Let's Kill Hitler (3208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
    I got the impression (from her comment about making herself a bit younger) that she could control her aging.
    That's right. That's why when she dies in Silence in the Library she looks slightly younger than she does now.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      That's right. That's why when she dies in Silence in the Library she looks slightly younger than she does now.
      i only thought of that today
      People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
        i only thought of that today
        I wonder what that says about me then?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          I wonder what that says about me then?
          That great minds think alike and fools seldom differ?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            That great minds think alike and fools seldom differ?
            I'll buy that.

Comment

I just watched the episode for the first time earlier today. Did anybody catch Colin Firth's cameo? He's Mel's first head teacher, the man she sees when she first starts being a problem child.

Edit: He doesn't have any lines but just gives this hilarious, exasperated look.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                I just watched the episode for the first time earlier today. Did anybody catch Colin Firth's cameo? He's Mel's first head teacher, the man she sees when she first starts being a problem child.

Edit: He doesn't have any lines but just gives this hilarious, exasperated look.
                I've just watched the scene in question, and to be honest, I don't think that's Colin Firth. Unless I'm watching the wrong part.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                  I've just watched the scene in question, and to be honest, I don't think that's Colin Firth.
                  Really? He had the same height and build and one look at his face and I thought it was him. *shrugs* Well, that's the first thing I thought when I saw that teacher.

I'm actually re-watching the episode right now and I think my favorite moments in this episode so far both involve Rory: Rory punches Hitler. He then later yells, "Shut up Hitler!"
                  sigpic

Comment

Well did anyone check the credits to see if it was him?
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I just checked the credits over on the TARDIS Index File wiki, no mention, nothing in trivia either, and I've just checked out the screencaps for the episode in question. Definitely similar, but not him.

Still, Mr Firth has mentioned he'd love to be on the show (as a villain, and to be fair headmasters probably count in that category when you're at school), so I fully expect him to show up in series 7!
                      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I just watched the episode for the second time, with some questions popping up on the second viewing. If the Silence is supposed to be a religious movement, it would make sense that they would infiltrate religious orders like the Headless Monks and their ilk. However, how come the Clerics featured in The Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone were willing to work with the Doctor?

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                        After this, I've given up all expectations they'll ever find Melody as a baby.
                        Very unfortunate but I think you're right. This would be devastating to parents who had their baby stolen from them... to never see their child grow. I suppose their consolation is their adventures with River on the TARDIS.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                          I just watched the episode for the second time, with some questions popping up on the second viewing. If the Silence is supposed to be a religious movement, it would make sense that they would infiltrate religious orders like the Headless Monks and their ilk. However, how come the Clerics featured in The Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone were willing to work with the Doctor?
                          Because presumably at that time, the Doctor has defeated the Silence and the Clerics change allegiances. Don't forget that The Time of Angels takes place *after* A Good Man Goes to War.

Comment

See now heres the thing, I have a therory that the time machine in "The Lodger" traveled somewhere after it vanished at the end of the episode and was found by the scilence.
                            "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Well we know the doctor goes to the planet (that neutral planet the marine spoke about in good men got to war), where someone is given the name River Song because the natives do not have there own word for melody.

I think there still the general assumption that person is still the river song we know and love.

We know the Doctor visited that planet because it the only time anything exciting happen was when the Doctor showed up once. I find it inconceivable that he would visit the planet an not find her. An we know from this point forward, Mel goes by name River Song/

for me this now the biggest question about River Song/Melody time line, as it suggests the doctor will meet her as a baby or as a child. But somehow this will not be there first encounter, and according to the last episode, it will not be where she gets the name Rive Song from either, despite what we were told in Good men go to war.

This is the only part in her time line that does not fit, no matter how I have tried to reconcile lets kill hitler with what we learnt in Good men go to war, the two seem contradictory at the moment.

The only solution I can come up with is either Mel was lieing about this being the first time she met the doctor directly or she had her mind wiped of past events, which makes sense as you do not want your best warrior to have to suffer the scars of defeat after defeat against the doctor.

There is a third possibility that Mel was playing dumb and that the doctor told her the let kill hitler events had to take place and that Mel just played along as to not to muck up her or the doctors timeline.
                              Which could explain why there was no obvious event which undid her programming that took place in Let Kill Hitler, because the doctor already undid it in a previous/future encounter. It would also explain where she got the poison to kill the doctor from the doctor himself.

An I like the idea of the doctor going around and trying to fix seriously muck timeline of River Song.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                                <respectfully snipped>
                                An I like the idea of the doctor going around and trying to fix seriously muck timeline of River Song.
                                I don't think the Doctor's trying to fix River's time line but rather now trying to steer its course so that it follows a route which eventually leads her to the Library so he can meet her for the first time (from his POV) and then go on from there where they eventually end up in the situation they're in right now.

I love time travel.

Comment

Working...
                                X