No announcement yet.

Let's Kill Hitler (3208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its possible. the justice dudes obviously time travel and they wanted to kill hitler before he got 'bad', so maybe they imprisoned her before she could commit her crime.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      its possible. the justice dudes obviously time travel and they wanted to kill hitler before he got 'bad', so maybe they imprisoned her before she could commit her crime.
      Actually no, they made a mistake, and recognised as much. They were about to leave for later in Hitler's time stream when the Doctor accidentally arrived.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I don't think so, no. They tried to abort the capture of Hitler when they realized that they were too early in his timestream, and even explained that they pluck war criminals out of time at the end of their particular established timelines.

I think the thing with River was not anything to do with crime prevention, but rather the zealousness of war criminal hunters having the biggest prize in history appear right in front of them. Imagine if Hitler or Himmler had survived WW2 and French/German/Israeli war criminal hunters found themselves unexpectedly face-to-face with one of them. They'd leap at the opportunity to capture them, consequences be damned.

edit; DAMN YOU FOB
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          There is a phone number on it too and it looks like an 01632 area code which according to wikipedia is used for TV purposes only.
          The UK's analogue of "555", I presume?
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
            Anyone else think it is possible that River was arrested before murdering the Doctor in a in a "pre-crime" kind of thing? Since those little people time travel and enforce justice?

Not sure I think that's it, but the thought occurred to me.
            I don't believe so as doing that would ultimately change the future. The Justice Department (who run the Teselecta) are more interested in punishing those who go unpunished, which is a surprise considering he [Hitler] killed himself. Makes me wonder what really happens to Hitler since they wanted to "give him hell" so either they killed Hitler (thus becoming part of history) or replaced him and he's being tortured somewhere while they pretended to be Hitler at the time of his death.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            The UK's analogue of "555", I presume?
            Basically yeah, but for the UK it seems to be a lot more thought out as there are fake numbers set aside for a decent amount of cities, cellphones, freephones, premium rate numbers. The fact they used that number would suggest they aren't placing Leadworth anywhere specific, otherwise they could have used a number for the county it's located in.
            Last edited by SaberBlade; 02 September 2011, 01:44 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
              Actually no, they made a mistake, and recognised as much. They were about to leave for later in Hitler's time stream when the Doctor accidentally arrived.
              I thought that was a bit odd. I mean, they go through all of this trouble to infiltrate Hitler's staff (down to the exact skin color and all that ) and yet somehow didn't notice it was the wrong year until the EXACT moment they were confronting Hitler? Not to mention after they'd killed a member of his staff, thus messing with the time-stream...

Comment

I actually thought the episode was going to be about them fighting Hitler at the end of WWII *shrugs* but of course never EVER judge anything by its tittle.

I loved this episode. I love the many instances of off beat humor, like Rory, Amy and The Doctor screaming at Mel's car charging at them, them regretting saving Hitler only to have Rory push him in a closet and Rory beating up the robotic human.

I also liked seeing River's development, why in the end she goes from being urged to kill the Doctor to instead saving his life. Personally the River/Doctor Shipper in me squealed at the part where she used all her regenerations to revive the Doctor, it was just beautiful.

And of course...Matt Smith's performance was brillant as usual!
                BALCONIES
                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Let me just add to your headache: if the new universe was reconstructed from the particles of the timeline experienced by the TARDIS as well as Amy's memories, both of those experienced the cracks. So shouldn't the new universe of Big Bang 2 have the Cracks in it as well?

Does your head hurt yet?
                  I must quote Miles O'Brien: I hate temporal mechanics.

I've given up trying to make sense of whether or not the Cracks still exist or not or whether they happened or not. I just roll with the Doctor's notion that time can be unwritten as well as rewritten. Either that or the whole thing's just hopelessly FUBAR anyway so I don't bother trying to wrap my brain around it.
                  sigpic

Comment

I thin captain Janeway had a couple of better quote.

Time travel. Since my first day on the job as a Starfleet captain I swore I'd never let myself get caught in one of these godforsaken paradoxes - the future is the past, the past is the future, it all gives me a headache.

Or there this one

My advice on making sense of temporal paradoxes is simple: don't even try.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post

Time travel. Since my first day on the job as a Starfleet captain I swore I'd never let myself get caught in one of these godforsaken paradoxes - the future is the past, the past is the future, it all gives me a headache.

Or there this one

I'm waiting for someone to say 'Oh no...not again......'

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post

Or there this one

The problem with that is that Janeway said it, but then gets caught up in a hell of a lot of them during the series.
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Just over 8 hours to go for the show here in Australia

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            Just over 8 hours to go for the show here in Australia
                            And only about 12 here until the next one... this time zones thing isn't the way I imagined it

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                              And only about 12 here until the next one... this time zones thing isn't the way I imagined it
                              Why is that?

What country are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                Why is that?
                                What country are you in?
                                The UK. So "Night Terrors" is on in, now, 5 hours...

[I was being facetious about timezones. In this case you're a week behind, in Doctor Who terms, rather than temporally 12 hours ahead... ]

Comment

Working...
                                X