Voyage of the Damned (2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    Must the Doctor insist on lying about his age? He is in no way 903. He is at least 1000. Honestly, he's as bad as a woman!

(That last part is a joke)
    well i was told sylvester mccoys doctor said he was 900 so that's lieing about your age by........well alot.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Maybe it's like women always saying they're 29- the Doctor always says he's 900 (give or take a few years).

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
        Must the Doctor insist on lying about his age? He is in no way 903. He is at least 1000. Honestly, he's as bad as a woman!

(That last part is a joke)
        Hey, I'm 40 this year and it doesn't me at all

Comment

I know I know. But it's an old cliche that a woman always lies about her age.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Or maybe it's like me: I can never remember how old I am so I say "thirty-[random digit]" and hope I wasn't more than a couple of years off. If it matters, I have to start by remembering what year it is and subtracting the year I was born, and subtracting another year if if's before November. Too much hassle, I seldom care enough to bother.

I think the Doctor is to be commended for saying his approximate age without having to pause and look thoughtful. That would have given his "I'm the Doctor... anyone have a problem with that?" speech rather less impact

Madeleine

Comment

Of course, you could also take the perspective that after 900 years, do specifics really matter?

Comment

Or maybe he was just knocking a few years off to impress the pretty blonde..
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                  Or maybe he was just knocking a few years off to impress the pretty blonde..
                  well astrid was proof..........the doctor has a thing for blondes.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

He's havnig a mid life crisis. It's like 40 for people... he can't get himself to admit he's over 1000.

Poor bloke.

Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

A four-digit age is a pretty big milestone!

Comment

But is it canon to say he is closer to 1000 then to 900? I still think the canon on this is weak at best, I have no problem with him rounding down to an even century.

I bet The Face of Boe lied about his age all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                          Or maybe it's like me: I can never remember how old I am so I say "thirty-[random digit]" and hope I wasn't more than a couple of years off. If it matters, I have to start by remembering what year it is and subtracting the year I was born, and subtracting another year if if's before November.
                          I have to do the same thing!!!

Comment

Ok so Voyage was decent! But shouldn't it be considered part of series 4 (season 30) rather than series 3 (29)???
                            And how do we ask for a season 30 section?

Yes so anyway: Voyage of the Damned...

I liked Kylie in this a lot! She was under-used IMO

Possibly the best Christmas episode so far!
                            A Cameron Mitchell + John Sheppard duo = comedy gold!
                            +

Comment

London evacuated for Christmas. Who says humans aren't smart?
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Since I'd better post about the little things first...
                                Firstly, it took me a while to find this "thread"... I knew it existed, but no one posted in it last night..! At the time of this writing, even Sarah Jane's topic is still in sleeping mode..

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                                My first thought was Davros... But, ah well.

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                                All in all I loved it, the Hosts were't that scarey and who else yelled DAVROS!!!!!!!!!!! when they saw Max Capricorn.

Davros was definitely my very *first* impression, when the cart started creeping towards the Doctor (great filming suspense technique -- make us who've seen previous eps *think* for a few moments =). But then when Max showed up -- Max Headroom?? ehhh...? nah.. close, but not quite.

As for those angelic hosts -- they reminded me of another robot type - perhaps an early prototype that I think was in an Ace companion ep... or the
                                Androids of Tara? Vague memory...

Obviously, the Titanic name had me thinking in other directions, and *definitely NOT* in space nor into the future, nor from another planet, until I saw the "angel" creatures, etc...
                                but the Titanic flying around earth reminded me of the space-aged technologies in Enlightment, with all of those other sailing vessels that sailed on the solar winds instead of the ocean seas. Clever on the engine exhaust ports being located underneath the ship, where the rudders might usually be...

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                                What did they do to the theme tune?! That was unbelievably bad (the tune I mean not the ep).
                                omg! gads!! (the intro theme song music) definitely something NOT quite right there... sounded like a messed up orchestration. I think the last theme had the best orchestration, but this one put some awfully *sour* notes and nonsense into it, like a child just learning how to play an instrument for the first time. Blech!!

Please -- I hope they change it back and soon!
                                I know ever since Doctor #1 (during the William Hartnell 1960's years/days) the theme song and visual mix has been almost annually experimented with; and it's had its intriguing and great moments during the *classic* D'WHO years. Better versions came along during Doctors #5 thru early #10. But now, I was so focused on hearing what was wrong or *different* with the muddled mess, that I forgot about the video picture sequences that came with it. And since the ending themes always get chopped off for commercial advertising heard instead of the actual theme music, it wasn't possible to figure out how much different the theme had changed into.

I do know that the music heard on Sci-Fi (USA version of) commercials just sounds awful... hoped the theme was better, and it was, but only slightly until the muddled musical mess came. And actually, I'm not sure if improving on the previous theme (for Seasons 27/1, 28/2 and early 29/3) needed improving. But this version definitely needs better fine tuning... *puleeeze*

Comment

Working...
                                X