No announcement yet.

Day of the Moon (3202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think she (the girl) is something different, somehow she is connected with Amy, the Doctor and the Silence...funny how nobody can remember?

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
    I think she was just sad because the Doctor (from her perspective) keeps getting younger and knowing her less--and consequently, knowing less about them--each time they meet. It's probably sort like living with someone with alzheimers, in the sense that you know them well but someday you know they won't recognize you.
    I'm thinking she knew that moment marked a shift to where going forward in her life she'll see him less and going forward in his he'll see her more.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Another thought, since I'm watching this right now....

In order to catch River with the TARDIS' swimming pool, wouldn't she have had to fall horizontally through the control room?

Brings a funny image to my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
        It was as if River knew something that should have happened but hadnt, like Amy not knowing the Daleks in S5.
        She knew that the Doctor should've given her a goodbye kiss, but it didn't even occur to him

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post

Brings a funny image to my mind.
          Too bad she wasn't screaming, that would've made some awesome Doppler effect.
          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

I have to throw in a few of my thoughts here:

Spoiler:
            The little girl regenerates. We've never seen anybody other than a Time Lord do this. Yet. My own personal theory here is that Moffatt may truly be playing a long game indeed. We've seen the fall-out of the Time War and the old atrocities creeping back into the time stream without Time Lord intervention to keep them at bay. Maybe this goes all the way back to Father's Day. Maybe someone, somewhere decided that the universe NEEDS Time Lords and has taken it upon themselves to create a new line of time lords. We've seen the new Dalek Paradigm, maybe this girl represents the beginning of the new Time Lord Paradigm.

If the child is indeed Arm's, maybe this has something to do with exposure to the cracks in the universe? The doctor has already said that traveling through time changes a person. That's why Amy could remember the soldiers after they ceased to exist in Time of Angels. But we also know that Amy grew up in almost constant direct contact with a crack in space and time. The Doctor even mentioned that the while of space and time was being poured into her mind. That almost reminds me of 9 said about Rose when Rose had the Time Vortex in her head and how he described how he perceives the universe. Maybe "temporal contamination" has fundamentally altered Amy. Honestly, the entire universe was recreated from her memories, so she is the technical definition of God at this point. Re-creator of all things.

The bit at the end with River I find confusing too. She knew something was out of sync there, I just don't know what.

I still say the controls of the Time Engine scream "Dalek". The shape of the panels is identical to the shield panels on the Dalek emperor in Parting of the Ways and the "control orbs" look to be a perfect fit for the Dalek [s]plunger[/s] manipulator.

Regarding the window in the door: My instant reaction was "It's a TARDIS". Think about it... A TARDIS with a functioning Chameleon circuit could camouflage itself as a door. If a person is to be admitted to the Tardis interior, the door opens to the Tardis, otherwise it opens to the room the original door would have led to. Makes me think of the Oubliette scene in Labyrinth when Hoggle opens the door one way and it's a closet, then opens it another way and it leads outside.

Another random thought here: Paradox. River stated that if they prevent the Doctor's death it would cause a paradox because the reason form them deciding to prevent it would be removed. But we've seen a TARDIS turned into a paradox engine before. Maybe a Time Engine can do the same thing? I think Amy's "Shrodinger's Pregnancy" has something to do with this as well. She's definitely pregnant, but the child is in a state of temporal flux.

And one final thought: Could the Silence somehow be connected to the battle between The Light and The Dark, Abadon, and Bilis Manger from Torchwood?

And another non-spoilery thought: Is it just me, or do the Silence masks look like they are based on the Ood masks with the tentacles removed and the mouth covered over and the fore-head extended to recess the eyes??? Every time there was a shot of a Silent's eyes I kept expecting them to glow red.

Comment

The girl could be a Time Lord/Lady & the Doctor may not be able to detect her.
              It depends on how he knows there is another Time Lord.
              Just a thought from old Who, recalled from memory so please correct me where I'm wrong!

There is a part of the Gallifreyan physiology that enables them to communicate and link brains, the Doctor had his disabled from the link at one point, part of his punishment I think. He clearly had it restored but that means other Time Lords could have chosen to disable there's meaning the Doctor cannot detect them.

Comment

Originally posted by FennerMachine View Post
                The girl could be a Time Lord/Lady & the Doctor may not be able to detect her.
                It depends on how he knows there is another Time Lord.
                Just a thought from old Who, recalled from memory so please correct me where I'm wrong!

There is a part of the Gallifreyan physiology that enables them to communicate and link brains, the Doctor had his disabled from the link at one point, part of his punishment I think. He clearly had it restored but that means other Time Lords could have chosen to disable there's meaning the Doctor cannot detect them.
                10th still had the ability to detect Time Lords. He couldn't detect The Master originally when he was going around as Mr. Saxon because of the Archangel Link creating some sort of interference but when The Master was resurrected, could find him easily enough. So 11th should be able to detect the child as a Time Lady unless the Silence are doing something to hide her.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  It just occurred to me....unless the timeline is altered, we'll be seeing Canton again. As of the end of this episode, the Doctor is still unaware of what Amy/Rory/River witnessed, and so cannot have asked Canton to bring them a can of gasoline. So he'll still need to do that.
                  I'm hoping to see more of Canton as a recurring character throughout this season. Having a permanent contact in the US, especially somebody with ties to the White House and the FBI, is a good resource for the Doctor.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                    I'm hoping to see more of Canton as a recurring character throughout this season. Having a permanent contact in the US, especially somebody with ties to the White House and the FBI, is a good resource for the Doctor.
                    I'd also hope we get to see more of him, maybe a semi-recurring role even - he's an enjoyable and interesting character, and Mark Sheppard is a very watchable actor. Plus, if Doctor Who Confidential is to be believed, it looks like he really enjoyed himself making this (not least because of the tea...), so that bodes well.
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Merlin: I believe that the Silence are far more akin to "The Grays" than any Ood.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                        I'd also hope we get to see more of him, maybe a semi-recurring role even - he's an enjoyable and interesting character, and Mark Sheppard is a very watchable actor. Plus, if Doctor Who Confidential is to be believed, it looks like he really enjoyed himself making this (not least because of the tea...), so that bodes well.
                        I also like that Sheppard has been the narrator for all the series 6 trailers and DW Confidential tidbits. I think the producers struck gold with him.
                        sigpic

Comment

Watching the episode again, and it just occurred to me that the Doctor is partly responsible for events that happened in Watergate.

The Doctor told Nixon "record everything that happens in this room or you'll never know if you're under their influence"

Then during Watergate, we have these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watergate_tapes

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                            Watching the episode again, and it just occurred to me that the Doctor is partly responsible for events that happened in Watergate.

The Doctor told Nixon "record everything that happens in this room or you'll never know if you're under their influence"

Then during Watergate, we have these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watergate_tapes
                            Haha. I didn't think of that. That's awesome.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Thats pretty awesome, never twigged onto that

N.C

Comment

You guys really didn't catch that <<?

I noticed it and figured everyone would, so I didn't say anything xD.

I even realized that the Silence would be on the missing minutes.

After all, even information (read: recordings) of the silence degrade and disappear with time...
                                Last edited by jameshawking; 03 May 2011, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X