No announcement yet.

The Christmas Invasion (2005)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's some jerk trying to mess with peoples heads. Or someone who can't tell the difference between rumor and fact.

And here's what Steven Moffat had to say about the Sun's casting rumor:

Spoiler:
    The James Nesbitt story is a total fabrication. Made up. A fantasy. Just a guy sitting at a desk and just inventing stuff.

I wasn't going to say anything, but I'm getting embarrassed for the deeply wonderful Jimmy Nesbitt. So tell everyone please, cos it's getting very silly.

Steven Moffat
    Thanks to Outpost Gallifrey for passing that along.

Comment

I seriously hope that it's not true... There could probably be someone better than DT, but I doubt it because he is just fantastic!

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Comment

*takes deep breath and counts to ten doctors*

I will not lose my temper, I will not lose my temper, I will not lose my temper...

SO! Christmas Invasion. Something ON TOPIC!!!!!!!!! Boy, how 'bout that mothership? And the satsuma! HA! I'll never look at thos innocuous orange blobs in quite the same way again. Especially now that I know what they are. Dunno if I knew the term beforehand.

Comment

Yeah this is amongst the episodes I liked this series....

Loved the banter between the Doc and the Sycorax leader about the "big red button" That was gold.

What did bug me was the end... How did those six words "Don't you think she looks tired" bring down the PM?

It was loud enough we heard it so surely Harriet heard it too?
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Howcome when the Sycorax made contact via the space probe it was the UK's mission but the americans wanted to take over. Howcome, and not having a go but do people really think the americans are like that?

Or are they really like that in the real world?

Comment

Re Watching new DW on DVD for the first time. Am I ever glad they put the Children in Need stuff on the DVDs! I really felt something was missing at the start of the episode. Then I found the short special and watched it. Now that made this episode whole.!
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                Re Watching new DW on DVD for the first time. Am I ever glad they put the Children in Need stuff on the DVDs! I really felt something was missing at the start of the episode. Then I found the short special and watched it. Now that made this episode whole.!
                Indeed, and that Children in Need special was great; it contained that heartbreaking line...

Rose: "Can you change back?"

Four words.

That's probably my favorite Rose scene. Of course, this being Doctor Who, Rose is over it by "New Earth" (in fact she's practically jumping up and down with glee at the beginning of that episode). I loved the beats of uneasiness about the new Doctor in the CiN special and "The Christmas Invasion".
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Which episode was this I have to see this again.

Comment

I've only just noticed that this got moved to this folder. I'm not entirely sure that's a good idea, surely it should be grouped with the season 2 episodes given when it was released, it's production code and which box set it's on.

Comment

Rewatched this today, its my first time re-watching it as I originally saw this back in January of 2009(I watched all four seasons of Doctor Who that same month for the first time, thank you Netflix!). I loved it! But the portrayal of Ten seemed slightly different than how he appears later on....but it was so slight that it isn't much of a difference. The evil attacking Christmas Tree was just plain silly!

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                        Indeed, and that Children in Need special was great; it contained that heartbreaking line...

Rose: "Can you change back?"

Four words.

That's probably my favorite Rose scene. Of course, this being Doctor Who, Rose is over it by "New Earth" (in fact she's practically jumping up and down with glee at the beginning of that episode). I loved the beats of uneasiness about the new Doctor in the CiN special and "The Christmas Invasion".

Is that CIN on any of the DVDs

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          Is that CIN on any of the DVDs
                          It should be on the complete second series DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                            It should be on the complete second series DVD.

I'll have to have a look at my set

Comment

Cool episode! Loved the sinister Santas, the killer Christmas tree and the creepy Sycorax. However, I'm not yet used to the new Doctor and miss CE.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                                Rewatched this today, its my first time re-watching it as I originally saw this back in January of 2009(I watched all four seasons of Doctor Who that same month for the first time, thank you Netflix!). I loved it! But the portrayal of Ten seemed slightly different than how he appears later on....but it was so slight that it isn't much of a difference. The evil attacking Christmas Tree was just plain silly!

I loved how he growled back at the Sycorax leader.....Then broke his staff. It was so ballsy

Comment

Working...
                                X