No announcement yet.

Face the Raven (3510 / 910)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter Capaldi's best episode, i think there going to be even better from now on, im not a clara hater, but until recently i've found they just didnt click ya know? there seemed to be something off about the pair all the way through season 8..... she was great with Matt Smith (not as good as the ponds tho), and she was great in s9 with Peter Capaldi, but now that she is gone from Doctor Who i think Peter Capaldi's Doctor is going to shine, i may even end up liking him more than Matt Smith (and his my favorite Doctor)
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

Anyone else notice the absense of the robber who became immortal too? I wonder if that has something to do with it.
      "You don't know half of it".
      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

There enough clues here to say that Clara didn't die.

Including that bloke with the suit on saying "Don't run, why do they always run" and the name of the episode all suggest Clara because she willing face the raven won't die.
        Plus we simply seen too much of her having a future to know she doesn't die.

Plus if the raven is based on viking myths, the Raven were information gatherers not killers. An what the best way to gather information about someone than to suck their saul out an store it somewhere else.

An I didn't see any white light when old man was killed, there was a white light when clara died.
        Last edited by knowles2; 22 November 2015, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Spoiler:
          They went to the trouble of playing out a very good goodbye/death scene for Clara; they wouldn't have had to do that if it was a "trick" death. As far as a linear progression goes, I think she's dead. But this is a time travel show, and she's scattered about, so a future appearance of some sort is possible.

Comment

I think the don't run comment reflected back on her origin... Run you clever man, and remember.

Now was the time not to run...
            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
            and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post

Talking about his condition. Is it just me, or is our Doctor spiraling toward being a bad man? Ever since Capaldi took over, the Doctor seemed less worried about lost lives. The only thing that kept him caring was Clara. I somehow get the feeling it will take him some time to find a new companion and in the course of that, make some very questionable choices.
              There's a difference between "nice" and "good". Capaldi's Doctor isn't particularly nice, Clara tried to help him be nicer to people with the cards and being his "carer" caring for him so he doesn't have to etc.. but he's still good. Even if he can't always see it himself.

Comment

Check this out.

I was curious what the writing in the background of this scene meant.

Luckily Tumblr provided the answer.

Turns out it's Aurebesh from Star Wars. And the word reads....

DELOREAN

Comment

This is a spoiler from filming, so only open if you want to...

Spoiler:
                  We definately have a scene left with a Clara as theres the diner scene from filming that hasnt come yet...

Comment

Oi, you lot. Spoiler tags are all well and good, but maybe keep the discussion of yet-to-air episodes out of already-aired episode threads?

Thanks.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                      Check this out.

I was curious what the writing in the background of this scene meant.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5781/2...4cc2ed16_c.jpg

Luckily Tumblr provided the answer.

Turns out it's Aurebesh from Star Wars. And the word reads....

DELOREAN

And the 3 circles connected with the Y certainly look like a flux capacitor.
                      Last edited by Skydiver; 26 November 2015, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                        There's a difference between "nice" and "good". Capaldi's Doctor isn't particularly nice, Clara tried to help him be nicer to people with the cards and being his "carer" caring for him so he doesn't have to etc.. but he's still good. Even if he can't always see it himself.
                        Thats what makes the current storyline so intriguing. We cant be sure of that anymore. Even he said to Ashildr, that Clara was saving more her than him, eventhough it was clear she was trying to save him. After everything he has done, he considers the Doctor gone. Again, his response of being lost long ago.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Frankly, when he made those threats to Ashildr... It was glorious... So dark, but glorious... because you KNEW he would and could do every word of it... I'd be terrified if I was Ashildr.
                          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                          and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                            Frankly, when he made those threats to Ashildr... It was glorious... So dark, but glorious... because you KNEW he would and could do every word of it... I'd be terrified if I was Ashildr.

I want dark doctor.... Bring back the Timelord Victorious. I want more of that.

I am calling it now,
                            Spoiler:
                            it's Missy and the Daleks he has been sent to.
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I've been thinking about the comment (here? elsewhere?) about the fact that even as a Clara-liker, her departure, whilst saying all the right things, just... fell flat.

The scenes inside the house are all great... great acting, dialogue, etc etc... very heart string tuggy. Then she goes out into the street and... a bird hits her chest, which sorry, but just - never seem to have noticed Clara's breasts quite as much as at that moment... and then she's standing there, dying in I guess a way that reminded me WAY too much of a demon from Supernatural... and I felt nothing...

I think (other than her breasts) it's a lot to do with the Doctor standing, watching... Making me think back to things like The Mummy Express one... where he "lets" people die... or Inside the Dalek... I don't like that... The 5th Doctor wouldn't have stood by and watched his companions die. Hell, he gave his life for one he barely knew. Yes, the storyline said it was impossible to alter... But he's the Doctor. As he says to Ashildr - Have you ever heard of anyone being able to stop me?

If she had to die (and, I'm glad she did die; well and truly time for a companion's death), I'm glad it was done in saving someone else... but I'd rather it had been far more.. mechanical... Jump in front of a Dalek death ray... not jump in front of a crow raven.
                              and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                I want dark doctor.... Bring back the Timelord Victorious. I want more of that.

I am calling it now,
                                Spoiler:
                                it's Missy and the Daleks he has been sent to.
                                You know...when he gave that girl immortality I actually thought about Waters on Mars and whether or not he learned his lesson. I guess he forgot about it.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X