X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    From The TARDIS Index File entry for The Wedding of River Song:
    Spoiler:

A monk carries Dorium's head back to the Seventh Transept. Dorium realises it is the Doctor and demands to know how he escaped. The Doctor tells him: River actually shot the Teselecta, with the Doctor safe inside, waving happily at her. Now that the entire universe believes him dead, it's time for him to step back into the shadows.

As the Doctor leaves, Dorium shouts at him that Fields of Trenzalore and the first question still await him. As the Doctor pauses by the TARDIS, Dorium shouts: "Doctor who? Doctor who? Doctor who?"
    Thank you Alan, that has been very kind of you. Looking forward to the special now
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
      Thank you Alan, that has been very kind of you. Looking forward to the special now
      You're welcome. Happy to help.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
        Can anyone tell me if something more happened or was said afterwards?
        Nothing really... oh, apart from the marginally important, "how they did it" flash-back...

Comment

I think I just figured out one of the lines from the Silence that didnt really make sense.
          When they said to Amy "You will bring the Silence" and "Your part will soon be over".

She did bring the Silence to the Doctor because it was her daughter (River) that killed him, so she effectively brought his silence, because as we learn from TWORS, it is his Silence they are referring to.
          And also, her part will be over because they only needed the flesh Amy till the real Amy had had her baby, so thats why her part would soon be over.

Comment

Well I'm the odd one out and thought most of the last season meh. Bar a few good episodes it was meh.
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              Well I'm the odd one out and thought most of the last season meh. Bar a few good episodes it was meh.
              But you're always the odd one out Coco.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                But you're always the odd one out Coco.
                Gee thanks , I think
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Just one question, a few months on.

On the beach the Doctor specifically mentions that he's 1103. But we know his "normal timeline" self is 908 or so. And we NOW know that 1103 version is in fact the Tesselecta with 908+months controlling it.

For the sake of my poor little brain - was he ever physically 1103 or was it just the Tesselecta talking. If so, why the ruse about the age?

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                    Just one question, a few months on.

On the beach the Doctor specifically mentions that he's 1103. But we know his "normal timeline" self is 908 or so. And we NOW know that 1103 version is in fact the Tesselecta with 908+months controlling it.

For the sake of my poor little brain - was he ever physically 1103 or was it just the Tesselecta talking. If so, why the ruse about the age?
                    No, I think he has aged. Between The God Complex and Closing Time he's done some 195-years of travelling. His "farewell tour".

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

"Rule 1" - The Doctor lies.

At least I hope he was lying about his age there. 200 years of offscreen adventures is just pointless.
                      sigpic
                      Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                        "Rule 1" - The Doctor lies.

At least I hope he was lying about his age there. 200 years of offscreen adventures is just pointless.
                        Nonsense. 200-years of off-screen companion-less adventures for the Doctor opens up a gap that can be filled by stories of any media - novel...audio...comic book...adventure game...fan fiction. Never, ever put a limitation on Doctor Who.

Comment

Book - comics -audio- fanfiction these things get written regardless of whether the tv show 'leaves room for them' or not.
                          sigpic
                          Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                            Nonsense. 200-years of off-screen companion-less adventures for the Doctor opens up a gap that can be filled by stories of any media - novel...audio...comic book...adventure game...fan fiction. Never, ever put a limitation on Doctor Who.
                            For myself, i think he had many of his adventures with River during the 200-year farewell tour.

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                            Book - comics -audio- fanfiction these things get written regardless of whether the tv show 'leaves room for them' or not.
                            True. But if he hadn't run away from his destiny for 200 years, it could very well be he wouldn't have come up with the plan to have the Tessellecta take his place at Lake Silencio. Evading death for 200 years tends to have a profound psychological effect on someone. Those 200 years changed him as a person and affected his coming choices.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                              For myself, i think he had many of his adventures with River during the 200-year farewell tour.
                              Would explain how he knows about Jim the Fish who was still building his dam.

Comment

I wonder if Moffat hangs out in opium dens when he's script writing for the series...

I know many of you liked it. I didn't really. It was too camp. It makes me miss the angsty 10th Doctor days.

But hey there were a few laughs. Live chess. Ha! And the Doctor's attempts at getting Amy and Rory to hook up.

And so we pick up a plot thread that was first introduced back in "Silence in the Library" with the Doctor's 'name'. Whilst it is certainly an intriguing idea, it really has very little 'weight' for me. I mean, so what, we find out his name is 'Bob'... OK, good for you.

I think the show suffers due to it being targeted at kids and families over adults. I can see why Davies decided to introduce an offshoot for an older audience with Torchwood.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X