No announcement yet.

The Impossible Astronaut (3201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love that the Doctor apologized before regenerating. granted maybe he planned all this before hand but to me I think he knows that his companion grow attached to his individually regenerations and he feel bad having to go through the process.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I think that the opening scene will play some relevance next week too, the bit about him being locked in the Tower of London and then being carried 'aloft' by a magical floating sphere? Just the scene from the preview for next week with him chained up to the chair with the beard - looks like a Tower setting to me.

I know how the Moff likes to use his wonderful time tricks
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        i love that the Doctor apologized before regenerating. granted maybe he planned all this before hand but to me I think he knows that his companion grow attached to his individually regenerations and he feel bad having to go through the process.
        I didn't think he was saying sorry because he was regenerating but because he knew he was going to die.

Comment

Or he was saying sorry because he was coming back , but he needed his companions to think that he will die ( at least if i would do that i would say some sort of sorry )
          sigpic
          Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
          StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
          GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
            Or he was saying sorry because he was coming back , but he needed his companions to think that he will die ( at least if i would do that i would say some sort of sorry )
            "But first of all, Doctor Song, who are you? You're someone from my future I'm guessing that."

He's been perfectly fine working with River previously, but now....

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
              I think that the opening scene will play some relevance next week too, the bit about him being locked in the Tower of London and then being carried 'aloft' by a magical floating sphere? Just the scene from the preview for next week with him chained up to the chair with the beard - looks like a Tower setting to me.

The magical floating sphere was a hot air balloon.. there was a picture of it in the book

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                The magical floating sphere was a hot air balloon.. there was a picture of it in the book
                I know. I saw the picture.

That's not confirmation though. Just because it was recorded as being one doesn't mean it is one, or even if it is it doesn't mean it won't feature in the next ep
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I actually caught this episode on iPlayer. (A first for me)
                  And I have to say I actually enjoyed it.
                  It was great to see everyone back on great form.

I'm interested to know who River Song actually is.
                  And if Amy is Pregnant how they'll work it into the story.

And I think the 'Silence' make an excellent addition to the Who universe.
                  "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                  Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                  Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                  Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                  I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                  To thy own self... Be true
                  May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

"But first of all, Doctor Song, who are you? You're someone from my future I'm guessing that."

He's been perfectly fine working with River previously, but now....
                    He didnt say guessing that. He said "You're someone from my future, getting there. But really. Trust you"
                    Implying that he is moving towards the time she will first meet him. When they will collide.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

LOL.

I thought he said "You're someone from my future. Getting that. But who? OK, why are you in prison, who did you kill?"

Comment

To be fair about River Song, she never asked him to do something he didn't want to before now. Not really.

There's a large difference between asking him to not let you die after he's met you is vastly different from asking him to listen to, from his viewpoint, some unknown, shadowy figure who is hiding from him and his friends for an unknown purpose to do unknown things, and that he needed to trust her.

There's a large difference between trusting a past version of her, one he never met before, and her being along for the ride on something he'd do anyway (like saving people from the vashta nerada, or stopping the weeping angels).

And keep in mind, this is a past version of her, which means he can't even trust her based on his experiences with her, at all, since she may be a different person, without experiences that changed her into a better person. The most clear example of this is the change from her being a doctor to a professor, clearly a "downgrade" in some fashion.

Edit: in fact, she even implied that he shouldn't trust her. "You can. But where's the fun in that?"
                        Last edited by jameshawking; 26 April 2011, 09:51 AM.

Comment

I don't know if this has been said already but its another crazy theory.

Spoiler:
                          What if Amy really is pregnant and River Song is Amy and Rory's daughter somehow?

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post

Mild spoiler!
                            Spoiler:
                            Thats NASA, hes being held prisoner there

Dunno why though

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                              Mild spoiler!
                              Spoiler:
                              Thats NASA, hes being held prisoner there

Dunno why though
                              Spoiler:
                              He's surrounded in bright light, in a bright room, with people looking in every direction. And the Doctor knows about the Silent.

Chances are he's being protected from them.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                In a straight jacket & chains?

Comment

Working...
                                X