No announcement yet.

The Magician's Apprentice (3501 / 901)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed something very important. Did anyone else pick up on this?

Missy's gigantic ring. The same ring Donna had in series 4. At least it looks all the world the same.. I wonder if there's a connection?

Also the stupid hand mines. Reminded me of the Sybaline sisterhood from Pompeii
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      So how does their planet keep surviving?
      Time travel.

They can show a character die before they're born and visit them at any point in their timeline in any order they want.

Just because the planet has been destroyed, it doesn't mean they can't go back and visit before it happened.

Comment

So how does their planet keep surviving?
        The Eighth Doctor novels retcon the destruction of Skaro in Remembrance of the Daleks by outlining that it was in fact another planet that was destroyed and the Doctor and Davros had actually both been misled.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Unless I'm misremembering, Skaro reappeared fairly recently, in Asylum of the Daleks, didn't it?
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Unless I'm misremembering, Skaro reappeared fairly recently, in Asylum of the Daleks, didn't it?
            Correct. And let's not forget that The Master's 'trial' was on Skaro in The Movie.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

OK some questions that bug me..

1. Was the TARDIS actually destroyed? Did anyone notice they showed a white light filling the console room?

2. Does this instance of Davros remember events from Journey's End? I wonder since the Universe did get a reboot so everything in essence died and was resurrected if the reboot was literal? Or do events in Journey's End take place in another time?

3. Was the whole extermination fake? Much like the fake spaceship actually being a building on Skaro? Something smells.

4. Why is the music louder then the dialog in some scenes? It's annoying.

5. How did he take the tank back to the 12th Century? Where in the TARDIS would you carry a tank? OH and he just left it there in the past without a care in the world. Great.
              As for getting the tank there in the first place, he's moved the entirity of Earth through time and space before... A tank is like picking up an ant.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                As for getting the tank there in the first place, he's moved the entirity of Earth through time and space before... A tank is like picking up an ant.
                He probably had one squirrelled away IN the TARDIS. He once kept a VW Beetle in there...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

1. The kid is Davros...OK...you have my attention...

2. Flipping hell...it's Ros from Bugs!(confirmed on IMDB). Don't think I've seen that actress on a TV screen this side of the Millenium!

3. SO...Missy...nuts but not evil for these purposes...OK.

4. So Davros knows that the Doctor saved his life as a kid...but still becomes one of his biggest enemies...I guess he's just nuts.

Not sure how they are going to get out of this but I look forward to finding out.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                    1. The kid is Davros...OK...you have my attention...

2. Flipping hell...it's Ros from Bugs!(confirmed on IMDB). Don't think I've seen that actress on a TV screen this side of the Millenium!

3. SO...Missy...nuts but not evil for these purposes...OK.

4. So Davros knows that the Doctor saved his life as a kid...but still becomes one of his biggest enemies...I guess he's just nuts.

Not sure how they are going to get out of this but I look forward to finding out.
                    I think the point is at this stage that The Doctor didn't save his life as a kid. He abandoned Davros. Additionally Missy is still evil. She proved that by killing two UNIT agents in cold blood, but she does care about The Doctor.

Comment

And also, Davros won't have known that Twelve is the Doctor -- at least not till long after he invented the Daleks. Recall: when Four was sent to Skaro to abort their creation, the Time Lords sent him there via intercepted transmat and/or time ring. So there was no way for Davros to have recognized the blue box (and therefore, the Doctor) until after he had created his monsters.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        And also, Davros won't have known that Twelve is the Doctor -- at least not till long after he invented the Daleks. Recall: when Four was sent to Skaro to abort their creation, the Time Lords sent him there via intercepted transmat and/or time ring. So there was no way for Davros to have recognized the blue box (and therefore, the Doctor) until after he had created his monsters.
                        Yep. He also never gave young Davros his name. Plus even when Davros had seen the TARDIS later on he would have been remembering an event from years before as a child with his original two eyes through the smoke. All in all I suspect he probably only remembered years later while he was dying either because he remembered in a dream and/or he recognised the screwdriver or Doctors face from Dalek records.

Comment

Does anyone else get a slightly Series 6 vibe out of this episode?

Big doom approaches, the Doctor is going on his final battle and stalling time, explosive intro with obvious timey-wimey going on. Psychopath from previous season becomes more of a companion presence.

Also, LOTS of cameos in this episode. I guess this is the 10th anniversary celebration. I wonder if it's going to be this way all season.
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I wondered about cameos as well Rushy, but I was thinking about it from a different angle.

Supposing the Doctor kills Davros and wipes the Daleks from history, won't there be massive consequences?

I wondered if S9 is going to be about what would happen to the universe if the Daleks have never existed. No Time War, no Bad Wolf, Jack Harkness won't become immortal, Susan won't meet David Campbell & will stay with the Doctor etc etc. Lots of opportunitites for juicy cameos there!

I can't even begin to think about what would happen. I bet the Doctor hasn't thought about it either.

What if removing the Daleks makes things a lot, lot worse and the Doctor has to bring them all back again?

Comment

The only bit I didn't like was the bit with the tank. It went on for too long. The rest was fine.
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

So why didn't Clara want to contact the Doctor?

And, why did she look at her hand...

She's a Dalek agent, fighting her programming...
                                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                                and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                                X