No announcement yet.

The Day of the Doctor (2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Art so dangerous that it would... (rats, I've forgotten the quote)

The Vatican allegedly has a huge archive of things which don't fit in with its current teachings. Just a for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      What's the point of a secret museum that no one will see? or the black archive? Why ban art?
      Seriously...?

You don't understand the need for military secrets?

To keep dangerous items out of public hands?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
        Art so dangerous that it would... (rats, I've forgotten the quote)

I think it was things that we humans are not fit to see or something like that, anyway somethings that we plebs are not meant to see.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

What's the point of a secret museum that no one will see? or the black archive? Why ban art?
          ....yeah really...as an art teacher I have issues with this!
          Originally posted by jelgate
          This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

It is artwork that ordinary man isn't meant to see. Just as the Torchwood institute kept technology and weapons out of the reach of ordinary man and the chance of using and abusing it to the extend of changing or even destroying the world is far too great. I say good on both Torchwood and UNIT for keeping us safe from ourselves.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              I say good on both Torchwood and UNIT for keeping us safe from ourselves.
              As long as they don't use it distroy other liveformes or abuse them themselfes, like Torchwood I tried.

By the way I don't understand the under galery neither the black archieves as museums but rather as, well, storerooms, places you keep thinks you don't know where else to leave (like broomsticks or tools, even if its art)
              Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenee View Post
                As long as they don't use it distroy other liveformes or abuse them themselfes, like Torchwood I tried.

By the way I don't understand the under galery neither the black archieves as museums but rather as, well, storerooms, places you keep thinks you don't know where else to leave (like broomsticks or tools, even if its art)
                Precisely.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Speaking of hidden things didn't one of the Doctors say he visited Hogwarts?

Now that would be an interesting crossover

Comment

Speaking of hidden things didn't one of the Doctors say he visited Hogwarts?
                    Now that would be an interesting crossover
                    And, of course, makes that infamous (and "infantile") explanation so much simpler:
                    "wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... it's just magic"

Comment

And, of course, makes that infamous (and "infantile") explanation so much simpler:
                      "wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... it's just magic"
                      There is only one person we can blame for "timey whimey"

Comment

There is only one person we can blame for "timey whimey"
                        Ohh I could blame at least 2.

Just saw this.....And it wasn't so much a 50th Ann as of a 7th.
                        I like Sharky
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post

I don't know - there were nods to most if not all of the first eight Doctors, from the opening scenes onwards. Even at least one line that appeared to have been taken wholesale from "The Five Doctors".

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post

So you missed out on the black & white opening sequence, just like in 1963, and you missed the policeman walking past the I M Foreman sign like in An Unearthly Child... and the theme tune that was first used in the opening episode... and Coal Hill School is the one that Susan Foreman attended in AEC and was also in Remembrance of the Daleks... and that according to the school sign the the Chairman of the school governors is now a certain Ian Chesterton... and that the headmaster is W. Coburn, a nod to Waris Hussein and Anthony Coburn, who respectively directed and wrote An Unearthly Child... and that Clara rides out on the motorbike at 5:16, the time An Unearthly Child originally aired on BBC1... or that when the TARDIS is picked up by UNIT, the call sign used by the helicopter to refer to UNIT is "Greyhound leader".... and that lot is just in the first 5 minutes.

The whole episode is stuffed with such references if you care to look for them. There is everything from "reversing the polarity", to a reference to Cromer where the Brigadier thought he was in The Three Doctors.

In fact there is so much attention to detail, people and events are referenced that can't even be seen on screen. In the last issue of DWM, Benjamin Cook was on set and says he "catches a glimpse of a top-secret, highly classified UNIT document pinned to the board, 'Romana', it reads, 'was a member of the House of Heartshaven on Gallifrey'. 'Romana II', it goes on, 'became Lady President of the Time Lords.'" (Making Big Finish canon yet again.)
                            Last edited by Blencathra; 14 December 2013, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Hurt regenerates into Ecclestone (hence the joke about the ears as he does so).

Tom Baker is a very old, future Doctor, who has deliberately chosen one of the "old favourites" of his former faces, to live in during his retirement as a curator.
                              Or "The Curator" rather than "a curator" ..The Under Gallery had round things on the wall, could it be The Curator's TARDIS?

I haven't read back through the whole thread so I assume the link back to The Shakespeare Code has already been mentioned

Comment

Ok, so if Lizzy's orders were sealed, the ones naming the doctor the curator.....how did UNIT know to call him?
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X