The Christmas Invasion (2005)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
    You mean besides the fact that there ship was a big rock?
    But they do Rock! They said they Rock! As in the modern sense, they Rock!
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I liked The Chirstmas Invasion better than New Earth. I never did like New Earth. It didnt feel too much like a Doctor Who episode to me.

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

what i don't get is if the UK had that massive death ray then why did they wait near the end to shoot it and not shoot it when it was most needed

you'd also think the other nations would be upset that the UK was gambling with the fate of the entire planet, and how dare the prime minister say she's the leader of Earth, she should be impeached, or whatever you call it

Comment

Originally posted by gatebuster64
          what i don't get is if the UK had that massive death ray then why did they wait near the end to shoot it and not shoot it when it was most needed
          They needed to get it ready. They stated that quite explicitly many times in the episode. It wasn't functional until near the end.
          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
            As I said in the other thread I thought this was awesome, David's doctor had some fantastic moments already, especially his "it is defended" and his whole rant at Hariet at the end where done to perfection. Cant wait to see more.

Personal favourite bit: "No second chances", showed the contrast between fun loving and ruthlessness that both reside in this Doctor.
            9/10
            I agree. Tennant's "It is defended" delivery was quite effective, making a neat dramatic leap from his irreverent manner. Couldn't help thinking what a cool line that would be to say to the Ori when earth kicks their tails...Oh, wait. And the "no second chances" was priceless.

Very impressed with The Doctor's reaction to the PM's order. I loved the spoof on the all healing effectiveness of a good cuppa English tea! Tennant fits right in the Dr. Who universe and adds his own touch to the mix.

Just sayin', I think I'll stick with SciFi Friday for The Doctor, see where he takes the show. I'm hoping
            Spoiler:
            the upcoming cast change
            won't challenge the series too heavily. Great beginning second season entry, and I hope the next episodes are as enjoyable.
            Last edited by Traveler Enroute1; 01 October 2006, 09:12 PM.
            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
            sigpic
            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

The episode in general was a little slow, but it was the wait to see David Tennant as the Tenth Doctor - he's great in the role.
              Everyone on Earth are panicking because Aliens are trying to takeover, but as soon as the Doctor turns up he takes ten minutes and the world is saved. The episode introduced the continuous sign of the season like last seasons 'Bad Wolf', this time it's the acronym 'Torchwood'.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

i dident even know about this ep until a while go. i saw it on youtube cuz i dident think they would show it on scifi. i also that litte like 5 min screen they dident show on the ep. were rose is a bet freak out that the doctor chagned. that had the best line i ever heard on the show when they doctor said i have hair im not bold any more

Comment

You remember how, in the The Christmas Invasion, a Mars probe goes missing right before Christmas, leading in to an actual alien invasion on Christmas day? Well, it's a few weeks early, but...

Mars Global Surveyor has gone missing. Despite their best efforts to contact it, NASA has heard no peep from Mars Global Surveyor in more than two weeks. The rover Spirit and Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter have tried and failed, and in fact, the latter tried to actually view the MGS, and seems to have found what may be debris.

Just to let you know, the Sycorax may show up earlier than expected in this universe.
                  BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

LOL! Oh deary me indeed.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

And if it actually does maybe it will be in America or in the UK!

Well if it does go to teh UK and it conquers the UK, then I can anly fear the worst.....NO MORE DOCTOR WHO!!!! lol

But The UK will be defended, as he said so there will be Doctor Who...Forever!

Spoiler:

Comment

I get to see this eppy this chrsitmas!!!! YEa!!
                        sigpic
                        Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

This is by far my favorite episode! I mean the whole scene on the ship was SO incredible. I liked the show alot before this ep but this is what made it number one! David Tennant is awesome!

My favorite line was when he quotes the lion king by mistake =)

I must admit that this show has some spell over me... At the end of Doomsday I actually cried! (for people that don't know me I have never cried when watching TV since I was a little kid).

Can't wait for series 4... Hope it isn't the last for DT!

Comment

Originally posted by Inty View Post
                            This is by far my favorite episode! I mean the whole scene on the ship was SO incredible. I liked the show alot before this ep but this is what made it number one! David Tennant is awesome!

My favorite line was when he quotes the lion king by mistake =)

I must admit that this show has some spell over me... At the end of Doomsday I actually cried! (for people that don't know me I have never cried when watching TV since I was a little kid).

Can't wait for series 4... Hope it isn't the last for DT!
                            Sorry to say this but...

Spoiler:
                            The Middle of Season 4 is when David Tennant leaves and another person takes over as the 11th Doctor. So far, it hasnt been released as to who is going to be the 11th Doctor

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by orii7 View Post
                              Sorry to say this but...

Spoiler:
                              The Middle of Season 4 is when David Tennant leaves and another person takes over as the 11th Doctor. So far, it hasnt been released as to who is going to be the 11th Doctor
                              Where do you get this idea? The BBC don't seem to have announced anything like that.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by orii7 View Post
                                Sorry to say this but...

Spoiler:
                                Huh... do you know something we don't?
                                sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X