Hell Bent (3512 / 912)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
    Hmm now that might explain why the lady in the beginning said something about maintaining the barn for 'the two boys' or something similar, I assume she meant Doctor and Master at the time.
    Very possibly. Irving also spent a lot of time off of Gallifrey. Initially through official diplomatic missions, and later when he too went a little bit rogue...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FennerMachine View Post
      Peter Davison's doctor shot a Cyberman with a ray gun.
      Tom Baker shot a giant rat with a shotgun/rifle.
      When?

If you're thinking Earthshock, think again. He holds the gun, aims it, but the doors close before he has to use it.
      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
      and lots more!

Comment

He also wanted to shoot the Dalek way back in season 1...Rose is the only thing that stopped him.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

The Doctor once snapped someone's neck with his bare hands...
          For anyone interested in a round up of the Doctor and violence...

Short version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzmnPs64K74

Long Version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNuHV-iLBRw

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

And let's not forget him zapping that Ogron in Day Of The Daleks... with a gun.
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

The Doctor is a real OG.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

So that's at least 4 classic series Doctor's that have used a gun to kill someone or something.
                John Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison and Colin Baker.
                Tom even used an ultimate Time Lord weapon to erase someone from existence!
                Plus all the other times the Doctor has offed someone using some sort of weapon such as Sylvester McCoy using explosives, living metal and a black hole generator.

Comment

In Deep Breath, after Clara talks to 11 on the phone, the Doctor says to her - "I'm right here but you can't even see me..."

And in the end... He was right there, staring at her, but he couldn't see her...
                  "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                  and lots more!

Comment

And... How many regenerations did the Lord Pres say they'd given the Doctor???
                    and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                      And... How many regenerations did the Lord Pres say they'd given the Doctor???
                      He didn't say, unfortunately, his exact words were...

Originally posted by Rassilon the Redeemer, Rassilon the Resurrected
                      How many regenerations did we grant you? I've got all night.
                      ...so we still don't know how many times the Doctor can regenerate this time around (though we do know it's a finite number, at least). There's no guarantee they'll even give us a concrete number at any point - most likely it'll be kept vague for a long time yet.
                      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Ahh - watched it twice and, as my brain was expecting "night" to be a number, I was hearing "ninety" or "nine"... That makes more sense...
                        and lots more!

Comment

I thought they gave him another 12?

Comment

I just remembered this, when the doctor entered the town they showed the sign , I don't remember the name of the town, but I remember the slogan that was on the sign, because it was from Buckaroo Banzai, "no matter where you go , there you are."

Buckaroo Banzai - There You Are

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                              I thought they gave him another 12?
                              That does seem the most likely since the Eleventh Doctor states "a whole new regeneration cycle" which would imply a dozen regenerations, but it's never explicitly stated how many regenerations this particular cycle can sustain. In 'Kill the Moon' the Doctor says:
                              Originally posted by Twelfth Doctor
                              You'll have to spend a lot of time shooting me because I will keep on regenerating. In fact, I'm not entirely sure that I won't keep on regenerating for ever.
                              So I think they're being deliberately vague on how many regenerations he has. Given that at the time the Time Lords granted him the new cycle he was their one and only hope it would stand to reason they would give him as many lives as possible, but Rassilon's comment suggests it's a finite number at least.
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Oh, and - Moffat was paraphrasing (his) The Curse of Fatal Death when 12 was saying goodbye to Clara...

Curse of Fatal Death:
                                EMMA: He was never cruel and never cowardly, and it'll never be safe to be scared again.

Hell Bent:
                                DOCTOR: Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.
                                and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                                X