Deep Breath (3401/801)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Oh come on you can't have that. It makes sense............. Doesn't fit with Dr Who
    It's people like you who give us episodes like The Wedding Of River Song and Asylum Of The Daleks.
    Any self-respecting sci-fi show needs continuity to work.
    (I'm in a cranky mood, but you get the point).
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
      It's people like you who give us episodes like The Wedding Of River Song and Asylum Of The Daleks.
      Any self-respecting sci-fi show needs continuity to work.
      (I'm in a cranky mood, but you get the point).
      There is continuity. Just use your imagination to fill in the gaps. That's why I love Doctor Who so much. You can have so much hypothesis on why something is the way it is, and since it's DW you can be completely mad with it if you want.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

BTW the Daleks are not that bad ass if River Song can make one beg for mercy........

I wonder what it found in its data banks to make it scared.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          BTW the Daleks are not that bad ass if River Song can make one beg for mercy........

I wonder what it found in its data banks to make it scared.
          That she killed the Doctor. It was scared because it was facing down the one being in the universe that had succeeded where not only the Daleks but all other races had failed.... of course it was scared. If the Doctor was the Oncoming Storm, what was River?
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            That she killed the Doctor. It was scared because it was facing down the one being in the universe that had succeeded where not only the Daleks but all other races had failed.... of course it was scared. If the Doctor was the Oncoming Storm, what was River?
            "Go around the other side of the planet to avoid"?
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Like Capalda a lot, but I thought the episode was actually kinda boring. Would have preferred it to have focused on him a lot more instead of Clara and the others.

Theory:

With all of the 'boyfriend' talk, is it possible that the woman at the end of Deep Breath is - in fact - a sort of Valeyard-version of Clara? A bad future incarnation is what I mean, possibly seeded when she entered the Doctor's timestream in The Name of the Doctor?
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

For a second. I wondered if that lady was the Tardis and that the Doctor had DL'ed Half Face into the Tardis Computer Banks. Cause that garden they were in kind of reminded me of the Cloister Room.
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

Has everyone noticed this?

http://blencathra.tumblr.com/post/95...n-the-girl-who

Comment

Spooky...! Isn't it...?
                    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                    To thy own self... Be true
                    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                      It's the same location (wherever it is), they just hope no one notices.
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Personally I wouldn't read too much into it - certain locations just get reused several times. Dalig Ulv Stranden, Alfava Metraxis and the engine room of the Silurian ark were all filmed at the same beach, for example.

Of course, that could just be what the Moff wants us to think...

Wish I could get excited for this series. I haven't even rewatched Deep Breath yet, and I chose to watch the DVD of a film I'd already seen instead of watching the series premiere live.
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I'm pretty sure that means something...
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                            Like Capalda a lot, but I thought the episode was actually kinda boring. Would have preferred it to have focused on him a lot more instead of Clara and the others.
                            I agree sort of, I thought it started out slow but ended well.

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                            Theory:

With all of the 'boyfriend' talk, is it possible that the woman at the end of Deep Breath is - in fact - a sort of Valeyard-version of Clara? A bad future incarnation is what I mean, possibly seeded when she entered the Doctor's timestream in The Name of the Doctor?
                            I like this theory. Something to think about.

Thanks for sharing this. A buddy of mine and I were wondering if it was the same garden as well, although wasn't Amy's garden actually a hologram of some other famous garden?
                            sigpic

Comment

Good catch there Blencathra......... I hadn't thought of that . Now off to watch that episode again with Amy

Comment

Hey since Missy seemed to mimic a bit what if she IS the creature from Midnight only now on another world?

Comment

Working...
                                X