No announcement yet.

The Crimson Horror (3312/712)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was it just me or did the music in this ep seem louder then normal?
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
      Artie mentions that he found the photo of Clara on the submarine in 1983 at school, and immediately asks if Clara's "boyfriend" is an alien... because of his chin(!). I'd say somebody is prompting them, and it's a fair bet it's the Great Intelligence.

Also, for those who were wondering if the revolver Mrs Gillyflower was using was anachronistic, it looked like a Webley RIC which was first made in 1868 (and used by Custer at Little Big Horn in 1876), twenty-five years before the episode takes place.

Hope that helps!
      And how do you "find" pictures taken inside a Russian boomer at the height of the cold war at a school ?
      ----------------------------
      You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
        Was it just me or did the music in this ep seem louder then normal?
        Actually yes, I noticed that as well but filed it away under 'it's probably just me'.

Originally posted by mjwalshe View Post
        And how do you "find" pictures taken inside a Russian boomer at the height of the cold war at a school ?
        Schools have Internet access, teachers and staff who can suggest resources, textbooks on history and so on, and like I said, I think somebody or something is prompting them. There is somebody behind the scenes, manipulating events and people.

Besides, it's amazing what you can find on the net if you're prepared to put in the time and effort. Admittedly snapshots from a top secret Soviet nuclear armed and powered warship from one of the tensest moments in history (as Flyboy said, the choice of 1983 was far from incidental - the Cold War very nearly went hot) are unlikely in this context, but that just plays into the theory that there is a manipulating entity involved in all this.
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by mjwalshe View Post
          Google images? A search for "Soviet submarine crew" would yield good results.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Someone had to upload it to be found - that's where that mystery begins, for me.
            sigpic

Comment

stuff is uploaded on to supposedly private servers every day. things leak. hacks happen.
              sigpic

Comment

I mean, someone bothered to upload it at all. Why? To share it with their fellow Cold War Facebook friends? It seems like another indication that someone is behind it all, to me.
                sigpic

Comment

I will go with the "its all being planted for Clara and or the Doctor to find" for what ever reasons and by Whom ever said responsible is....Heck...IT could be Clara herself who put those pics up for all we know. and Moffat for that matter as well.
                  I like Sharky
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                    I mean, someone bothered to upload it at all. Why? To share it with their fellow Cold War Facebook friends? It seems like another indication that someone is behind it all, to me.
                    I'm not disagreeing about the possibility of an intelligence behind it. However, there are literally BILLIONS of images floating around on the internet. Are a half-dozen over more than a century (even if they are of one person) really that extraordinary?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      I'm not disagreeing about the possibility of an intelligence behind it. However, there are literally BILLIONS of images floating around on the internet. Are a half-dozen over more than a century (even if they are of one person) really that extraordinary?
                      I'm just saying, people upload them - the images don't leap into the internet on their own, any more than old-school photos put themselves in an album on their own. Somebody has to make the decision to upload it to the internet, and it has to be uploaded to something - a free host, Facebook, a private domain, a cloud, something. (And that's not even going into how search engines work.)

Mainly I'm wondering if that's all some kind of a clue or if it's just Moffat not quite thinking through how the internet works. It's probably the latter.
                      sigpic

Comment

Perhaps you missed my point earlier about private organizations (or government agencies) have tons and tons of stuff online - much of it is of course still private, but more often that you might realize it leaks out one way or another into the public domain.

As for image searches - piece of cake! On Google, select Google Images. In the search bar is a little camera - click on it and you have the option of uploading a picture to find out if there are similar images out there. Alternately, use something like TinyEye
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          Perhaps you missed my point earlier about private organizations (or government agencies) have tons and tons of stuff online - much of it is of course still private, but more often that you might realize it leaks out one way or another into the public domain.
                          I got that I just wondered what person, private organization or government agency (etc.) was uploading them.

As for image searches - piece of cake! On Google, select Google Images. In the search bar is a little camera - click on it and you have the option of uploading a picture to find out if there are similar images out there. Alternately, use something like TinyEye
                          I agree, but for something to even get into the Google search engine results, Google has to find it and deem it worthy of being included. So, in real life, someone would have to upload these photos and then make sure that Google would find them and include them at the top of the search results.

And the above isn't attached to any particular theory, aside from "I wonder if that was a clue or just lazy writing." So I'm not trying to debunk anyone's theory or promote a theory, I'm just spitballing, basically.
                          sigpic

Comment

There are two possibilitys. Someone was collecting photos of Clara for a specific reason (egg. to plot something against the doctor) and uploded them whereeverto, but somewhere where it coukd be found, and baybe even give the kids a hint where to look, or let them find it by "accident".

the other possibility is, that random persons uploded the photos without any notice of Clara (for a rrport about the cold war, a dukmentary about the 19th. century) an the kids found one (prmted to it or by pure chance), got curius and startet surching on theier own if there are more pictures like the first (again, they might have had help by some mysterious stranger in the backround (probably the G.I.)
                            Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                              http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2...e200026xu0.jpg

People upload things. *shrugs*

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

You should do a facial-recognition search on that one - see if he's a time traveler!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X