Day of the Moon (3202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    One other question I need answering that I forgot to list in my original posting on this episodes thread...Just who was that woman with the eye patch at the children's home?
    Indeed. That was strange. It wasn't a normal eye patch and what she said to the effect of "she's just dreaming" just made her creepy It doesn't seem to be connected to The Silence since no one else was made to hallucinate, if she was in fact a hallucination.. It could have been a Time Window (invented by PH) and she was looking back into the past? The eye patch seemed to be some kind of future tech.. or at least a shiny thing ..Not normal eye patch material at all. And the way the Time Window just completely disappeared from the door I expect this is something that will be revealed later on.. or at least I hope it will be..

Comment

Something to note:

the kid was entirely accustomed to, and not surprised by, regenerating. She actually came to expect it, as well as realize it was abnormal.

So...I'd love to know how she'd know that WITHOUT previously either regenerating or being told about it. Frankly: I'm of the opinion that she's known about regenerations quite a while, and probably gone through some of them.

Or she has/had a Dalek/Time Lord raise her, partially.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
        Indeed. That was strange. It wasn't a normal eye patch and what she said to the effect of "she's just dreaming" just made her creepy It doesn't seem to be connected to The Silence since no one else was made to hallucinate, if she was in fact a hallucination.. It could have been a Time Window (invented by PH) and she was looking back into the past? The eye patch seemed to be some kind of future tech.. or at least a shiny thing ..Not normal eye patch material at all. And the way the Time Window just completely disappeared from the door I expect this is something that will be revealed later on.. or at least I hope it will be..
        At the moment its just creepy randomness and, at this moment at least, seems to have no place in the scheme of the opening 2-part story...but in the grand, grand, GRAND scheme of Steven Moffat's grand, grand, GRAND plan for Doctor Who I'm sure it will all come together in the end.

I'm sure we're all intrigued and excited at what is to come...but I expect that's going to build ELEVEN fold when we have the mid-series break which, apparently, is going to leave us with a cliffhanger and, I'm sure, even more questions we want the answers to and Mr. Moffat, mad genius and driving force behind Doctor Who, is gonna deliver.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
          Lots of speculation

Has anybody considered that the little girl may be...

Spoiler:

One of the Doctor's first companions - his Grand-daughter, Susan, who stayed on Earth in the Sixties as I recall? I don't think there was anything ever canonically to unequivocally state that she wasn't a Time Lady although I admit I could be mistaken.

Or perhaps, it's her daughter?

It was the 2060s though wasn't it? Or possibly the 2160s, the date of that story was retconned a lot.

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          [spoiler]
          Spoiler:

The Doctor's granddaughter wasn't a Time Lady, she was just a regular Gallifreyan. So her children would also be Galifrayan (in part if she had kids with a human).
          That was from the EU novels, the canonical status of what is quite dubious since New Who arrived

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
            That was from the EU novels, the canonical status of what is quite dubious since New Who arrived
            I don't think that's right. Her relationship to the Doctor during the series was established from episode it. I think it was later they tried to retcon it behind the scenes and then used books to contradict the series. New Who has yet to explore it, but he has mentioned having lost his family so she could still count.

sigpic

Comment

One other question I need answering that I forgot to list in my original posting on this episodes thread...Just who was that woman with the eye patch at the children's home?
              That was so random I kept doubting what I actually saw. Seriously. I thought I was crazy for a moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd
                That was so random I kept doubting what I actually saw. Seriously. I thought I was crazy for a moment.
                Can't wait to see where that piece of the jigsaw fits in.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

I'm sure we're all intrigued and excited at what is to come...but I expect that's going to build ELEVEN fold when we have the mid-series break which, apparently, is going to leave us with a cliffhanger
                  D-: I barely made it through that week between Astronaut and Moon. I am not looking forward to this mid-season break.

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
                    D-: I barely made it through that week between Astronaut and Moon. I am not looking forward to this mid-season break.
                    I barely make it through any length of time without new eps of Doctor Who but fans did it for years between 1989 and 1996 and then 1996 and 2005. Those dark periods were filled with books, audios, and comics, and VHS releases of stories featuring the first 8 Doctors. The dark gap between both halfs of Season 32 will be a cinch by comparison for some fans. Luckily Series 4 of Torchwood begins in July which is timed quite nicely because that's supposed to be when this mid-season break occurs for Doctor Who. Episodes of Torchwood and my new Doctor Who novels will keep me occupied until Season 32 resumes again. I'm covered...just.

Comment

I just finished watching this...wow. Just wow. That was so good, but so creepy! I really wanna know who that girl is now...

Edit: Any possibility of her being
                      Spoiler:
                      River and the Doctor's daughter from the future?

Hmm....nah. That doesn't sound right. Guess we'll find out eventually.
                      Last edited by WingedPegasus; 01 May 2011, 10:54 PM.
                      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Episodes of Torchwood and my new Doctor Who novels will keep me occupied until Season 32 resumes again.
                        I tried one of the new novels once and it seemed very much a children's book. There were some nice moments but on the whole it wasn't a satisfying read. Are there some better ones out there?

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          I don't think that's right. Her relationship to the Doctor during the series was established from episode it. I think it was later they tried to retcon it behind the scenes and then used books to contradict the series. New Who has yet to explore it, but he has mentioned having lost his family so she could still count.
                          No, I mean she was definitely the Doctor's grand daughter. I was pointing out that all the stuff about how being a Gallifreyan and not a Time Lady or that there even was a difference between a Gallifreyan and a Time Lady is of dubious cannon.

Given how quickly it happened, I thought it was River Song. Apparently it was a different actress, but anyone else think she looked like a younger River?

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
                            I tried one of the new novels once and it seemed very much a children's book. There were some nice moments but on the whole it wasn't a satisfying read. Are there some better ones out there?
                            All I can suggest is keep reading all of them. It might just have been that author's style that seemed childish.

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                            Given how quickly it happened, I thought it was River Song. Apparently it was a different actress, but anyone else think she looked like a younger River?
                            Definitely a different actress and I thought a slightly older one too. Given that River dies looking pretty much how she looks now I don't think its her. She's not going to get to grow that little bit older.

Comment

More questions came to me last night. Still thinking about this ep after days! Shows that it was just epic.

Q1) Where was the future Doctor's TARDIS? He just had a car in the desert.
                              Q2) Since the Lodger machine is suggested to be abandoned after this episode, that also suggests that the Silence in this two parter were the past versions of the Silence mentioned in series 5? Have they yet to destroy the TARDIS and crack open the universe?
                              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                                More questions came to me last night. Still thinking about this ep after days! Shows that it was just epic.

Q1) Where was the future Doctor's TARDIS? He just had a car in the desert.
                                Maybe the car was the Doctor's TARDIS? Maybe future Doctor managed to get the Chameleon Circuit working?

Q2) Since the Lodger machine is suggested to be abandoned after this episode, that also suggests that the Silence in this two parter were the past versions of the Silence mentioned in series 5? Have they yet to destroy the TARDIS and crack open the universe?
                                Those are good questions, but I truly do not have a clue. Something else that might need to be addressed in the stories to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X