No announcement yet.

Day of the Moon (3202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing the little girl is either Amy's and Rory's, or River's, or River herself perhaps. Or it might even be Amy's daugher River (anyone notice how River said she hoped her Old Man didn't see that? Old Man being a phrase that can either mean husband or dad - misdirection as to whether she's talking about the Doctor or someone else, but it was Rory that was there watching....)

But I have a strong feeling she's not the Doctor's. The regeneration ability doesn't need to be inherited, it might be a side effect from being born or conceived in the Tardis. It could be a passive side effect or a deliberate gift from the Tardis, which used to be treated almost as a character in the RTD era and which might well decide to be the baby's fairy godmother.

The mystery then becomes: how did she come to be abandoned in America in the '60s?

Madeleine

Comment

Jus read from the BBC website
      Mild spoiler

Spoiler:
      The lady that Amy saw in the door, with the eye patch
      We will be seeing her again... Dunno when though

Who do we think she is?
      Last edited by Teddybrown; 01 May 2011, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
        maybe river shoots the doctor since "she killed the best man she ever known????
        That doesnt neccersarily mean The Doctor. River is already in prison when summoned to Utah to witness The Doctor's death.

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        Jus read from the BBC website
        Mild spoiler

Spoiler:
        The lady that Amy saw in the door, with the eye patch
        We will be seeing her again... Dunno when though
        Yeah I've read some spoilers about her...mainly just her name though.

Comment

Just looked on wikipedia, apparently there was a 3million viewer drop for episode 2
          That cant be right???

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            Just looked on wikipedia, apparently there was a 3million viewer drop for episode 2
            That cant be right???
            First of all...Trust NOTHING from Wikipedia.

The Impossible Astronaut's final ratings were 8.86 million with an 88 Appreciation Index. Day of the Moon's ratings at the moment stand at 5.7 million but will more than likely go up towards the end of the week.

All rating news here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/04...overnight.html

And here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/04...astronaut.html

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

LOL. I just posted those on the News thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                I had to look it up as I've not heard that before. I can only find the reference to Merlin aging backwards in T H White's The Once and Future King. Unless someone knows of another source.
                Its also mentioned in the Star Trek book, 'Strangers from the Sky'.

Comment

LOL. I just posted those on the News thread.
                  LOL Coincidence...or Time Lord mental powers?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                    LOL Coincidence...or Time Lord mental powers?
                    *cue Twilight Zone music*

By the way has anyone mentioned the "zero balanced dwarf star alloy" that the Doctor's prison is being built from in Area 51. Is that linked to Romana & E-space somehow? (Warrior's Gate)

Comment

*cue Twilight Zone music*
                      *cue "Flavia's Theme" music*

By the way has anyone mentioned the "zero balanced dwarf star alloy" that the Doctor's prison is being built from in Area 51. Is that linked to Romana & E-space somehow? (Warrior's Gate)
                      I don't believe it has been mentioned before...but yes, it had its origins in Warriors' Gate and was being used to contain the Time Sensitive species the Tharils...and is obviously effective against Time Lords too. Maybe, like the lone Dalek that found its way to Earth in 1963 after the Last Great Time War, some of the Alloy found its way to Earth too. An Alloy like that would undoubtedly be useful for the Daleks to keep Time Lord Prisoners Of War.

Comment

Lots of speculation

Has anybody considered that the little girl may be...

Spoiler:

One of the Doctor's first companions - his Grand-daughter, Susan, who stayed on Earth in the Sixties as I recall? I don't think there was anything ever canonically to unequivocally state that she wasn't a Time Lady although I admit I could be mistaken.

Or perhaps, it's her daughter?

sigpic
                        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                          But it will all straighten itself out as the series progresses. I say let it get more confused. Its gonna make the answer as to who River Song is all the much more of a bigger revelation.
                          Totally agree, going to be a wild ride
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                            Lots of speculation

Spoiler:

One of the Doctor's first companions - his Grand-daughter, Susan, who stayed on Earth in the Sixties as I recall? I don't think there was anything ever canonically to unequivocally state that she wasn't a Time Lady although I admit I could be mistaken.

She might be someone familiar to The Doctor but that doesn't have to mean someone from his past. He didn't recognise her so if she is Timelord(lady) then he should have been able to sense that about her in the same way the Tenth Doctor said he would be able to sense other Timelords if they were still around. Unless that has conveniently been forgotten about..

Personally I want the girl to be someone new.. and not an old character starting their run of being revived over and over like the Daleks, the Cybermen and The Master..

And making the girl Amy's daughter just seems too obvious, after all the build up of Amy being pregnant or not.. and the pictures of her with a baby and the TARDIS scanning her. It just answers too many questions too soon. Yes, Amy is pregnant and the girl is her daughter.. it's too soon in the series for such definite answers.. especially ones that can be guessed so easily from what will most likely be foreshadowing for the mid-season cliffhanger.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Personally I thought the entire episode was pointlessly unnecessary. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but it did nothing for me. Arc based stories can be good, but I'm getting the feeling I am starting to watch Lost.

I want to pick everything in the episode apart, even the bit with the awesome regeneration at the end. I loved it, but makes no sense. I feel like Moffat is trying to build up something big, so I am willing to look past it for now. Without considering the larger ramifications of the episode, I liked it. Loved how Neil Armstrong on the moon was used as a post hypnotic suggestion to kill at the Silence and not even remember doing it.

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                              Lots of speculation

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                              The problem with determining the identity of the girl is mainly the fact she regenerates.

The Doctor's granddaughter wasn't a Time Lady, she was just a regular Gallifreyan. So her children would also be Galifrayan (in part if she had kids with a human). Even if the Doctor himself was the father, he wouldn't pass on regenerations to the child. It's why Jenny didn't regenerate (she was just revived by terraforming process) and why the metacrisis Doctor also wouldn't regenerate (as well as being half human).

It's the leader of the Time Lords who give out regenerations and new regenerations when the original 12 are used. I would have considered her Amy's child based on the photo. The regeneration showing she's a Time Lady could make her the Doctor's daughter and Amy just raised her, as half human/half Time Lord's are supposed to be impossible unless Moffat wants to rewrite previously established facts.

sigpic

Comment

One other question I need answering that I forgot to list in my original posting on this episodes thread...Just who was that woman with the eye patch at the children's home?

Comment

Working...
                                X