Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Here's a thought..

What if the Doctor we've been watching all series is a ganger? The real Doctor is in some harness somewhere controlling the whole show.
    Thats... clever... lol
    Nice idea...

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Here's a thought..

What if the Doctor we've been watching all series is a ganger? The real Doctor is in some harness somewhere controlling the whole show.
      Disturbingly obvious. If that's what Moffat has planned, I'll be very dissapointed.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I'm wondering if there is a specific reason that the Doctor wears the long overcoat in some episodes and the tweed jacket in others?
        sigpic
        Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
          I'm wondering if there is a specific reason that the Doctor wears the long overcoat in some episodes and the tweed jacket in others?
          Because he goes some places that are a little bit chillier than others?
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I don't think so. I think it is just a variant look just like the blue suit he wore in his tenth incarnation, the different coloured T-shirts he wore in his ninth incarnation, the burgundy coat and scarf he wore in his fourth incarnation, and the many different velvet jackets and frilly shirts he wore in his third incarnation.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I hope that you are right, I wasn't fond of the thought of one of them being the flesh Doctor.
              sigpic

Comment

I hope that you are right, I wasn't fond of the thought of one of them being the flesh Doctor.
                We can only wait and see. But if we have been watching the Flesh Doctor, then I don't mind because it is still the Doctor controlling him just as Flesh Amy was controlled by Amy.

The worst scare I did have regarding the Doctor's identity was in Let's Kill Hitler. When the Doctor died and River began another regeneration and looking intensely at the Doctor, I began to fear that maybe the Doctor we'd be watching from that point onwards was just going to be River in a new incarnation that looked like the Doctor. I was so relieved that all River did was pass on her life force and her remaining regenerations (however many of those she had) to him.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  Well they do have to come back at some point because the Doctor that left them behind on Earth has to age, invite past versions of Amy and Rory to meet him in Utah, and let them witness his death at the hands of the Astronaut. Whether they will be companions again though is another thing all together.
                  Or future versions. He might have left them at the house they were in at the beginning of the season... waiting to hear from him again...

Comment

I really don't even see how River has any regenerations at all. They always hinted that Time Lords were given regeneration cycles after graduation from the Academy when they actually became Time Lords, as we know from "The Invasion of Time" not all Gallifreyans are Time Lords, that must be earned.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                      Thats... clever... lol
                      Nice idea...
                      Did anyone notice at the beginning of this episode the doctor took a big bite of an apple? Didn't we learn in 11's first episode he hates apples? I'm thinking this is a flesh Doctor.

Comment

I really don't even see how River has any regenerations at all. They always hinted that Time Lords were given regeneration cycles after graduation from the Academy when they actually became Time Lords, as we know from "The Invasion of Time" not all Gallifreyans are Time Lords, that must be earned.
                        It's also stupid that she'd conveniently give up all her regenerations at once. When 10th underwent his first regeneration and put all that energy to his hand, it didn't use up all his regenerations and he used just enough to heal himself. She fully regenerated and healed several gunshot wounds. The problem with this season is it's just better to go for the cool factor and don't try explaining it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          It's also stupid that she'd conveniently give up all her regenerations at once. When 10th underwent his first regeneration and put all that energy to his hand, it didn't use up all his regenerations and he used just enough to heal himself. She fully regenerated and healed several gunshot wounds. The problem with this season is it's just better to go for the cool factor and don't try explaining it.
                          Here's an observation I made.

During the RTD phase of Doctor Who they established rules, and pretty much that there are "fixed points" in time that can't be altered but in Moffat's run the theme seems to be "time can be rewritten"

Make of that whatever you will.
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                            Or future versions. He might have left them at the house they were in at the beginning of the season... waiting to hear from him again...
                            • Amy and Rory part company with the Doctor aged 908 (between A Christmas Carol and The Impossible Astronaut).

• The Doctor (aged 1,103) invites Amy and Rory to Utah and is killed by an Astronaut (The Impossible Astronaut).

• Amy and Rory rejoin the Doctor (aged 909) on-board the TARDIS (The Impossible Astronaut).

• The Doctor leaves Amy and Rory at Demon's Run (A Good Man Goes To War).

• Amy and Rory rejoin the Doctor in a field in Leadworth (Let's Kill Hitler).

• The Doctor leaves Amy and Rory back on Earth. He is travelling alone (The God Complex).

• The Doctor has 194-years worth of adventures between The God Complex and his death in Utah in The Impossible Astronaut.

• The Doctor, now aged 1,103, invites Rory and Amy to meet with him in Utah and he is killed. He has also invited a past version of himself aged 909 and Rory and Amy join him in his travels (The Impossible Astronaut).

Do you not think it is possibly that with the Time War going on, Time Lords would be handing out regeneration cycles to Gallifreyans for their war effort. Hell, even K-9 Mk. I got a regeneration unit installed in him. They resurrected the Master and gave him a new regeneration cycle for the Time War so for River to have a regeneration cycle just because she was conceived within the TARDIS travelling within the space/time vortex isn't too much of a reach to make.

To heal himself, yes. But actually bringing someone back from the dead obviously requires more than just excessive regeneration energy.

As for the "problem" as you call it...explanations don't need to be in your face you know. Just a bit of common sense and some call back to past examples of regeneration as you have done are all that's needed.

Comment

As they explained in the episode, the posion The Doctor had blocked is regenerations. River had to use up all her regenerations to break through the block.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Which is weird, because you would think that doing so would have caused the Doctor to regenerate.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X