A Good Man Goes To War (3207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
    Not necessarily. Love is a blinding thing, and sometimes people in love will go to great lengths to forgive the person they're in love in.

Hence why criminal rapists in prison still get married to someone who loves them.

And also, we still don't know the full extent of the circumstances that are around the person River kills. She might have killed somebody in order to save millions of people or to save the entire universe, for example.

Which might explain the weird privileges she gets in that really bad security prison she's in.
    Oh Stormcage.........That's a total joke.....
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Hey might be a stupid question but is there any real reason River could not have arrived earlier and helped or would that have been problematic since the baby was only a ganga?

This flesh stuff is handy seems everyone knows about it..

Also did anyone notice on the Cyberman ship outside the window a formation of stars in the shape of "the crack" from last season.... Hmmmmmmm

Comment

I loved it too....... So Kovarian has a bug up her bum about the Doctor. I wonder what her back story is and why she's so peed off at the Doctor?

I love the whole kidnap the baby make a weapon out of her and the baby is River Song.... Not much of a weapon... So I think her, the clerics and the Silence were behind the Pandorica and when that plan failed this was plan B.

But had their plan worked they wouldn't have been around to whinge about the Doctor..... So it's moot really.......

Also did anyone notice ?

A) Amy's room wa a redress of one of the Whtehouse sets

B) On the cyber spaceship outside the windows a formations of stars in the same shape as "the crack" from last year.... It's more then a coincidenc..

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          I love the whole kidnap the baby make a weapon out of her and the baby is River Song.... Not much of a weapon...
          Considering she made a Dalek beg for mercy, I think she is probably more of a weapon than we have yet to see. The Doctor hasn't gotten a reaction like that from them, other than making them scared.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
            Considering she made a Dalek beg for mercy, I think she is probably more of a weapon than we have yet to see. The Doctor hasn't gotten a reaction like that from them, other than making them scared.
            OK fair enough....But when does she goe "weapons hot" against the Doctor that's what I want to see if she's such a weapon. I have to admit I wonder what info that Dalek found in the databanks when she said "look me up?"

Comment

So in the episode we were supposed to watch the monitors and the corridors. Did anyone actually see anything?

I watched it again last night and I did not see anything. Even when they had the close-up of River's DNA sequence, there was nothing on the screen out of the ordinary.

there was a constant diagram up of one section of the base that looked a lot like the Millennium Falcon, but that was it. I was expecting to see Silents looking around once in a while or something creepy. The corridors looked kinda like the ones from the Tardis we saw in the junk planet episode, but that was about it. Even then, they were different, the floors were lit with orange lights, the Tardis corridors were primarily white.

The thing that did pop to mind was that these marines were the same cleric marines that the Doc and River teamed up with to defeat the Weeping Angels. That is also the first time the Doctor learns that River "kills a good man". So they are at war with the Doctor, then suddenly they are not?

Later, we know that the Doctor sees River, a lot. Then in this episode we know the Doctor picks up and drops off River at the Stormcage. So if they are following their proper timeline then River has already killed the "good man" and the Doctor is still around.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng View Post
                So in the episode we were supposed to watch the monitors and the corridors. Did anyone actually see anything?

I watched it again last night and I did not see anything. Even when they had the close-up of River's DNA sequence, there was nothing on the screen out of the ordinary.

there was a constant diagram up of one section of the base that looked a lot like the Millennium Falcon, but that was it. I was expecting to see Silents looking around once in a while or something creepy. The corridors looked kinda like the ones from the Tardis we saw in the junk planet episode, but that was about it. Even then, they were different, the floors were lit with orange lights, the Tardis corridors were primarily white.

The thing that did pop to mind was that these marines were the same cleric marines that the Doc and River teamed up with to defeat the Weeping Angels. That is also the first time the Doctor learns that River "kills a good man". So they are at war with the Doctor, then suddenly they are not?

Later, we know that the Doctor sees River, a lot. Then in this episode we know the Doctor picks up and drops off River at the Stormcage. So if they are following their proper timeline then River has already killed the "good man" and the Doctor is still around.
                I too was looking out for corridors and monitors that looked out of the ordinary, and couldnt find anything...
                I really dont think its the Doctor that River kills...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                  I too was looking out for corridors and monitors that looked out of the ordinary, and couldnt find anything...
                  I really dont think its the Doctor that River kills...
                  Then it must be Rory as he's the only other male around IMHO. So where does the weapon part in her come to be?
                  Last edited by Coco Pops; 15 June 2011, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Then it must be Rory as he's the only other mail around IMHO
                    Or not, it may just be a character we havent been introduced to yet. Why does it have to be a long-term character? Too obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarius View Post
                      Or not, it may just be a character we havent been introduced to yet. Why does it have to be a long-term character? Too obvious.
                      True.... Could even be Captain Runaway..

Comment

Something really confuses me, actually, about the Doctor in this Episode.

9 said that the thought of the Doctor doing something without a plan was terrifying, even for Daleks.
                        10 scared off the Vashta Nerada with his name and even had his weapon-status explained and expositioned to death when fighting Davros again.
                        11 even used his fearsome reputation and abilities not only to scare off the Atraxi, but also to, he thought, hold off thousands of battleships of every enemy he ever fought ever, including Daleks.

So why the hell is he NOW so shocked and scared and repulsed by the thought of him being known as a weapon, whereas multiple times over the past few regenerations, even his current one, he flaunted his weapon-status in the faces of people he didn't like. He even regularly, since episode 1, held himself as better than others at times and as a truly terrifying person, even to his companions ("Don't try to play games with me, don't you ever think you're capable of doing that" was the direct quote, I believe).

So, again,why the hell is he so amazed by this outcome?

Comment

Originally posted by jameshawking View Post
                          Something really confuses me, actually, about the Doctor in this Episode.

9 said that the thought of the Doctor doing something without a plan was terrifying, even for Daleks.
                          10 scared off the Vashta Nerada with his name and even had his weapon-status explained and expositioned to death when fighting Davros again.
                          11 even used his fearsome reputation and abilities not only to scare off the Atraxi, but also to, he thought, hold off thousands of battleships of every enemy he ever fought ever, including Daleks.

So why the hell is he NOW so shocked and scared and repulsed by the thought of him being known as a weapon, whereas multiple times over the past few regenerations, even his current one, he flaunted his weapon-status in the faces of people he didn't like. He even regularly, since episode 1, held himself as better than others at times and as a truly terrifying person, even to his companions ("Don't try to play games with me, don't you ever think you're capable of doing that" was the direct quote, I believe).

So, again,why the hell is he so amazed by this outcome?
                          Possibly because although he is aware of his power, he wasn't necessarily aware of the consequences - like the word Doctor meaning mighty warrior to at least one group of people. He perhaps hadn't considered that his fearsome, legendary reputation was not just a powerful tool at his disposal, but was having a deleterious effect on entire societies. Maybe he was dimly aware of it, but hadn't had to confront it head on and realise that what he is doing and merely what he is might be more harmful in the long run than many of the enemies he fights.

Besides, the Doctor is a little bit arrogant and occasionally blind to the bleedin' obvious!

From a dramatic point of view, I think they are gearing up to undo the Doctor's rep since it is getting to the point where he basically just lands, pokes his head out of the TARDIS, casually mentions his name to both sides and dematerialises again while they wet themselves and immediately sign treaties promising to do nothing remotely offensive to the other side up to and including mild swearing...
                          Last edited by Sealurk; 17 June 2011, 12:51 PM.
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                            Possibly because although he is aware of his power, he wasn't necessarily aware of the consequences - like the word Doctor meaning mighty warrior to at least one group of people. He perhaps hadn't considered that his fearsome, legendary reputation was not just a powerful tool at his disposal, but was having a deleterious effect on entire societies. Maybe he was dimly aware of it, but hadn't had to confront it head on and realise that what he is doing and merely what he is might be more harmful in the long run than many of the enemies he fights.

Besides, the Doctor is a little bit arrogant and occasionally blind to the bleedin' obvious!

From a dramatic point of view, I think they are gearing up to undo the Doctor's rep since it is getting to the point where he basically just lands, pokes his head out of the TARDIS, casually mentions his name to both sides and dematerialises again while they wet themselves and immediately sign treaties promising to do nothing remotely offensive to the other side up to and including mild swearing...

And what will that turn him into "Doctor Wimp"

I don't like this path.........He's always been a legendary figure and even feared in the old series why undo that?

I get what you are saying but don't have to like it.

Comment

And what will that turn him into "Doctor Wimp"

I don't like this path.........He's always been a legendary figure and even feared in the old series why undo that?

I get what you are saying but don't have to like it.
                              Probably because if he continues down this path, it makes things far too simple for him. The way he's going, he'll eventually be able to simply sidle up to the monster of the week and casually say while pointing to himself "Uh, Doctor?" and smile as it runs (glides/teleports/slithers) off shrieking.

By removing his reputation as a tool, he has to think more, he has to find far more novel solutions to the problems and he cannot simply defeat every enemy through his mere presence. At a guess, anyway.
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I think "Doctor Wimp" is better than winning every single battle with no way to lose in sight.

Comment

Working...
                                X