X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this seems appropriate

Spoiler:

EDIT: made by yours truly
    Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
    - Doctor Who (series 7)
    - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
    - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
    - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
    - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Didn't like it quite as much as Asylum of the Daleks, but it was still a fun one

Some interesting trivia pulled from the TARDIS Wikia:

Rory states that he is 31 years old. If Rory was born in 1989 (considering that Amy and Rory are the same age in Let's Kill Hitler and Amy's birth year according to The Big Bang was 1989, then this story is set in 2020. Therefore, this seems to be the same year that Amy and Rory went back to the hill and waved to themselves in The Hungry Earth.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I thought the same thing about the robots from the fifth element.
        Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

I liked how the Doctor seemed so excited to find dinosaurs on the spaceship. Now I need to watch it again.
          sigpic
          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
            Did anyone else notice Solomon's non-direct referencing to rape when he had Neffi on his ship, or was that just me?

When Solomon pinned Nefertiti up against the wall with his crutch and how he said he liked it when his possessions had spirit or something and then he went on to
            say about how he liked it because it is more fun to break in to them or whatever.. The way he looked at her and said that line about breaking into her with great pleasure. F**king come on man. You know exactly what he means. And it is nothing even the adults want to hear from a show like DW. F**king rape man.. SERIOUSLY. Made me feel physically sick.
            Actually - I think it was deservedly dark. And tbh, only those with a mind able to deal with it will see it as rape.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I thought it was funny that The Doctor knew that his name was Brian without being introduced.
              Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                Actually - I think it was deservedly dark. And tbh, only those with a mind able to deal with it will see it as rape.
                And, arguably, the Doctor punished him for his views...

Comment

Brilliant Episode! The Robots were funny! Though for some reason the oddest bit to come out of this episode is when the Doctor asked Rory's dad if he had anything in his pockets/pants which was one of those eyebrow raised moments.

Rory's dad really is a cool character considering the Doctor just Transported the Tardis around them and he got taken along for the ride, just was an excellent episode.

Robot: "We are very cross with you!"
                  Continuing to work on my Blog, which is my showcase and other things related to what I'm working on!

Check it out here!

https://tyjos84.wordpress.com

Comment

OK...

1. Not quite sure why the Doctor would want Neffi and Riddel on board. They'd have been good characters within their own time period but annoying outside of it.

2. And yeah...dinos on a spaceship. One for the kids I think.

3. The Robots...puhleese.

4. Rory's Dad...worth bringing along, if only for him to realise what his kid's been up to...

5. Solomon however stood all like a sore thumb. All that cheese...and then this dodgy geezer. And he was certainly dodgy "break them in..."hmmm...I think there's a non-sexual way of interpreting that but....

Had it's moments(the Trici ride was sort of fun) but a step down from last week for me.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Riddell introduction could and should have been better, Doctor should have boarded the craft first saw that there were Dinosaurs aboard, especially the Raptors , saw that he needed reinforcements and bought in a game hunter to distract the Dinosaurs why he tried to turn the vessel around. .

Nerfiti should have been bought in after the Doctor relies he needed to distract Soloman and his two lovable dumb robotic goons, who will not be winning any gold medals for there shooting.

An Rory and his dad and Amy should have been bought into the episode when he relies he needed a DNA chain to fly vessel, an someone to help Riddell fight off the Raptors.

It would have made for a much tighter episode an one which made much more sense. An it would have given a reason for everyone to be there, with a job to do.

Soloman was a brilliant character, I only wish they went even darker with him, and we actually saw him spacing the Silurian's, why the doctor is sneaking around the craft . I did not mind the hint that he would rape Nefertiti. or how he killed the dinosaur. He a nasty piece of work and I hope we see him again.

Damn Indians still cutting corners in construction in the 24th century, who build missiles without a self destruct code, in the 20th century let along the 24th.

The crew who does the CGI for Doctor who still cant do space scenes or space ships to save there lives, it not hard or expensive to do descent models and texturing jobs for space vessels , they look worst than the stuff they were doing on Babylon 5 15 years ago.
                      They completely and utterly failed to show that the Silurian vessel was the size of Canada.
                      Last edited by knowles2; 09 September 2012, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Dinosaurs On A Spaceship

I wasn't optimistic about this episode. Truthfully, I didn't like it too much much there was a little more substance to the story than the title, but that isn't saying a lot. I found that a lot of noise, CGI and the vivacious score playing over the episode stood in the way of what could have been an interesting episode, but overall it got a little cartoonish. To the episode's credit, Matt's more subdued take on his character has (surprisingly) continued. It was especially surprising to see the Doctor leave David's character to die so coldly, it was very 007. I liked that.

David Bradley gave a wonderful performance as a villain though the script could have provided some more menace for David to chew on given how expertly he handled the material provided. Meanwhile, Queen Nefertiti was annoying and plot filler just like the failed, turgid attempts at humour (the golf balls line comes to mind). Then, we have David Mitchell and Robert Webb, arguably two of Britain's finest contemporary comedians read lines that frankly could have been delivered by any actor with a background in voice over work. Their comedic genius was nowhere near utilised. Overall, unremarkable but hasn't left any scars to speak of, ala Love and Monsters.

2.5 out of 5

In the words of Ian Malcolm...

0.jpg

Comment

Oh lordy

http://www.reddit.com/r/doctorwho/co...rs_actions_in/

Someone felt this episode was controversial........

The bit about the rape was so obvious.... I was actually a little shocked when that line came out. DID NOT EXPECT THAT in Dr Who of all things.

Howcome Neffertiti isn't returned back to her own timeline?

All in all a good episode with fun and a few dark moments too. Amy playing "the Doctor" was cute.

Loved Rory's dad sitting in the TARDIS door watching the Earth while having a cuppa. How bloody cool was that?
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            Um..time machine. She could spend 10 years with Riddell and the Doctor could take off for 300 years on his own timeline, pop back and pick her up at the end of her 10 years, and drop her off back in ancient Egypt 2 minutes after she left.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              Oh lordy

Neffertiti really does disappear from archaeological records around 1370 BC, so her not returning to her own time line fit in with her disappearing from history in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                                Neffertiti really does disappear from archaeological records around 1370 BC, so her not returning to her own time line fit in with her disappearing from history in real life.
                                Spooky.... Maybe there really is a time traveller out there
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X