The Name of the Doctor (3314/714)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenee View Post

But what do you guys say to my theorie the Hurt Doctor isn't a specific regeneration (past or future) but something diffrent, something that lys underneth his character, or something? Completly rubbish or a possibility?

I kind of like that........ But even if he's the Valeyard that doesn't mess with anything. We know the Valeyard exists. We just don't know what happened after Trial Of A Timelord. Maybe he escaped
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Not sure if it was here or GallifreyBase, but someone pointed out - the Valeyard was pure evil, whereas the HURT Doctor, from the minute bit of dialogue to date, doesn't seem to fit that image. Oh - and the fact 11 says that HURT did something to stop them calling him Doctor... Doesn't fit the Valeyard...

Of course - it could well just mean it's the Valeyard V2, re-imagined for the modern era... And I'd be ok with that. I'd MUCH rather him be revealed as the Valeyard, rather than a "missing" Doctor...
      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
      and lots more!

Comment

The "for peace" part seems obvious (at least, in a non-Moff universe) but "for sanity" is a little more open...

Comment

Although Moffat's probably got something ingenious prepared, for now I'm guessing the 'for sanity' part is a reference to just how nightmarish and insane the conflict had become - if what Ten said in The End of Time is anything to go by.
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
            Not sure if it was here or GallifreyBase, but someone pointed out - the Valeyard was pure evil, whereas the HURT Doctor, from the minute bit of dialogue to date, doesn't seem to fit that image. Oh - and the fact 11 says that HURT did something to stop them calling him Doctor... Doesn't fit the Valeyard...

Of course - it could well just mean it's the Valeyard V2, re-imagined for the modern era... And I'd be ok with that. I'd MUCH rather him be revealed as the Valeyard, rather than a "missing" Doctor...

See I don't get that. Why does a character need to be "reimagined for the modern era?"

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              See I don't get that. Why does a character need to be "reimagined for the modern era?"
              Philosophically, rather than specifically: because they're "old-fashioned" and out of touch with modernity in one or more ways: purpose, method, manners, attitude, abilities, style, language...

Back in the 1970s there was a show about a rascist Londoner, which highlighted how stupid and self-defeating rascism was. They can't even show parts of it now, because of the changing view on rascism in the last 30 years. Doesn't stop them "re-imagining" a new version to make the same point but in a slightly different way.

Comment

Correct me if i am wrong, but when the Valeyard errm becomes alive i suppose, doest the TARDIS feed of' the evil deeds and change color? I vaguely remember reading something about the TARDIS becoming a black box with red light on top.

And to all the Robert Carlisle people, i am sorry, so very sorry, i love the actor aswell dont get me wrong, but, JOHN HURT AS THE DOCTOR, is easily twice as epic

If JH doesnt play the Valeyard then RC can still jump in as said evil incarnation

N.C

Comment

Clarence and the Whipsermen.
                  Explains how he got the co ordinates

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                    Clarence and the Whipsermen.
                    Explains how he got the co ordinates
                    Also explains more who the whispermen were, "We are The Intelligence". that bit should have been in the episode!
                    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

It surely should have.
                      Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

If the episode had been an hour rather than 45 minutes long it surely would have been. However it does give away that the whisper are the GI a little early.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I think it was a bad choice to not have their mouths move - it makes them look like a cheap cartoon instead of something scary. (But overall, they just remind me too much of their Buffy brethren.)
                          sigpic

Comment

Actually I wanted to think the Whisper were related to The Silence. Want them back, and the mad monks

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                              or the balding beer-gutted male doctor and his teenage assistant, don't think that would go down too well
                              We will get to see that Doctor if Colin Baker makes an app in the 50th... ( but I still like colin anyway)

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              Actually I wanted to think the Whisper were related to The Silence. Want them back, and the mad monks
                              They looked like the Faceless ones to me,but I knew that Moffat wasn't going to go there...although they kind of would of fit seeing as how the GI and Ice Warriors got to make apperances this season.

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                              and his obese menopausal female companion.
                              Really? Didn't we kinda get that with Donna?
                              I like Sharky
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                                Really? Didn't we kinda get that with Donna?
                                And yet was one of the better companions because she was mature enough not to be fawning and falling in love, yet innocent enough in time travel to be the foil a companion provides.

Comment

Working...
                                X