Face the Raven (3510 / 910)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    Then couldn't she give it back to the original recipient? And why does that create a new contract? That's not how contracts work. But I get it from a story telling point of view, just that it's convoluted.
    Yeah, I don't feel it was adequately explained or at least reinforced. Tomstone's description makes perfect sense - why couldn't they have made it clearer along those lines in the episode? Ashildr says something about "you cut me out of the deal" but I felt it wasn't clear enough (or I simply don't want to have to think about contract law during a major and emotive scene in Doctor Who).
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Think Donna/Doctor... Her scene in the TARDIS... It was kinda complex (well...) but well handled, clear, dramatic. (Killed by the rest of the episode, but anyways)
      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
      and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
        Think Donna/Doctor... Her scene in the TARDIS... It was kinda complex (well...) but well handled, clear, dramatic. (Killed by the rest of the episode, but anyways)

I still have not forgiven them for the way Donna ended..
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
          Yeah, I don't feel it was adequately explained or at least reinforced. Tomstone's description makes perfect sense - why couldn't they have made it clearer along those lines in the episode? Ashildr says something about "you cut me out of the deal" but I felt it wasn't clear enough (or I simply don't want to have to think about contract law during a major and emotive scene in Doctor Who).
          Made perfect sense to me. But keep in mind that the next episode follows on from this one and will probably provide a little more info on how it all works.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Why did Clara still have the suspension hook and harness on when she was in the street? And what was the white flash when the raven hit her?

I hope it's not all something really wanky

Comment

I suspect whoever is behind this is the same person who was behind the flying train episode.
              "You don't know half of it".
              Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
              (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                Why did Clara still have the suspension hook and harness on when she was in the street? And what was the white flash when the raven hit her?

I hope it's not all something really wanky
                Didn't notice a harness. As for the white flash, it'll be some sort of energy surge.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  Didn't notice a harness. As for the white flash, it'll be some sort of energy surge.
                  No doubt, the Doctor saving her using .... technology from the finale... *sigh* Better not.
                  back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                  "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                  "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                  and lots more!

Comment

No doubt, the Doctor saving her using .... technology from the finale... *sigh* Better not.
                    No the Doctor cannot save her, She's passed on! This Companion is no more! She has ceased to be! She's expired and gone to meet her maker!

She's a stiff! Bereft of life, She rests in peace! Her metabolic processes are now history!
                    She's kicked the bucket, She's shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!!

This is an EX-Companion!

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                      I suspect whoever is behind this is the same person who was behind the flying train episode.

I'm not sure why you would link those two things.. I don't think we'll ever find out who or what GUS was...Nor why he wanted all those people on the train.

Comment

Or someone with a gun could go back and shoot the raven.

Pic from the Christmas episode.
                        Spoiler:
                        Someone with a gun and a vortex manipulator and who doesn't mind breaking a few rules.

Someone who thinks it would be fun to wear the raven after they shot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                          Or someone with a gun could go back and shoot the raven.

Pic from the Christmas episode.
                          Spoiler:
                          Someone with a gun and a vortex manipulator and who doesn't mind breaking a few rules.

Someone who thinks it would be fun to wear the raven after they shot it.

[IMG]https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/599/22875856647_cfdc3a9dc0_z.jpg[/IG]

Love the spoiler pic, comment and implications. It would be very poetic in a way.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

I just hope the Christmas episode isn't too lighthearted.

I mean coming off this finale will it all be forgotten so easy?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              I just hope the Christmas episode isn't too lighthearted.

I mean coming off this finale will it all be forgotten so easy?

I mean, Donna came in as a companion right after that whole sad goodbye of what's-her-face.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                                No the Doctor cannot save her, She's passed on! This Companion is no more! She has ceased to be! She's expired and gone to meet her maker!

She's a stiff! Bereft of life, She rests in peace! Her metabolic processes are now history!
                                She's kicked the bucket, She's shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!!

This is an EX-Companion!
                                P-90 want a cracker?

Doctor: Where is everyone Rasillon?
                                Rassilon: They're dead Doctor.
                                Doctor: Who is?
                                Rassilon: Everybody Doctor.
                                Doctor: What, Katarina?
                                Rassilon: Everybody's dead Doctor.
                                Doctor: What, Astrid?
                                Rassilon: Everybody's dead Doctor.
                                Doctor: What, Adric?
                                Rassilon: They're all dead, everybody's dead Doctor.
                                Doctor: Peri isn't, is she?
                                Rassilon: Everybody is dead Doctor.
                                Lister: Not Ace?
                                Rassilon: Gorden Bennet, yes Ace, everybody, everybody's dead Doctor.
                                Doctor: Clara?
                                Rassilon: She's dead Doctor, everybody's dead, everybody is dead Doctor.
                                Doctor: Wait, are you trying to tell me everybody's dead?
                                Rassilon: *slightly under breath* Shouldn't have let him out in the first place!
                                Last edited by Gatefan1976; 30 November 2015, 04:17 PM.
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X