Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, nice vid

At Lahela:
    How would they have switched her in the bathroom scene?
    We saw her go in, and out, although they did use their force of suggestion to make her go to the bathroom, they wouldnt have made her go there for nothing...
    Thats even if it was the Silence who made the switch...
    Spoiler:
    Next weeks episode doesnt look like it features the Silence, isnt really clear who the big bad is for next week...

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
      The episode was so so. Liked it when the gänger(!) doctor had the voice of Tom Baker for one short moment but the last five minutes were really the most interesting. I was satisfied that my theory regarding both the woman with the eyepatch and Amelia played out exatly how I thought. It wasn't really a surprise moment for me. More like "Aha - thought as much" moment which was equally nice.

Spoiler:
      BTW I do not think we have EVER seen the real Amelia through the whole series. I actually think that the Amelia from "The Impossible Astronaut" was already a Gänger. Why? Because she saw the lady with the eyepatch WHILE she was in the orphanage and before we saw her being captured and even then the woman was talking to someone else and saying "No I think she is just dreaming", it was also that little window like the piece of wall in the last two parter, which means that Amy was already in that tube like chamber! It might be very well, that Amy was stolen even before the "Impossible Astronaut" and everything we have seen so far have either been dreams of an Amy who was kept in stasis or something while her child grew inside of her or she is was linked to the Gänger who had all those adventures including the one with the Silence. If that is true, then it would be a pretty fantastic twist and mind game played by Steven Moffat. Also why were Rory and Amy at home when we saw them in the first episode. The last time we have seen them , they were travelling with the doctor, so we know some time has elapsed and Amy might very well have been kidnapped in one of those adventures in between.

Just a thought.
      Next weeks episode looks epic but it sucks that it will be again a cliffhanger and that we will have to wait half a year for the series to continue .
      Half a year? Are you in America? Because in Britain I'm pretty sure it's back in about three or four months.
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
        Few plot points in the episodes that didn't quite add up to me.

Spoiler:

1) If Amy was a ganger being remotely controlled from when/wherever she is right now, why didn't she become a self-aware one like the others during the solar storm?

2) Was there just randomly a second sonic screwdriver that the doctors were tossing around? It seems like a burdensome thing to carry 2 of, given how much bigger it looks than the last.

3) If the energy from the TARDIS stabilized the to people, why could ganger amy melt away?

4) Real doctor needs to ask for new shoes, but ganger doctor finds identical outfit?
        In regards to the screwdriver then it's quite possible that the TARDIS just made him a new one for him. It doesn't seem to take long for the Doctor to use up his screwdrivers so the TARDIS might even have spares.

Also the energy from the TARDIS did stabalise them but who's to say that the effect wasn't directed at Amy.

Finall as for the outfit, as was explained in the first episode, the flesh duplicates clothing as well.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Better than last week, I liked the two doctors that was fun. I found it strange that the actions of the gangers were understandible as they were scared being humans yet shouldn't the same go for the actions of the humans towards the gangers.

Comment

Just a thought but could the sonic signal blocking be an area block or a directed block?

What if Rory is also a ganger but the Doctor needs him around for a while longer so tells him forcefully get move away?

Comment

Originally posted by PMN1 View Post
              Just a thought but could the sonic signal blocking be an area block or a directed block?

What if Rory is also a ganger but the Doctor needs him around for a while longer so tells him forcefully get move away?
              If Ganger Doctor's use of the Sonic is anything to go by, it's definitely an area block. I don't think Rory is made of Flesh though, I think the Doctor told him to get back because he wasn't entirely sure what was going to happen (and having seen Jen's Elastipunch in the previous episode, not to mention her monstrous form in this one, it's possibly not an unreasonable order) - especially since the Doctor specifically says the Flesh seen in this two parter was it in the early days. Who knows what the newer, presumably more advanced stuff is capable of?
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

interesting, so the tardis was detecting a baby but also not in the ganger amy. the flesh story was boring apart from the last 2minutes
                sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this second part compared to the first one. I heard 4 and 10's voice I think in the beginning! Love that! And that ending! Big surprise that slapped me in the face! I had no idea the Doctor's switched places either.

Comment

Better than last weeks episode, I will say the episode ended strong.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                      interesting, so the tardis was detecting a baby but also not in the ganger amy. the flesh story was boring apart from the last 2minutes
                      Well it has been said the TARDIS is telepathic, if not, it must have other receptors by which to know its inhabitants, maybe Amy's subconcious was bleeding through from her real body and screaming she was pregnant whilst conscious ganger Amy was trying to say she wasnt. A little psychic interference there i think.

N.C

Comment

The last scene gave the general impression that Amy didn't realise she was pregnant or anywhere other than with the Doctor, it was only when he disconnected the link that she woke up in the room and realised where she was, Matrix style.

I'm finding DW is much more adult orientated in it's stories this year, anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                          The last scene gave the general impression that Amy didn't realise she was pregnant or anywhere other than with the Doctor, it was only when he disconnected the link that she woke up in the room and realised where she was, Matrix style.

I'm finding DW is much more adult orientated in it's stories this year, anybody else?
                          It definitely seems darker and less cheesy.. which can only be a good thing

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post

I dare say it can't be described as a kid show any more. But that's what makes it much better. Doctor Who is always much better whne it goes dark and this is the darkest it's ever been.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Its about time, i was actually getting sick Tennants perpetuated "were in danger" only to be followed 45 minutes later by "now we arent"

N.C

Comment

I was just getting sick of Tennant . And to me, Doctor Who stopped being exclusively a kid's show quite some time ago. Maybe 'family' show describes it better, since it has such broad appeal.
                                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                                X