Deep Breath (3401/801)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Hey since Missy seemed to mimic a bit what if she IS the creature from Midnight only now on another world?
    Wrong writer...

I can't see Moff using a RTD creature...
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

I seriously hope she's not a female Master... the Mistress. *shudder* Well, unless the Moff can give a real good reason how John Simm turned into a lying Mary Poppins(they're obviously NOT in heaven).

I like the future Clara idea though.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
        Wrong writer...

I can't see Moff using a RTD creature...
        Why not? If he thoight it was a good idea? Don't see, why there should bee a connection in this case though. But didn't he doo that with the whole Robots-fixing-a-spaceship-with-human-bodyparts explict link to the girl in teh fireplace, or was that allready a Moffat episode? Thought, his first one was blink?
        I'm not sure, if I notice the gardens... kind off felt, like I've seen it before. And I can't shake off the feeling, I#ve seen this Missy-Miss somewhere before.

Loved the way they where using mirrors an the topic of remembering/forgetting through this whole episode - alltogether with this changing-beeing the same-theme.

But I think Moffat starts to confuse how much information each character has about the doctor. For exaple Jenny was completely puzzeld who this person was, who stummbeld out of the TARDIS, but later reminded Clara, that he was still the Doctor, as if she were all familliar with this regenration-stuff.
        Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenee View Post
          Why not? If he thoight it was a good idea? Don't see, why there should bee a connection in this case though. But didn't he doo that with the whole Robots-fixing-a-spaceship-with-human-bodyparts explict link to the girl in teh fireplace, or was that allready a Moffat episode? Thought, his first one was blink?
          I'm not sure, if I notice the gardens... kind off felt, like I've seen it before. And I can't shake off the feeling, I#ve seen this Missy-Miss somewhere before.

Loved the way they where using mirrors an the topic of remembering/forgetting through this whole episode - alltogether with this changing-beeing the same-theme.

But I think Moffat starts to confuse how much information each character has about the doctor. For exaple Jenny was completely puzzeld who this person was, who stummbeld out of the TARDIS, but later reminded Clara, that he was still the Doctor, as if she were all familliar with this regenration-stuff.
          Agreed with you on the confusion part(Moffat never keeps track of the details). The first episode Moffat wrote wasn't Blink, but The Empty Child, which was all the way back in Series 1. He also wrote a famous DW spoof in the 90s, so he's been around for quite awhile.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Finally got around to watching it a second time only one day before the next episode.
            • Giant dinosaur... meh. Feels very contrived given its ridiculous proportions.
            • Capaldi does a superb job of being very confused, muddled and manic, presumably because this is post-regeneration trauma turned up to eleven as a result of a whole new regeneration cycle. In addition to being quite amusing it's actually quite moving at times because of the Doctor's obvious distress.
            • I actually rather like the new theme and title sequence - the music seems at the same time both new and more in line with classic Who by way of the shrill and otherworldly sounds, as opposed to the familiar instruments in recent themes.
            • Clara's inability to accept the new face of the Doctor seems odd given that she, alone among companions to my knowledge (except perhaps River), has seen all of the Doctor's faces and therefore should have a far better grasp than most on how this man changes so much and yet remains the same fundamental person. This is the only time I'll say this but... this story would have been far better with Amy. *shudder*
            • Uh... what's with the wacky sound effect when Vastra causes the Doctor to go to sleep?
            • Every scene with Strax and Clara is just brilliant. Hell, every scene with Strax is just brilliant, though I do prefer it when he isn't being "comically confused Strax".
            • What was the Doctor actually scribbling on the floor?
            • Clockwork robots, again? I can't tell if Moff's just revisiting old favourites or running out of ideas. I don't think they worked all that well either.
            • Clara's main scene with Vastra was great and gave Clara some much needed depth and character.
            • Jenny was pretty damn awesome in this episode.
            • "Nothing is more important than my egomania!"
            • Actually loved Eleven's cameo as it really helped cement the fact that he and Twelve are the same person, just wearing different bodies, voices and personas. No other Doctor's had a scene like it to tie different incarnations together.
            • I actually quite like Capaldi as the Doctor (spent a lot of time thinking I wouldn't) but I still feel the show is missing something.
            • The episode was far too long and would have been better with a story and villains that tie in more directly to the Doctor's regeneration and identity crisis.
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I will never forgive Moffat for the amount of melodrama that went into the simple fact that the Twelfth Doctor is... le gasp! old.
              Seriously, my eyes rolled more than the sets of 2001: A Space Odyssey throughout the whole veil scene with Madame Vastra.
              And the fans who actually need this comfort don't make me feel better. Grow up.

Comment

But on a more positive note, I thought the clockwork droids and their quest for the promised land was really good stuff. Ferdinando was great as the villain.
                And you can't not love Strax.
                Oh yeah, where did the Paternoster Gang come from? Still not over that :-) .

Comment

I do believe Strax is my very favorite minor character. He just has so much personality!
                  sigpic

Comment

*boils Nola*

IN ACID
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I recommend thermite explosive charges

Last edited by Nolamom; 29 August 2014, 05:52 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I hope someone's keeping track of all the little "Strax-isms"?

Neutrino badgers, laser monkeys and scalpel mines for example?
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          I hope someone's keeping track of all the little "Strax-isms"?

Neutrino badgers, laser monkeys and scalpel mines for example?
                          Don't forget a healthy dose of grenades!!

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                            Agreed with you on the confusion part(Moffat never keeps track of the details). The first episode Moffat wrote wasn't Blink, but The Empty Child, which was all the way back in Series 1. He also wrote a famous DW spoof in the 90s, so he's been around for quite awhile.
                            oh, ok. Thanks. (loved the empty child by the way) I like the mindbending way, he twists things, though sometimes, well... a lot actully, he overdoes it. I think he's got brillant ideas, just doesn't thinks them trough propperly.
                            Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Also how did 11 know the exact moment to call Clara on the phone to tell her about 12? Remember like past Doctors 12 was still suffering post regeneration sickness...... So either he know the exact moment or the TARDIS maybe...
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                Also how did 11 know the exact moment to call Clara on the phone to tell her about 12? Remember like past Doctors 12 was still suffering post regeneration sickness...... So either he know the exact moment or the TARDIS maybe...
                                He didn't, 12 did.
                                "it may be your boyfriend calling"
                                He already knew the phone call was coming, because he did it.

12's problems don't seem to be based around how he relates to the world, but how he relates to himself.

Is he a good man?
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X