The End of Time, Part 1 (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PMN1 View Post
    The chameleon circuit on his Tardis is functioning too well and makes even him think its just an ordinary allotment shed even when he is inside it and the gun is actually a laser screwdriver.....
    Still think my idea is better than the actual script......

Comment

Having rewatched part 1 and part 2 together I can safelysay that part 1 is actually......very very good. Perhaps the maser taking over the planet with himsef is still a tad OTT but then again he is pretty damn insane and he took an opportunity when he saw it. Plus the device itself isn't unlike other devices seen in doctor who in the past. The Nanogenes in The Empty Child for example. I still feel the effect of everyone changing was a bit rubbish but then again between the cgi shots of Gallifrey, the Doctors regeneration and the vinvocci spaceship scenes I reckon the CG team was already pretty busy so they needed a more low tech approach.....hence shaking heads.

The scene between Wilf and Doctor in the cafe is still awesome, as is the confrontation between the Doctor and the Master in the warehouse. And now even the Narration by Rassilon seems more epic now I know where it is going. Everything just kinda slots into place and makes more sense.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        Having rewatched part 1 and part 2 together I can safelysay that part 1 is actually......very very good. Perhaps the maser taking over the planet with himsef is still a tad OTT but then again he is pretty damn insane and he took an opportunity when he saw it. Plus the device itself isn't unlike other devices seen in doctor who in the past. The Nanogenes in The Empty Child for example. I still feel the effect of everyone changing was a bit rubbish but then again between the cgi shots of Gallifrey, the Doctors regeneration and the vinvocci spaceship scenes I reckon the CG team was already pretty busy so they needed a more low tech approach.....hence shaking heads.

The scene between Wilf and Doctor in the cafe is still awesome, as is the confrontation between the Doctor and the Master in the warehouse. And now even the Narration by Rassilon seems more epic now I know where it is going. Everything just kinda slots into place and makes more sense.
        Yeah, episode one I really like.

It's episode two that lets me down.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Timothy Dalton ftw!!
          sigpic
          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
            Timothy Dalton ftw!!
            Indeed.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
              I wasn't too sure about the resolution of the Timelords. They turn up, wanna destory time and then the Doctor decides who/what to shoot.. I would have just shot the lot, actually.
              Last edited by Stewart5; 12 January 2010, 08:10 AM.
              sigpic
              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Spoiler:
                I wasn't too sure about the resolution of the Timelords. They turn up, wanna destory time and then the Doctor decides who/what to shoot.. I would have just shot the lot, actually
                Typical bloody Marine candidate.

Btw - spoiler that, as it's a part 2 comment.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Well, he had a Webley. he should have used it more productively.
                  Spoiler:
                  Still wanted the Timelords to do more than turn up with Gallifray and be the villians.....
                  sigpic
                  385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Spoiler:
                    I wasn't too sure about the resolution of the Timelords. They turn up, wanna destory time and then the Doctor decides who/what to shoot.. I would have just shot the lot, actually.
                    Lol. That's be a tad bit out of character for The Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      Lol. That's be a tad bit out of character for The Doctor.
                      And yet entirely in character for Garrowan5th!
                      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

This is true, it would be out of character, but he was going to die anyway, so why not a change of pace?
                        sigpic
                        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

For once you have a point!
                          Spoiler:
                          part 2 was the better ep! Going to miss David! And the new Doctor wears a bow tie! He's supposed to be trendy! Who wears a bow tie casually?!
                          I Said I'd Never Let You Go, And I Never Did. I Said I'd Never Let You Fall, And I Always Meant It.....♥♪♫
                          sigpicStargate Atlantis - Allies read the fanfic by Garrowan5th and PuddlejumperOz herehttp://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ht=garrowan5th

Comment

Originally posted by JennyJumper View Post
                            For once you have a point!
                            Spoiler:
                            part 2 was the better ep! Going to miss David! And the new Doctor wears a bow tie! He's supposed to be trendy! Who wears a bow tie casually?!
                            Since when has the Doctor ever been 'trendy' other than the tenth?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

This is true, it would be out of character, but he was going to die anyway, so why not a change of pace?
                              lol. he still had his beliefs and principals.

Comment

I know, and i know i am irrationally blathering, but hey.
                                Part one was going fine until the master started going about zapping with his force lightning of doom. Then it made me phase out.....
                                sigpic
                                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X