Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Christmas Invasion (Post-viewing thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dallista
    Not sure if I have all the words correct, but it's something like "From the day they arrive on the planet, blinking, step into the sun. There's more to be seen than can ever be seen, more to do..."
    Ugh, I hate it. Looks like the rest of the fandom loved it, though. I guess I just don't like cheesy Disney references.
    Ah, thanks. I'll have to watch it again to catch bits that I missed. My head is a teabag, all the goodness just filters out I should really sit with a notepad while I'm watching sci-fi
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
      Ah, thanks. I'll have to watch it again to catch bits that I missed. My head is a teabag, all the goodness just filters out I should really sit with a notepad while I'm watching sci-fi
      You are not the only one I always miss stuff and usually important stuff. Gives me an excuse to watch again and this episode is a watch again one.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
        this episode is a watch again one.
        I agree with that... Great start for the new doctor
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
          and Rose drools over Sheppard (like most women who have been on Atlantis).
          *does the creeped out face, since Abydos is a guy*
          Aargh *runs away screaming with hands over ears*

Sorry Rose and Sheppard...eek

Comment

David Tennant was wonderful... I thought Chris Eccelstone was going to be a hard act to follow but DT brought a wonderfully multidimensional quality to the Doctor. I really enjoyed the energy and enthusiasm he brought to this incarnation but also the fact that there's an edge to that jocular facade.

Spoiler:
            Very amused that the panacea to the Doctor's ills was a cup of tea... Just a lovely reminder that this is still a British show.

Pertaining to Harriet Jones' decision... I'm with the Doctor... but I understand why she did what she did... and I think it is important that the show contain that bit of edginess. Interesting parallel with the Silurians methinks...
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
              Aargh *runs away screaming with hands over ears*

Sorry Rose and Sheppard...eek
              Don't worry Egeria there will be no Rose/Sheppard, she might give him a quick look over but that's all, her heart belongs to the Doctor and a bit to Mickey

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                I have one, but it's actually a daydream (SG-1/DW crossover). SG-1 finds the Doctor and Rose on another planet (in the SG-1 universe).
                sounds good to me - is there a link already?

Originally posted by reefgirl
                I have some free time on my hands at work this week I'm sure I could be persueded, it'll be Doctor number 10 so my imagination can run riot seeing as we don't really know what he's like yet
                OK, I'm up for that too. Get writing!!

I like my sci-fi to have no correct answers. I think that what Harriet Jones did, she did for the best reasons and I can empathise totally. But I also understand the Doctor's reaction. No black & white in real life, always shades of grey.
                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                  I like my sci-fi to have no correct answers. I think that what Harriet Jones did, she did for the best reasons and I can empathise totally. But I also understand the Doctor's reaction. No black & white in real life, always shades of grey.
                  I guess we differ on that one, since I think she did it for the worst reasons. Whether it should have been done or needed to be done, I think she did it because they kicked her around and then Torchwood gave her a way to kick back.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

yet another disappointed non-viewer in the US.

sounds like it was good.

somewhere....over the rainbow...dr who lives...
                    Thanks!
                    Jordan

my page
                    My LJ
                    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Not bad, though I thought the aliens were a bit corny, even more so than the goa'uld of dear Stargate.

Loved the Arthur Dent referance, considering Douglas adams once did soem writing for the show.
                      You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
                      And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                        sounds good to me - is there a link already?
                        there is no link, as i said in that post, it was a daydream.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Indum'kra
                          Not bad, though I thought the aliens were a bit corny, even more so than the goa'uld of dear Stargate.
                          Since when are the aliens on Dr Who NOT corny...
                          I thought they were just keeping with tradition...
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

lol Doctor Who is all about being corny, thats why the more serious 7t Doctor was less liked among long time who fans, and why the new series is liked so much, 'cus they went back to the old way of doing things
                            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Will any of the new eps star on other planets like some of the originals? or are they all Earth based again? I know off topic.

Anyway - Tennants Dr was actually really different but the same, I dunno - I like him, plus ohh, big space gun
                              Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Sounds great, does anyone know when the US release will be?
                                Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Working...
                                X