doctor about his new body, and he replies 'please.... this old thing? I've been rocking it for centuries'. She wouldn't have asked that if she was River.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
              River being Tasha works perfectly... right up until the point where you remember the line where she asks the Doctor about his new body, and he replies 'please.... this old thing? I've been rocking it for centuries'. She wouldn't have asked that if she was River.
              But it still might work if Tasha is River very recently post library? Maybe as I suggested the stored River in the Library computer becomes Tasha and the church and finds a way to get out of the computer from there..

Comment

But it still might work if Tasha is River very recently post library? Maybe as I suggested the stored River in the Library computer becomes Tasha and the church and finds a way to get out of the computer from there..
                Library River has already met Eleven though.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                  Library River has already met Eleven though.
                  But maybe this is even before that in her timeline not his? timey wimey and all that jazz

Comment

But maybe this is even before that in her timeline not his? timey wimey and all that jazz
                    Well, she had a screwdriver in the Library and I thought it was Eleventh. I guess Twelve could have given it to her as well, still it does not quite fit.
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                      Well, she had a screwdriver in the Library and I thought it was Eleventh. I guess Twelve could have given it to her as well, still it does not quite fit.
                      It was the 10th Doctor that saw River die in the Library and it was with the 11th Doctor she had her dates and married. It was also the 'murder' 11th Doctor for which she was imprisoned in Stormcage.

In The Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead River said that the last time she was with the Doctor was on their date at the Singing Towers of Darillium and it was after this date that she received her 'upgraded' sonic screwdriver.

In the Series 6 DVD/Blu-ray extra Last Night shows River and the 11th Doctor just before setting off for this date.
                      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

River timeline starts with her birth as Melody Pond at Demons Run followed immediately afterwards by Kovarian kidnapping her taking her to Earth to grow up. Next in her timeline is as the little girl in The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon which also included her first regeneration. There followed an unknown time which ended when she again regenerated into Mels, Amy's best friend growing up in Leadworth which ended in her regeneration into River Song in Let's Kill Hitler.

In the ending of Closing Time just before River is put in the Apollo spacesuit that emerges from Lake Silencio, Kovarian says that she has always known exactly where Melody/Mels/River was ever since she escaped her first spacesuit in The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon.
                        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Although I can't find any fault in all the logic, I think I now need a lie-down....

Comment

I liked this one, even if the intersecting timelines have me confused most of the time.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                              River timeline starts with her birth as Melody Pond at Demons Run followed immediately afterwards by Kovarian kidnapping her taking her to Earth to grow up. Next in her timeline is as the little girl in The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon which also included her first regeneration. There followed an unknown time which ended when she again regenerated into Mels, Amy's best friend growing up in Leadworth which ended in her regeneration into River Song in Let's Kill Hitler.

In the ending of Closing Time just before River is put in the Apollo spacesuit that emerges from Lake Silencio, Kovarian says that she has always known exactly where Melody/Mels/River was ever since she escaped her first spacesuit in The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon.
                              The regeneration of the little girl at the end of Day of the Moon was Melody becoming Mels. We see the young girl (presumably this is the original Melody) regenerate in New York six months after the moon landing. When Mels regenerates into River Song, she says the last time it happened she "ended up a toddler in New York". That would have been January 1970. They just didn't explain how she went from a toddler in New York at the start of the 70s, to a 7+ year old girl in Leadworth sometime during 1996 (although probably more like 12 going by the young Amelia in the scenes since they sort of screwed the years early on).

Realistically and without screwing up any timelines or more "I lie" crap, the only hidden regeneration River could have had was between Melody in 70s New York and Mels in Leadworth during the 90s, but as she said she was in New York when that regeneration happened, still wouldn't explain how she got to England as a toddler, or who was raising her.

sigpic

Comment

I suspect that a toddler who is actually as smart as an adult can get away with an awful lot. People make so many assumptions about kids, especially young kids, it would be easy to do. Especially so far ago (before all the rules got tightened).

Comment

Working...
                                X