• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00gnx68
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00gnx5k

Trailers
    Looks like we are having a break from the major storyline
    But there could be underlying clues in these episodes...

Comment

So, watched it again and finally took (most of) it all in. My thoughts, as they come to me:
      • Rory just gets better and better as a companion, and the 'stupid face' thing was quite nicely handled. It's also good to see him become increasingly supportive of and comfortable with the Doctor after his original (and somewhat understandable) antagonistic and cautious attitude towards him.
      • River is increasingly awesome, and ably demonstrates how bad ass she actually is, while the end scene with the Doctor is at once predictable and yet genuinely a little sad, although I don't think her relationship with the Doctor is quite as simple as each of them moving backwards through the other's life.
      • The little girl regenerating...that was unexpected and a real jaw-on-the-floor moment. Can't wait to see how that pays off. Can't decide if she is full or part Time Lord or if the regeneration is something else entirely. Somehow I suspect her ability to regenerate is tied to Old Eleven's death and maybe River's statement that there are empires that would tear the world apart just for a single cell of his being. Part of me wonders if Moffat is so good at planning ahead that she actually has something to do with the Doctor coming to the end of his regeneration cycle...
      • The TARDIS on the side of the building with the doors open to the swimming pool was a great touch. It's nice to see Moffat can preserve a sense of wonder regarding this ancient, alien, advanced machine and still come up with new abilities for it.
      • Schrodinger's Pregnancy? Interesting development.
      • Mark Sheppard was great to watch and his odd turn to the dark side had me a little intrigued. The 'joke' about his character's marriage fell flat though, because New Who as a series is so open minded it was obvious. So much so that it didn't occur to me that the problem Canton alluded to might be that it would have been a mixed race marriage complete with all the problems that would bring in Sixties America.
      • Moffat is clearly a fan of the long game when it comes to seeding hints for arcs, and I absolutely love this about his writing. I also love how he manages to combine humour and horror, often in the same sentence, without it feeling remotely jarring.

Or, in other words: absolutely brilliant episode.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

1. OK, being stuck in 1969 for three months would be less than ideal, presume Canton was under pressure from elsewhere to pull those stunts.

2. Very nice stunt from the Dr.

3. That wasn't the US national anthem, that was "Hail to the Chief".

4. I doubt we've heard the last of the Silence, just that humanity is going to be hammering them pretty regularly.

5. The kid is clearly a timelord though hell if I know how it came to be.

Solid stuff.
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Just finished watching on iplayer the last two episodes have been some of the best scifi television i have ever seen . The Silence were like somthing out of a bad trip

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
            4. I doubt we've heard the last of the Silence, just that humanity is going to be hammering them pretty regularly.

Solid stuff.
            Well, at least one is still alive to see the Doctor getting shot.

Comment

Originally posted by PMN1 View Post
              Well, at least one is still alive to see the Doctor getting shot.
              One always gets away... lol
              Their prominence across the world has probably decreased, but I reckon more than one survived...
              We will have to wait and see.

Comment

I give up trying to second guess the Moff!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                  I give up trying to second guess the Moff!
                  I just do it for fun now lol. I know my wild and wacky theories will probably be wrong...

Comment

One liiiiiitle bitty thing that bugged me.... The bit at the end was "6 Months Later", right? The Moon landing was in late July 1969. So 6 months later would be late January--and there wasn't a flake of snow to be seen in that scene.

Other than that though, another thoroughly awesomeness episode. Tons of things addressed with a whole bunch more questions raised Can't wait for more!!
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                      That may actually have just become my all time favourite Who episode. I knew Moffat was a writing genius, but...
                      Well, he's done this non linear thing before with Coupling...but only on an episode basis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Couplin...K_TV_series%29

An absoulutely hilarious series.

Comment

Originally posted by PMN1 View Post
                        Well, he's done this non linear thing before with Coupling...but only on an episode basis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Couplin...K_TV_series%29

An absoulutely hilarious series.
                        Yep, I remember it fondly (if somewhat vaguely). I think I may have the boxset gathering dust somewhere...
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                          I can't even begin to say what I loved about that episode. Absolutely amazing!! Questions answered and still more to intrigue.

I LOVE Doctor Who. *happy sigh*
                          Exaclty how i feel.

this episode was amazing simply amazing.
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I won't rehash the questions still remaining, I'll just say I CAN'T WAIT for part 3!
                            sigpic

Comment

awesome episode--well done to everyone involved.

i don't know why people are referring to C3 outting himself as a joke that fell flat. I didn't think it was a joke in the first place. I don't think it was meant for laughs, it was just a piece of character history, letting us know that there is more to this man than what we've seen on screen. I guessed that he was gay in the first ep, but another friend of mine guessed the african american thing. so yeah, I don't think they were trying for laughs and it bombed.

i didn't see the regen at the end coming. so trippy. i wonder if she will just regen and fix herself like Genny (Jenny) or change how she looks completly. If she can change like the doctor, then could we have seen her before and not known?...

I really wanted C3 to follow them into the TARDIS and become a companion. he is so awesome, mark a sheppard is one of my favourite actors in the world. I wonder if he and the doctor will meet up again or if he got more info in his letter (he knew to bring the oil, he said that it's the real doctor (i wonder if the doctor told him to say that ))

anyhoo, excellent ep. I'm loving reading everyone's theories here.
                              "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                              "what?"
                              *throat punch*
                              My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                              LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Assuming the theory that river is amy's daughter maybe that's why the doctor was acting odd during the kiss maybe (being timelord) he noticed something similar to amy's kiss from series 5?

granted i'm all confused right but i thought i'd throw it out there.
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X