A Good Man Goes To War (3207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
    speaking of something that annoyed me in the ep, did it annoy any one else when River referred to Rory and Amy as the Doctors best friends? I'm sure that in the second part of End of Time the Doctor refers to Donna as his best mate.
    Maybe it's just me, but I loved their friendship so much, and they seemed much closer than the Doctor does to Amy or Rory.
    It is possible to have more than one best friend. The Doctor referred to Sarah Jane Smith and K-9 as his best friends too.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      It is possible to have more than one best friend. The Doctor referred to Sarah Jane Smith and K-9 as his best friends too.
      Especially when you're pushing 1000 years old, I have differing "best friends" in my life and I'm not even 30.
      sigpic

Comment

I actually enjoyed the episode.
        But although it answered some questions...
        I'm sure it threw out a few more that need answering.
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by hallmjo View Post
          Especially when you're pushing 1000 years old, I have differing "best friends" in my life and I'm not even 30.
          yeah i know that, it just sort of rubbed me a bit, you know? He doesn't seem that close with these two as he has done with other companions. Not just Donna but with Rose, Jack, even Wilf. To label Rory and Amy his best friends? Seems like a very high honour
          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
          "what?"
          *throat punch*
          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Well i thin k he reserves the title for HUmans who hold themselves to the high ethical standards of our race, which only about 35% do these days, there was the guy from the Eccleston year who tried to take tech back with him and the Doctor just dumped him

N.C

Comment

I enjoyed the episode very much but it didn't quite deliver on the "game changing cliffhanger". It was great to finally know who Riversong was, but, as big a reveal as that was, it didn't come as a shock or anything like that. But I accepted it. Though I argue that I have seen the Doctor fall much further and it was far from his darkest hour despite not everything going according to plan. I can't say the cliffhanger left me on the edge of my seat, but I am looking forward to its return. But I expected to have an episode to keep us thinking and speculating while we're on our short break. The only thing we're left wondering is, "ok, how is he going to resolve this one?"

3.5 out of 5

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                Well i thin k he reserves the title for HUmans who hold themselves to the high ethical standards of our race, which only about 35% do these days, there was the guy from the Eccleston year who tried to take tech back with him and the Doctor just dumped him

N.C
                Indeed. As the Doctor said in The Long Game: "I only travel with the best".

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

First off who was blowing things up outside the Cyberman ship when Rory was giving them his ultimatum?

Well we knew Amy's daughter was called Melody Pond...... But yeah that it was River was and was not a whole suprise......But OMG what a fantastic episode..... I'm still in a buzz over it.

Grrr that we have to wait till September here in Australia..... What the frack were the BBC thinking tying this to a yank schedule? I'll go through withdrawal.... I just hope the wrap up to the season isn't a let down and they don't sue some kind of magical reset button..

Is the reason River didn't come earlier the whole nonsense with two people in the same place and same time stuff? I am beginning to wonder if the Doctor that left at th end is actually a ganger? So much of that was done this series....... But would the TARDIS/Sexy let him fly her?

Oh and River isn't much of a weapon she doesn't even try to do anything to the Doctor...... Well yet but I don't know.

And nothing wrong with River and Doctor getting together if she's Amy and Rory's baby there's no bloodline to mess up.

And the army of Clergy follow the teachings of a mainframe? WTF????? Humans following the teachings of a computer. For all they know it's got corrupted programs.

Did like the Sith / lightsaber monks... What The? Hope George Lucas doesn't see that.

And look what I found

http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d34s98j

Tardis Cake.............
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    First off who was blowing things up outside the Cyberman ship when Rory was giving them his ultimatum?
                    The Doctor.

Comment

The Doctor.
                      Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! The Doctor blowing ships up. I wonder how?
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Did like the Sith / lightsaber monks... What The? Hope George Lucas doesn't see that.
                        Stephen Moffat doesn't have to worry about George Lucas.
                        *Engages Geek Mode*

Lightsabers actually appeared in a story in a pulp sci-fi magazine back in the 1930's.

*Disengages Geek Mode*
                        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                        To thy own self... Be true
                        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                          Stephen Moffat doesn't have to worry about George Lucas.
                          *Engages Geek Mode*

Lightsabers actually appeared in a story in a pulp sci-fi magazine back in the 1930's.

*Disengages Geek Mode*
                          Besides, the weapons the Headless Monks wield are clearly power swords from Warhammer 40,000...what?
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

If they were Warships, they'd undoubtedly have lots of bangy things that go bang on-board. The Doctor could have made them blow up or even made the Cybermen blow themselves up using nothing more than a teaspoon and an active imagination. He's the Ka Faraq Gatri. The Bringer of Darkness. The Oncoming Storm.

And he should never be underestimated.

Comment

He probably just waved his screwdriver at them.

I was not impressed with this episode AT ALL!

I think I may not like Dr.Who any more.

The show has just gotten to .... well too STUPID for my taste.

The summer isn't going to be long enough for me.

And I usta love the show so much.
                              I like Sharky
                              sigpic

Comment

And the army of Clergy follow the teachings of a mainframe? WTF????? Humans following the teachings of a computer. For all they know it's got corrupted programs.
                                False prophets, corrupted programs, fragmented hard drives, papal conclaves... by 5145 I'm sure it'll all be the same to the Clerics. Disappointing that they would side against the Doctor but not surprising given Church politics in the past.
                                Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 11 June 2011, 09:27 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X