X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Is there a seen with Missy in this episode too?
      Dude
      It's on Sunday nights on ABC!
      Even Melbourne gets the ABC
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        Dude
        It's on Sunday nights on ABC!
        Even Melbourne gets the ABC
        I saw it in Iview that's the ABC

But first time around I missed the scene with Missy
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Although Jamie was a piper, he still took part in the Battle of Culloden.
          I do believe there is a difference between taking part in a battle, if you need to, to defend your people, even if it is you owhn choice to join the fight, or if you decide to become a soldier to be prepared for a fight which might be about to come.

Did he dump him because he was a soldier? I thought it was because he was an anomaly in time.
          That's how I understand it, as well.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          I saw it in Iview that's the ABC

But first time around I missed the scene with Missy
          How did you miss this. Did you leave your TV during watching? This scen is serveral seconds long, You can't just miss it by blinking.
          Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenee View Post

How did you miss this. Did you leave your TV during watching? This scen is serveral seconds long, You can't just miss it by blinking.

I was not paying attention fully the first time I saw the episode..
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
              It isn't said specifically but the implication is there.

In A Good Man Goes to War

STRAX: I serve a penance to restore the honour of my clone batch. It is the greatest punishment a Sontaran can endure, to help the weak and sick.
              HARCOURT: Who came up with that one?
              (The sound of the TARDIS materialising.)
              STRAX: Tonight, though, perhaps my penance is over. Captain Harcourt, I hope some day to meet you in the glory of battle, when I shall crush the life from your worthless human form. Try and get some rest.
              OK
              If we assume that is correct (which is a fair assessment), He still left Strax behind and only took him with him after he had served some kind of "penance"

Did he dump him because he was a soldier? I thought it was because he was an anomaly in time. Though my memory is pretty hazy on that point. The 10th Doctor era isn't one of my favourites.

But at the end of Last of the Time Lords we get

JACK: Back to work.
              DOCTOR: I really don't mind, though. Come with me.
              JACK: I had plenty of time to think that past year, the year that never was, and I kept thinking about that team of mine. Like you said, Doctor, responsibility.
              DOCTOR: Defending the Earth. Can't argue with that.
              Again, he accepts him after he has "changed", not from the get go.

Not known. But he must at the very least check up on him regularly. When the Doctor phones for the Brigadier he says "Hello, it's me. Get him." And the nurse instantly knows who is calling and who he wants.
              Sure, but I don't think the Doctor has any issue whatsoever dealing or working with soldiers, or even being friends with them, he just won't -travel- with them as companions, and I think you are on the money with your next comment about that.

That's it exactly. And like Greenee said, that is something that I like about him. He isn't just a good guy or a bad guy. He's all the shades of grey in between.
              I think it's because he *is* an Alien. What we consider "good or evil" from a human perspective just does not register with this doctor. Giving the soldier a tracer to swallow was neither good nor evil from a human perspective (selfish perhaps at best), it was necessary. The guy was going to die anyway, so why not use the resource? I think (pure speculation) that some of this concern over Capaldi not having his "I am the Doctor" moment when the fans accept him "as the Doctor" is going to come out as, it doesn't matter if he is a good MAN or not, but is he a good TIME LORD?
              Does he do what he must do "without fear, nor favour"?

I just wonder why he is being so precious about Journey Blue, when it hasn't bothered him in the past, but I guess this time it just didn't suit him. I do hope we get to see some of his reasoning.
              I *personally* think it's because she is a soldier when he meets her, she threatens him in the control room of the TARDIS as her first act. There is not the sense of "it's bigger on the inside" that you get from most characters (except Rory, and god love him, it's because he did his research ), she just wants to kill the Doctor, then gives him co-ordinates to a place where THEY will want to kill him. She changes though the ep, but she made her bed.

In his Time Lordy head does he think

"I'm not taking Journey with me as a companion. She's a soldier. I don't like soldiers. They are indoctinated killing machines... except for the Brigadier, and Captain Yates and Sergeant Benton because they are thoroughly good chaps... and Steven and Jack and Wilf because they aren't soldiers any more... and Harry Sullivan and Strax because they are medics... and Leela and Ace and River because even though they kill they aren't soldiers at all... but also in the TARDIS I have the biggest killer of them all... myself..."
              That bit you made small, I think that is the most important (which I think you know anyway )
              He is a killer, no matter who's hands he uses to do it, and I don't think he likes being actively reminded of that fact. His companions tend to be moral creatures, specifically HUMAN MORAL creatures, because, well, he Needs them.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Greenee
                You have no idea how long an Aussie can concentrate on the beer they happen to be drinking............

sigpic

Comment

My primary review is in my review thread, so I'll just comment this here...

I liked that they returned to the original idea of the Daleks not knowing the Doctor, it's very reminiscent of the Hartnell era. They should've explained it in detail(it took a comment here for me to figure out just how they don't know the 12th Doctor), however.
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

OK
                    I think it's because he *is* an Alien. What we consider "good or evil" from a human perspective just does not register with this doctor. Giving the soldier a tracer to swallow was neither good nor evil from a human perspective (selfish perhaps at best), it was necessary. The guy was going to die anyway, so why not use the resource? I think (pure speculation) that some of this concern over Capaldi not having his "I am the Doctor" moment when the fans accept him "as the Doctor" is going to come out as, it doesn't matter if he is a good MAN or not, but is he a good TIME LORD?
                    Does he do what he must do "without fear, nor favour"?

I *personally* think it's because she is a soldier when he meets her, she threatens him in the control room of the TARDIS as her first act. There is not the sense of "it's bigger on the inside" that you get from most characters (except Rory, and god love him, it's because he did his research ), she just wants to kill the Doctor, then gives him co-ordinates to a place where THEY will want to kill him. She changes though the ep, but she made her bed.

That bit you made small, I think that is the most important (which I think you know anyway )
                    He is a killer, no matter who's hands he uses to do it, and I don't think he likes being actively reminded of that fact. His companions tend to be moral creatures, specifically HUMAN MORAL creatures, because, well, he Needs them.

Sure, he IS an alien and as such, he is bound to have other moral standards. BUT, he acts very human, and the humans are his favourite race [oh, I just discovered, that race (biol.) and race as in motor race, is exectly the same, how weird]. Sure, it's for teh viewers to connect with the character, but nevertheless, his morals in many ways are prety close to human moral, and by comparing him to what little I've seen from the timelords, he'd probbably made rather a good human than a good timelord. As for "good and evil" I'm not sure, if evil is the right opposite. I thought the question is, if he is good or bad, which is a slightly different thing. Is he evil? Certainly not, because he's not by purpose. Is he bad, because he keeps failing in his struggle to be good? Well, I guess, we could debate about that for ages. I still won't say, he is a soldier, but I can't deny he is fighting somekind of war.

You have no idea how long an Aussie can concentrate on the beer they happen to be drinking............

No I haven't (though beeing from a beer-drinking country myself, even if I don't drink beer, I can imagine ) But, well they shouldn't drik beer while watching their favourite TV-show, than
                    Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

I wonder if the comment about the soldier is less of a statement on the Doctor's history and more of a purposeful device that will be used when the Doctor finally meats Clara's new love interest Danny Pink. I think there will be a confrontation about it, but in the end Danny and the Doctor will bond of their regrets. This will be used as a way for this new and darker Doctor to overcome a bit of this broody personality we're seeing.
                      sigpic

Comment

I am sure the Doctor wouldn't have any problems traveling with a soldier if the soldier was a nice hot girl.

And wow. Pretty strong opinion on the military in this thread. If you are in the military, your pretty much denigrated to 2nd class citizen?

And no I haven't seen this ep yet and some how I doubt I ever will.
                        I like Sharky
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                          I am sure the Doctor wouldn't have any problems traveling with a soldier if the soldier was a nice hot girl.
                          [...]
                          Well, the woman in question more or less is.

Comment

And wow. Pretty strong opinion on the military in this thread. If you are in the military, your pretty much denigrated to 2nd class citizen?

And no I haven't seen this ep yet and some how I doubt I ever will.
                            You have little faith, Fly.
                            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                              You have little faith, Fly.
                              eh...Its still "The Moffat Era" so no matter what they say. I don't really expect much change in things. There will be both good and bad but overall its still going to be full of Moffat.
                              I like Sharky
                              sigpic

Comment

.[/b][/color]
                                Trust me, it hasn't gone unnoticed.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X