No announcement yet.

The Bells of St. John (3307/707)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant believe I didnt see the Pond reference, or click with the 11th chapter!

As for Clara speculation:
    Spoiler:
    I dont think Clara will be River, as Rivers identity was a main storyline in Series 6.
    Dont think Moffat would go there so soon...
    I do think River will be involved somehow though, as she is speculated to be in the finale...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
      I cant believe I didnt see the Pond reference, or click with the 11th chapter!

As for Clara speculation:
      Spoiler:
      I dont think Clara will be River, as Rivers identity was a main storyline in Series 6.
      Dont think Moffat would go there so soon...
      I do think River will be involved somehow though, as she is speculated to be in the finale...
      Spoiler:
      If she is in the finale they better put some photoshop budget aside as time has not been kind to her if Arrow is anything to go by

Anyway, fast but good ep, loved the way he said "just going to the garage...." and everything else already pointed out.

Comment

Loving the little touches, like the extending phone lead out of the TARDIS,the Jammy Dodgers and being nice (killing the minion after his holiday). Once again, he was focused on the words "Doctor Who" - becoming quite a theme since SM took over (and of course building, possibly, towards Trenzalore). Anyone else notice that Clara called the Doctor "time boy", which sounded quite Donna-ish...

Comment

Why can't I reach that good of a help line?
          sigpic

Comment

Did anyone notice who wrote the book on fairy tales? It was Ameila Williams.
            Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
              Knee pads is commonplace. Those shin protectors though... I've never come across them. That's not to say they don't exist of course...
              eBay, £12 plus £3 postage.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                eBay, £12 plus £3 postage.

-_- I meant used by military personnel.

Git.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Git.
                  Just sayin'.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Just saw "The bells of st john" and while fun it was a bit too easy to save everyone. Now if only it were a save were only some people were saved that would have made me feel better about the episode. As it stands I feel a bit meh. about it.

The dialog with the Doctor and Kizlet should have been put in a bit earlier and fleshed out more. As it stands the thing at the start seemed like a rehash of Blink, and companions dying so much has been overdone.
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                      Of course.... the bells of St John. Obvious now when you know what it is. And it's a mobile phone. Of course!
                      .. yeah. And in a mobile traveling vehicle, too! .. I didn't get the title connection, until someone mentioned it in a review..
                      gotta look back at the "The Doctor Dances" (2710/110) ..I think it was that one where the (external) police box/TARDIS phone rang--the one that was never there before.. meaning, the creepy phone with the creepy "hello" voice on the other end..

.. I haven't seen the new eppy yet, "The Bells of St. John" (3307/707)--gotta wait for the DVDs to come out, or some nice family member who might have it taped, which is doubtful.
                      I did manage to see some snippet previews.. tauntingly teasing! this is gonna be a lonnnnnng wait.

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                      Is it just me, or does Clara remind anyone else of Sarah Jane?
                      Someone mentioned how feisty and independent-type of persona that she was, and immediately I thought of Sarah Jane.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                        Agree with this, you basically summed up my thoughts...
                        Definately dont think this will have been the last we have seen of the GI.
                        Definitely I want UNIT and Kate Stewart in the disused underground tunnels fighting the Yetti! or i will be writing a stiff letter of complaint to the DG.
                        ----------------------------
                        You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Knee pads is commonplace. Those shin protectors though... I've never come across them. That's not to say they don't exist of course...
                          yes know what you mean does look a bit like the Polish Sf "GROM" Uniform. Though you woudl have though that the BBC could spring for a couple of Ospey books to get some idea of what the current kit used by UK SF looks like.
                          ----------------------------
                          You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Originally posted by mjwalshe View Post
                            yes know what you mean does look a bit like the Polish Sf "GROM" Uniform. Though you woudl have though that the BBC could spring for a couple of Ospey books to get some idea of what the current kit used by UK SF looks like.
                            Exactly.

Still - it's better than those red berets...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I seem to remember seeing riot squads (and similar "tactical support") groups wearing them

Comment

So...

1. Very cool intro...

2. Amelia Williams...took me a while to clock that!

3. You'd have that that once Clara knew what was going on she wouldn't have been going "Dr - I don't know where I am" when she got reuploaded to the cloud.

4. And would everyone really be saying those exact words?

5. Still, you have to get up very early to catch the Dr.

Cool enough ep, season openers tend not to be classics.
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X