The Wedding of River Song (3213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
    I wonder if Moffat hangs out in opium dens when he's script writing for the series...

I know many of you liked it. I didn't really. It was too camp. It makes me miss the angsty 10th Doctor days.

But hey there were a few laughs. Live chess. Ha! And the Doctor's attempts at getting Amy and Rory to hook up.

And so we pick up a plot thread that was first introduced back in "Silence in the Library" with the Doctor's 'name'. Whilst it is certainly an intriguing idea, it really has very little 'weight' for me. I mean, so what, we find out his name is 'Bob'... OK, good for you.

I think the show suffers due to it being targeted at kids and families over adults. I can see why Davies decided to introduce an offshoot for an older audience with Torchwood.
    Doctor Who doesn't suffer at all. In fact it THRIVES on being targeted at families. Here's a little history lesson for you - Doctor Who was CREATED for families back in 1963. If it were suffering it wouldn't still be around today and wouldn't be about to celebrate its 50th anniversary in 2013.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

thats definitely true, but, I did find a couple of flaws to the current season, most prominent,was them keeping the Silence shrouded in mystery, that was one of the problems with this episode of DW; it didn't clear up the mystery of the Silence.

Comment

Originally posted by darkhorseD View Post
        thats definitely true, but, I did find a couple of flaws to the current season, most prominent,was them keeping the Silence shrouded in mystery, that was one of the problems with this episode of DW; it didn't clear up the mystery of the Silence.
        "TO BE CONTINUED..." I think that's how the phrase goes.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Was I the only one massively confused?

It was over complicated. I may have been left behind after 'Closing Time' Trying to catch up on what the hell was happening!

When the doctor was revealed to be a *Spoiler*, I nearly lost it.

But i must admit, the CGI was amazing in this episode

Comment

Originally posted by Berrill23 View Post

It was over complicated. I may have been left behind after 'Closing Time' Trying to catch up on what the hell was happening!

What exactly was it that confused you? Maybe I can help.

Comment

Originally posted by Berrill23 View Post

I think a common failing among fans at the moment is trying to overcomplicate things. I admit to doing myself until I learned otherwise. For example - I thought there was some mysterious reason how Rory & River escaped from the Silence at the end of The Impossible Astronaut and we would learn about it later. But now I see that there wasn't a deep dark secret. They just escaped. Simple. I think this is also why children know what is going on & some adults don't. Children cut straight to the chase with no stumbling around looking for whys and wherefores.

So like Alan said, perhaps you could write where you found it complicated & we can help.

Comment

This show hurts my brain...in a good way
                Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

I'm not going to lie, this season has definitely been a favorite for me, so much River!! But this episode capped it off. I'm a little bit late; I just now finished "The Wedding of River Song". It was amazing, and helped me understand so much. I love the almost "star-crossed" love between River and the Doctor, and seeing it come to this AMAZING climax made me smile. I am definitely a fan of River and the Doctor as a couple, and hope *fingers crossed* that we will see even more of it in the upcoming season.
                  PS - If there already has been more in the new season, please, no "SPOILERS"!!!

Comment

Originally posted by skydawn View Post
                    I'm not going to lie, this season has definitely been a favorite for me, so much River!! But this episode capped it off. I'm a little bit late; I just now finished "The Wedding of River Song". It was amazing, and helped me understand so much. I love the almost "star-crossed" love between River and the Doctor, and seeing it come to this AMAZING climax made me smile. I am definitely a fan of River and the Doctor as a couple, and hope *fingers crossed* that we will see even more of it in the upcoming season.
                    PS - If there already has been more in the new season, please, no "SPOILERS"!!!
                    Oh, I like you.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      Oh, I like you.
                      Why, thank you!

Comment

Was it this episode River has the quote "There's only room for one psycopath in the TARDIS" because that quote cracks me up so much..... And it's hard to work out which one she means, her or the Doctor
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          Was it this episode River has the quote "There's only room for one psycopath in the TARDIS" because that quote cracks me up so much..... And it's hard to work out which one she means, her or the Doctor
                          I can't remember if it was used in this episode but it was definitely used (again?) in
                          Spoiler:
                          The Angels Take Manhattan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                            I can't remember if it was used in this episode but it was definitely used (again?) in
                            Spoiler:
                            The Angels Take Manhattan

That's it it was the Angel episode......But the quote cracks me up..... It's hard to decide which one of them is more fitting the title psychopath considering how dark the Doctor has been recently

Comment

Im glad that Im not the only person who adores River. Recent post have just confused me! How can anyone not like River Song?!

Comment

Originally posted by skydawn View Post
                                Im glad that Im not the only person who adores River. Recent post have just confused me! How can anyone not like River Song?!
                                She's not only adorable but sexy

Comment

Working...
                                X