No announcement yet.

The Bells of St. John (3307/707)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all the little details that I like such as Amelia Williams, not so keen on the motorbike going up the side of The Shard though. Why on earth do I have a problem with that, but find travelling through time & space totally plausable? I wonder if the Burger King reference was to do with the recent horsemeat scandal?

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
      Decent episode

Chapter 11 is the best.....totally didn't get that at all

Ameilia Williams

Yeah i thought i saw Craig in one of the screens aswell......i was waiting for i'm sorry did you just say doctor? as in the doctor? kind of line

OH and the first person i thought of when Clara said i got your number from this person, was Rose Tyler, but it was probably River
      The only reason I didn't think of Rose was because she's suppose to be with "human" Doctor in an AU. But good thought.

Oh my youngest is gonna be so happy to know he wasn't the only one... and I was wrong.
      Originally posted by Greenee View Post
      I agree with you. The story itself was rather week. But some of the dialoges were realy good. And I loved the dynamic between Clara and the Doctor and their acting. So I don't care much about the story.

He was the one with Sophie and later with the Baby, right? I thought I saw him as well.

That's exactly what I thought.
      I agree. Some dialog was clever and funny.
      Yes... that's Craig he was in two eps.

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
      Spoiler:
      In "A Town Called Mercy" the Doctor said to the Ponds that he was 1200 years old.
      Oh I missed that too. In the Impossible Astronaut they pointed out that the Doctor was 200 years older. Hmmm. Curious.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyemiliecharlotte View Post
        It's all the little details that I like such as Amelia Williams, not so keen on the motorbike going up the side of The Shard though. Why on earth do I have a problem with that, but find travelling through time & space totally plausable? I wonder if the Burger King reference was to do with the recent horsemeat scandal?
        A fortuitous coincidence I think, given that the ep was filmed in September of last year.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Did anyone else notice that when the Doctor put Clara in the bed she was wearing a red top, then when she was talking to the doctor out of the window it was grey, and red again when she was outside with the doctor...

could be a continuity error, BUT with moffat there is every chance it may mean something...
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
            Did anyone else notice that when the Doctor put Clara in the bed she was wearing a red top, then when she was talking to the doctor out of the window it was grey, and red again when she was outside with the doctor...

could be a continuity error, BUT with moffat there is every chance it may mean something...
            Just rewatched this to check, hmmmm... Would Moffat make that sort of continuity error by accident?
            Or she could have just taken her red top off ofscreen and had a grey one on underneath...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post

It's a continuity thing don't read into things so much. Moffat's just not that clever. I think he comes from the JJ Abrams school of writing, "make stuff up and keep people guessing."

Ever since Lost, JJ Abrams has inspired a whole new style of "Sci-Fi" writers where plot consistency and coherency is replaced by disjointed jerky movement from moment to moment, with each moment only consistent in itself with only a very loose logic connection to other moments.

This disjointed series is meant to convey a false sense of depth where fans make up whatever bull**** they want to fill in the gaps which in turn saves the writers from having to actually have any cleverness or originality or coherency in the plot.
              Last edited by Coco Pops; 01 April 2013, 05:14 PM.
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Actually I think it was a sweater she put on over the red one for a bit... not sure why. Maybe she was cold and forgot to take it off before filming that scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  It's a continuity thing don't read into things so much.
                  Isn't that what we said about the jacket/bow-tie in the crashed Byzantium?

Comment

Ever since Lost, JJ Abrams has inspired a whole new style of "Sci-Fi" writers where plot consistency and coherency is replaced by disjointed jerky movement from moment to moment, with each moment only consistent in itself with only a very loose logic connection to other moments.
                    I will give Moffat credit, I think he's fair with the clues and this was probably just a mistake that wasn't caught, but I do agree with you on JJ Abrams and Lost.
                    sigpic

Comment

It's a continuity thing don't read into things so much. Moffat's just not that clever. I think he comes from the JJ Abrams school of writing, "make stuff up and keep people guessing."

This disjointed series is meant to convey a false sense of depth where fans make up whatever bull**** they want to fill in the gaps which in turn saves the writers from having to actually have any cleverness or originality or coherency in the plot.
                      I'm sorry but this is absolute rubbish. There are no problems with continuity or the series being disjointed. It's no use half-heartedly watching the show, not understanding it and then blaming the writer. I really think you should give each episode your undivided attention. Then you would see that what you consider to be plot holes and other annoyances, are in fact, nothing of the kind. Remember you were the one who stated in this thread that the Doctor doesn't remember the events of series 5, Venice, the Attraxi or Prisoner Zero, which is patently untrue. Also many things that you may not understand the first time become clearer later on.

Steven Moffat's episodes need to be watched carefully, and then watched again as there are many subtleties that you may not catch on the first viewing. Did you notice for instance, that in Clara's book of 101 Places to See, that there are a couple of numbers missing from her age list? Age 16 and 23 are missing. Or that Nina was mentioned again?

So in short. Pay attention and don't wander off.
                      Last edited by Blencathra; 02 April 2013, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Thanks Blen for the lively debate You're terrific.

But I won't be changing my opinion on this episode (much)
                        Last edited by Coco Pops; 02 April 2013, 03:51 PM.
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                          Apparently I saw a different episode or BBC America snipped the best bits with its long sets of commercials.

The episode was boring. It was a repetitive match up of the Christmas special and Idiot's Lantern with a motor bike thrown in place of the scooter.

The "snog box" thing didn't help either. I miss Donna. Can someone just travel with the Doctor?

The sharks are circling. After six years of enjoying New Who, I'm finding Series 7 a dreadful waste of time with few episodes worth watching.
                          I don't get what you mean about her snog box comment. Donna basically did the same thing with Tenth. In fact, she sorta reminds me of Donna.

Anyway, I liked the episode. It was....fun. Yes, that word. Fun to watch. The Doctor and Clara are great together I also liked the exchange:

"Doctor who?"
                          "No, just Doctor"
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            I don't get what you mean about her snog box comment. Donna basically did the same thing with Tenth. In fact, she sorta reminds me of Donna.
                            For example, "Time Boy..."

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                              Exactly.

Still - it's better than those red berets...
                              Thinking about this thread made me wonder if torchwood woudl update from the range rover to a Coyote or Jackal - I can just see a custom Jackal in black with Gwen on Top cover with a 50 cal :-)

For non vehicle nerds these are the vehicles that have replaced the famous 6 wheel landrovers the SAS and other SF's use
                              ----------------------------
                              You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Originally posted by mjwalshe View Post
                                Thinking about this thread made me wonder if torchwood woudl update from the range rover to a Coyote or Jackal - I can just see a custom Jackal in black with Gwen on Top cover with a 50 cal :-)

For non vehicle nerds these are the vehicles that have replaced the famous 6 wheel landrovers the SAS and other SF's use
                                A quad mount of .50 cals, maybe.
                                sigpic
                                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X