Day of the Moon (3202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    Maybe the car was the Doctor's TARDIS? Maybe future Doctor managed to get the Chameleon Circuit working?
    Maybe, but then it didn't appear to be bigger on the side. Maybe he fazed it out so that the Silence in the present wouldn't get their hands on it. From what we know also, there are still Silence on Earth in the present (as Amy saw one, or the shadow of one, out on the dunes) so perhaps the sixties revolution didn't quite work.

Unless it just forced them into going into hiding instead. I mean who would attack them out in the desert?

Those are good questions, but I truly do not have a clue. Something else that might need to be addressed in the stories to come.
    Who knows? Maybe their defeat in these episodes is what leads them to destroying the TARDIS later in revenge, fulfilling a paradox. You know how Moffat loves his paradoxes (or is that paradoxi?)
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
      More questions came to me last night. Still thinking about this ep after days! Shows that it was just epic.

Q1) Where was the future Doctor's TARDIS? He just had a car in the desert.
      Moffat implied that this was important

Comment

Just wanted to pop back into the thread and comment that the Niel Armstrong subliminal message to kill The Silence was possibly one of the most brilliant moves ever, the more I think on it the better that one gets!

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
        It could have been a Time Window (invented by PH)
        Tell me more, how much does PH want for it on eBay?
        sigpic

Comment

Maybe, but then it didn't appear to be bigger on the side. Maybe he fazed it out so that the Silence in the present wouldn't get their hands on it.
          Possible. He put the TARDIS out of temporal sync before in The End of Time, Part One to stop the Master getting hold of it so it's possible he did it again.

From what we know also, there are still Silence on Earth in the present (as Amy saw one, or the shadow of one, out on the dunes) so perhaps the sixties revolution didn't quite work.

Unless it just forced them into going into hiding instead. I mean who would attack them out in the desert?
          Plausible. They were only seen to be revealed to the human race so after that they could have been driven out...and what better place to go run and hide than out in the middle of the Utah desert.

Who knows? Maybe their defeat in these episodes is what leads them to destroying the TARDIS later in revenge, fulfilling a paradox. You know how Moffat loves his paradoxes (or is that paradoxi?)
          Jeez, its temporal paradoxes like this that could drive a man to drink. Between the events of 1969 and the events of those seen in 2010 as seen in The Eleventh Hour and The Pandorica Opens (a gap of 41-years) there is sooooooooooo much that could have happened. I'm finding it hard to get in to the head of an alien species and trying think of what they could and couldn't do when there's such a big gap for them to accomplish so much and its made even more difficult when time travel plays such a big part in things too. The Silence could have set things up in the end, to play a part in the beginning for when it ends in the middle. AAARRRRRGHHHH!!!!!

Truth is I love it.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

It just occurred to me....unless the timeline is altered, we'll be seeing Canton again. As of the end of this episode, the Doctor is still unaware of what Amy/Rory/River witnessed, and so cannot have asked Canton to bring them a can of gasoline. So he'll still need to do that.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              It just occurred to me....unless the timeline is altered, we'll be seeing Canton again. As of the end of this episode, the Doctor is still unaware of what Amy/Rory/River witnessed, and so cannot have asked Canton to bring them a can of gasoline. So he'll still need to do that.

Good point, I hope all these questions remain for a reason. There are still so many unanswered questions that lead up to and follow after this episode, I wonder how much River already knows (or knew).

Great writing!
              sigpic

Comment

Another thought, since I'm watching this right now....

In order to catch River with the TARDIS' swimming pool, wouldn't she have had to fall horizontally through the control room?
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The way the ended was worded I thought instantly they would see each other again. But it also possible they do not meet again. After Amy, Rory and River did not see the doctor until they got to the desert they just receive a envelope with instructions. It could be the same with Canton the Doctor just gave him more detail instructions in the evelope. The only thing certain is that Rory, River and Pond will never meet the old version again.

But again how the ended was worded and how it was acted, says to me that we will see him again. An the fact they still got a silent prisoner in Area 51 make me suspect they will see each other again. Also once the doctor shows someone how to fight aliens it seem like they do not give it up and continue the good fight until they no longer can.
                  Last edited by knowles2; 02 May 2011, 07:17 AM.

Comment

In order to catch River with the TARDIS' swimming pool, wouldn't she have had to fall horizontally through the control room?
                    Not necessarily. The TARDISes Architectural Configuration (from Logopolis) would undoubtedly have come in to play for a move like that. Just a question of putting the swimming pool at the front main entrance and changing the angle of the interior (as done before in Time-Flight) would do the trick.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Not necessarily. The TARDISes Architectural Configuration (from Logopolis) would undoubtedly have come in to play for a move like that. Just a question of putting the swimming pool at the front main entrance and changing the angle of the interior (as done before in Time-Flight) would do the trick.
                      True. It was just an amusing image

Comment

Did anyone find the last scene between the Doctor and River at Stormcage a little odd?

It was as if River knew something that should have happened but hadnt, like Amy not knowing the Daleks in S5.

Admittedly it could just be the reverse timeline interactions playing in again, but it seemed for too of an upfront in your face scene to just accentuate that fact again.

I think that scene holds a vital clue for something, trouble is, i got nothing.

N.C

Comment

Maybe, but then it didn't appear to be bigger on the side. Maybe he fazed it out so that the Silence in the present wouldn't get their hands on it. From what we know also, there are still Silence on Earth in the present (as Amy saw one, or the shadow of one, out on the dunes) so perhaps the sixties revolution didn't quite work.

Unless...it was there because they didn't start the revolution yet, even though they were technically in the future. O.o The future of a past that had not yet been changed.

Maybe one of those wibbly-wobbly, plotty-holey timey-wimey things.

True. It was just an amusing image
                          Indeed
                          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                            Did anyone find the last scene between the Doctor and River at Stormcage a little odd?

It was as if River knew something that should have happened but hadnt, like Amy not knowing the Daleks in S5.

Admittedly it could just be the reverse timeline interactions playing in again, but it seemed for too of an upfront in your face scene to just accentuate that fact again.

I think that scene holds a vital clue for something, trouble is, i got nothing.

N.C
                            I think she was just sad because the Doctor (from her perspective) keeps getting younger and knowing her less--and consequently, knowing less about them--each time they meet. It's probably sort like living with someone with alzheimers, in the sense that you know them well but someday you know they won't recognize you.
                            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

You've played Portal.. so you know about momentum It's like jumping through a portal on the floor and reappearing through a portal on a wall..

Comment

Hi

There is just one thing that doesn't quite make sense, if we are to accept that the little girl in the NASA spacesuit is a time-lord/time-lady? why doesn't the Doctor know that she is a fellow time-lord/lady? after all the Doctor has specifically said before that he would know if there were any Time-Lords/Ladys still, mind you that doesn't run either if you remember way back in Utopia, the Doctor was not aware that the Master alive, we have been told that in the forth-coming episode "The Doctor's Wife" that
                                Spoiler:
                                Idris is an old friend who is isane, we all know that regeneration leaves the specific time-lord/lady very confused and in the description of "The Doctor's Wife" we are told Idris is insane - maybe she has just regenerated - is she the little girl from "Day of the Moon"? also from what I understand I have always thought that the TARDIS aids a Time-Lord/Lady's regeneration - so I don't think that it's too far a jump to assume that maybe the little girl's TARDIS is nearby & and thus available to take her away from Earth in the 60's, for all we know maybe a Time-Lord/Lady's make-up allows them to age rapidly, after all what better a place than late 60's Earth than to place a nascent-time lady, literally the last place where you would expect to find a time-lady, maybe she (the little girl) used the chameleon arch to change from time-lady to human, we all know that this is possible given that the Master in Utopia specifically states that he was found as a young human male with a fob-watch on a beach with no memory of who he is, after all in the "End of Time" - Gallifrey was hanging in normal space for an awfully long time - maybe a time-lady escaped - Romana/Susan prehaps? - travelled back in time to 60's Earth to hide in the USA and used the chameleon arch to change and lastly to take us back to the photo of Amy with a baby - the little girl? prehaps she honed in on Amy as she was/is the closest person to the Doctor and used the circumstances of her pregnancy to borrow some of Amy's DNA, if you look at the end of "Day of the Moon" you will see that the little girl has red hair and a more than passing resembalance to Amy.

Of course with the above I could be totally out of tune - so to speak, but I fancy that as the next few weeks go by that a lot of the questions which were left un-answered in "Day of the Moon" will be answered, lastly a final thought and an odd one at that are The Silence the owners of the proto-TARDIS and is it the same one from "The Lodger"? given that Craig Owens is coming back I fancy that we will know fairly soon, lastly are The Silence & The Cybermen enemies of both each other and The Doctor?

Ciao Mon Braves...

'And Thus the whirligig of time shall bring in his revenges' - William Shakespeare's - Twelth Night or prehaps more appropiately " A man can die but once..." - William Shakespeare's king Henry IV act 3 scene 2.....
                                Last edited by Bagpuss; 02 May 2011, 09:21 AM. Reason: Future ep spec/spoilers tagged.

Comment

Working...
                                X