No announcement yet.

Deep Breath (3401/801)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funnily enough, Id kinda gotten used to Capaldi as the Doctor even before the episode aired, he was just like how I thought he would be...

I think he's going to be great as the Doctor!

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
      Matt Smith's cameo was lovely, but also entirely unnecessary. His final speech was sickeningly fan-comforting enough, having him literally tell Clara that he's the new boss and to treat him gently was ridiculous.

The new Doctor should stand on his own. After three regenerations already, the audience doesn't need this. And when they did, they were told two words: "cheating death". And they knew.
      I'd be willing to bet that this is aimed at all the 'Matt Smith in Doctor Who' Fans, specifically the female fans, who watch the show because of him and not necessarily because they are fans of Doctor Who. I've heard complains relating to the Who fanbase because of it, so this is Smith telling his fans to give Capaldi a chance.

sigpic

Comment

Thumbs up for alien invasions in Glasgow!
        No, better yet, a Jamie cameo!!

One can only hope...
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Well I've never been a fan of Doctor Who, but I thought I might as well give the new guy a shot.

I'm still not a fan of Doctor Who.
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I enjoyed!

edit; and it occurs to me, this is the fourth TV story in a row now that featured more than one Doctor.
            Last edited by DigiFluid; 23 August 2014, 05:11 PM.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I liked the new opening credits visually, but the music sounds like it's being played on an old stylophone!
              sigpic

Comment

Ok. On the topic of the girlfriend character, I believe that was the rani. The rani was a renegade time lord-lady who showed up in the time of the 6th doctor. She was similar to the master as the rival/thorn in the side for the doctor. Only she causes more chaos. It could be a new actor for the rani or a lot of make. Because seeing how old she looked in the 80s she can't be that young. But if you want more info on her look her up.

Comment

I liked it as well, and PC was not much of a shock to the system as I have recently been watching the Muskateers as well (we got a new BBC channel a month ago and they launched with an 8 ep marathon of it)

I wonder if the reason we now have an older doctor is because he has integrated the "war doctor" into his personality and has allowed himself to "grow up" again?
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                    I liked the new opening credits visually, but the music sounds like it's being played on an old stylophone!
                    I liked the touch of '70's sound in the music. I wanted to see this older Dr Who, he reminds me a bit of Jon Pertwee. This new look to the show reminds me of 'classic' Who. I get the feeling Peter Capaldi has the same nostalgia with 1970's Dr Who as I do, given that we're the same age and brings it through in his portrayal of the Doctor I thought. It had the same bizarre and erratic movement from one thing to another that I remembered from classic Who so I quite enjoyed this new episode.

His comments about his new face were hilarious, especially the "angry eyebrows".

Like the look of the 'redecorated' interior of the TARDIS.

Comment

Originally posted by Comet428 View Post
                      Ok. On the topic of the girlfriend character, I believe that was the rani. The rani was a renegade time lord-lady who showed up in the time of the 6th doctor. She was similar to the master as the rival/thorn in the side for the doctor. Only she causes more chaos. It could be a new actor for the rani or a lot of make. Because seeing how old she looked in the 80s she can't be that young. But if you want more info on her look her up.
                      Kate O'Mara died earlier this year. So no, she won't be looking especially pleasant these days.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm now watching it. The bit before the credits was pretty humorous.
                        sigpic
                        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

opening - liked very much
                          Strax - LOVE. LOVE, LOVE
                          Capaldi - "attack eyebrows" YES!
                          Ambiguity of Clara towards the new Doctor - understandable, since I don't recall a previous regeneration with this level of disorientation for the Doctor
                          Matt Smith cameo - nice transition to assure Clara and to establish that 11 and 12 care both the Doctor
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            I don't recall a previous regeneration with this level of disorientation for the Doctor
                            Seventh into Eighth maybe?

Comment

Perhaps. It IS unusual however
                              sigpic

Comment

Definitely!

On more than one occasion, though, I did keep thinking to myself "take him to the Zero Room!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X