The End of Time, Part 2 (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved it, and hated it.
    The most emotional piece of television I have watched probably since Sleeping in Light. So full of great small and large moments, the scale of it was so large and so full, it was nearly the perfect episode, just so amazing. And David Tennant did such a perfect job with the role for the last time. SO sad to see him go.
    From the moment when he grabbed the gun from Wilf- you knew that there had to be something wrong.
    From the escape.
    TO how he said "My Reward" Probably his best moment in four years.
    To him saying good bye to all the companions and all the people he has known and followed for so long, keeping safe, including Rose.
    To the stand off between him, the Master, and the Time Lords, and how the Master finally used his last moment in this universe to save the whole of Time, and the whole of creation itself, sacrificing himself, I knew it would happen but it was so well done.
    To the realization of who the woman was, the weeping angel. And what she meant for the story.
    To the portrayal, and eventual unvailing of Rasillon.
    To him saying good bye to all his companions, it being so fitting, seeing so much of his adventures in time and space revisisisted, but him breaking the rules in order to make his life complete.
    The only criticisms I really have of the whole thing was that he regenerated, and then acted all insane, I mean I get it. But it seemed so inapporiate given the gravity of the situation. Then again his regeneration could have been all that good bye.
    And also Russel just throwing in 'Rasillon' there, it worked for dramatic effect, but no one who has never seen the old series would be likely to get the reference...and what I want to know is...how?
    10/10

Comment

i'm still not ginger LOL
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        i'm still not ginger LOL
        what is his fascination with that hair color?

Been watching some of it again. Still,.....I hate to say it but when I first watched the episode I just wanted to pick Wilf up and go "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID, WE WERE SO CLOSE!"
        I know...I get irational with these things

Comment

and what was up with trying to make Billie Piper (Rose) look younger?
          that hood over her head was trying to hide her age?
          She still looked much older... might as well not have tried to hide it int he way they did, it jus tlooked wrong..
          it almost looked like they wer etrying to hide something horrible..
          was she in some accident we don't know about..?
          was hald her dhead missing and needed ot be covered..

I heard someone in another forum joking about her teeth growing..
          just saying..
          My Story:
          http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
            The only criticisms I really have of the whole thing was that he regenerated, and then acted all insane, I mean I get it. But it seemed so inapporiate given the gravity of the situation. Then again his regeneration could have been all that good bye.
            And also Russel just throwing in 'Rasillon' there, it worked for dramatic effect, but no one who has never seen the old series would be likely to get the reference...and what I want to know is...how?
            10/10
            Well in Sound of Drums didn't The Master say that the Time Lords resurrected him to fight in the Time War, only he scarpered? Presumably they resurrected Rassilon to lead them. Yep, that worked out well...

As for the regeneration, the Doctor seems especially prone amongst Time Lords to post-regeneration trauma, both physical and mental, and I suppose a new consciousness and entity being 'born' in such a violent situation doesn't lend to a calm, rational beginning!
            Last edited by Sealurk; 04 January 2010, 03:59 AM.
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

He's just vain that way. Always was, always will be.
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I laughed more at the feeling hair, shrieks "I'm a girl!" in high pitched voice followed by grabbing adams apple and declaring thanks he wasn't

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                  I laughed more at the feeling hair, shrieks "I'm a girl!" in high pitched voice followed by grabbing adams apple and declaring thanks he wasn't
                  I still thought the "Nose...I've had worse. Chin...blimey!" line was better. Having rewatched the regeneration scene and the new Doctor's intro a few more times, I'm really starting to like him.
                  And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Been watching some of it again. Still,.....I hate to say it but when I first watched the episode I just wanted to pick Wilf up and go "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID, WE WERE SO CLOSE!"
                    I know...I get irational with these things
                    He's never been a ginger. Plain and simple.
                    How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

The Time Lords may not have had to resurrect Rasillon as according to The Five Doctors he may have been in eternal sleep in the Dark Tower. He may have simply detected what was happening in the war and woke himself up. Although this conflicts with his mind being in the Matrix (not the film!).
                      Good episode none the less.
                      8/10 (never give maximum as always room for improvement)

Comment

I was sad to see David Tennant go.
                        C.J.

Comment

Originally posted by Claire View Post
                          I was sad to see David Tennant go.
                          we all are. but life goes on and we got a shiny new doctor to enjoy now
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Could the mystery woman be the Doctor's mother? Or maybe River Song?
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I know Julie Gardner sad she believed it was his mother....but still. There are plenty of other relations of the doctor it could be. His Daughter or wife perhaps? He did have a family afterall. At any rate.....until I'm told otherwise I'm still going with Romana.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by aarlin81 View Post
                                He's never been a ginger. Plain and simple.
                                that explains it
                                Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                                He's just vain that way. Always was, always will be.
                                So this goes back before Nine/Ten?
                                Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                                I know Julie Gardner sad she believed it was his mother....but still. There are plenty of other relations of the doctor it could be. His Daughter or wife perhaps? He did have a family afterall. At any rate.....until I'm told otherwise I'm still going with Romana.
                                I like this theory Actually this is the one that I am going with. Of course she could be the 'visionary'. Gallifrey falls!

Comment

Working...
                                X