Let's Kill Hitler (3208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh that was cool..........

Loved the cornfield....... Loved the Tesselecta.......I wonder if they just left it there like that in Germany or whether it left of its own accord? Reminded me of the failed movie "Meet Dave."

Well we learn more of what the Silence is. How River got the diary, and so forth.... I wonder if we'll see more of the Silence again and of EEPL?

But I still have some unanswered things?

What about the Tesselecta? Will it return to its home or is is stuck standing there in Germany, and yes I know minor nitpick but really? Or will it get a new crew?

Also it did bug me a teeeeny tiny bit that they had so much free time in that hall after River caused a commotion. Wouldn't the place be swarming with nazis? And Hitler seriously did he stay in the cupboard? (Yes I know the writers were making a rude metaphor there)

Also the biggest bug for me was the programming of River Song. She does what she's programmed to do but is then freed. But how was she programmed? Just how much time did EEPL have to program a baby? If we take the fact Mels lived with Amy and Rory as her Best Friend they would have had to let the baby go back to Earth to find Amy at some point? So just how long did EEPL have to program her?

EEPL= Evil Eye Patch Lady
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      So just how long did EEPL have to program her?

EEPL= Evil Eye Patch Lady
      Given that the "Impossible Astronaut's" little girl was about nine, that would give them nine years... she mentioned in "Hitler" she regenerated back to a toddler, at which point she had to grow up a little and then get to England to find Rory and Amy.

Since she explicitly says that the New York alley regeneration was the previous one to becoming Alex Kingston, do we have to assume that she visibly ages slower than humans?

Comment

I was on holiday last week when this was on & had to squint at it on a tiny telly. Well I've had chance to watch it properly now and I can't begin to say how much I loved it (but I'll have a go).

I have to admit at the beginning I had a bit of a face on. I didn't like Mels very much & hoped she wouldn't be around very long - as I thought she was too similar to River (my own stupidity amazes me at times ) I should have realised right at the beginning when Mels is looking down at the Doctor in the field & the sun is behind her back so we can't see her face - just like River in The Impossible Astronaut when she shoots off the Doctor's stetson.

Loved seeing young Amy & Rory. Young Rory is just how I imagined him to be.

Loved the timey wimey twist that has Amy & Rory actually bringing up their daughter without realising it.

"That's right Adolf. The British are coming."

"Shut up Hitler." And.... "I'm putting Hitler in the cupboard."

"Shut up Dad. I'm focussing on a dress size."

"Hello Benjamin."

"The teeth, the teeth! Oh look at them! Watch out that bow tie!"

"Oh that's MAGNIFICENT!" I'm going to wear lots of jodhpurs!"

"My bespoke psychopath."

"Well I was on my way to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I suddenly thought - gosh the Third Reich's a bit rubbish."

"Fat lot of good that is, you big ging."

My one tiny gripe (if you can call it that). Why oh why did River have to use up ALL her regerations bringing back the Doctor - because I want River to be around forever and popping up in a regenerated form for years to come.

I would have given this episode 10/10 but that would put it on the same footing as my All Time Favourite, Blink, and I didn't think it was quite that good. So I'm giving it 9.5/10.

Comment

Finally got to see the eppy. It went too fast -- IMO.
          I think the transformation of bad Melody/River into good River between when the Doctor whispered into River's ear just went too fast psychologically for River. If she was programmed to be evil and kill the Doctor, which once her lipstick did the deed, it was essentially over, why would she even *care* to change into someone good? That's the part that could have taken longer to explain.

And the ending just came too soon. *sigh*

Yes, it was interesting watching Amy and Rory basically raising their daughter (in the same age bracket they were in) without knowing it, until Mels regenerated into Melody/River.

Yes, it was nice about how River gave up her remaining regenerations to save the Doctor.. and it was great seeing the Doctor whispering --most probably his name-- into River's ear to keep the continuity of Doctor #10's first encounter with River Song intact.

But there just seemed to be parts of the story that just went by too fast in the transitioning of River's personality into someone good. Why would she care long enough to sit (or stand) and watch the rest of the scenario play out? Plus, there's a ton of back story missing about baby Melody into the little girl in the spacesuit, etc. Snippets left off as just side info and not much more, or stuff waiting for a future eppy like maybe Melody's timeline life possibly being reset into a different direction by some other time interfering creature?

Comment

it was an awesome yet very confusing episode but they left Hitler in the cupboard now what I want to know is if the writers meant to leave him in the cupboard or just completely forgot that they put him in there until they were editing???
            Even With Your Face In The Gutter You Still Had The Hero In Your Heart

Always Hold On To Smallville

Comment

Originally posted by rockstarsister View Post
              it was an awesome yet very confusing episode but they left Hitler in the cupboard now what I want to know is if the writers meant to leave him in the cupboard or just completely forgot that they put him in there until they were editing???
              And did he stay there the entire episode, which makes no sense at all..... And I can suspend disbelief for the sake of a story but all that commotion people screaming running out of the dining hall and no nazis come to investigate...

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                And did he stay there the entire episode, which makes no sense at all..... And I can suspend disbelief for the sake of a story but all that commotion people screaming running out of the dining hall and no nazis come to investigate...
                The room was surrounded by a sound dampening field, produce by the robot. Listening to what the actors says generally help you understand what going on screen occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  The room was surrounded by a sound dampening field, produce by the robot. Listening to what the actors says generally help you understand what going on screen occasionally.
                  I didn't catch that bit.....But surely seeing all those folk running out of the hall must have raised some kind of alarm

Comment

but did they mean to leave him in the cupboard (this has been bugging me since Saturday)
                    Even With Your Face In The Gutter You Still Had The Hero In Your Heart

Always Hold On To Smallville

Comment

It's rather hard to forget a detail that important, so it was probably deliberate. Perhaps there was a later scene that involved Hitler, but was cut due to time constraints.

Comment

Someone would come along and find Hilter eventually. They probably felt it best not to further antagonize him after admitting to being from the London Police.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                          Someone would come along and find Hilter eventually. They probably felt it best not to further antagonize him after admitting to being from the London Police.
                          I would have loved to see that, I mean, mainly his explanation of why he was in there
                          Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

I loved the anti-bodies.

"You will feel a tingling sensation, then DEATH!"

OMG my brother and I keep saying that to eachother.
                            Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                              I loved the anti-bodies.

"You will feel a tingling sensation, then DEATH!"

OMG my brother and I keep saying that to eachother.
                              And they sounded like Tom Baker ....Awesomeness

Comment

To top it off...

River IS the eye patch lady.

ANNNNNND...

The good man she kills is not the Doctor.

Comment

Working...
                                X