The Impossible Astronaut (3201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    I did raise an eyebrow at the Secret Service agent myself actually...
    I didn't think it would just be me.
    The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

It is insane how quickly this came out:

http://store.qmxonline.com/My-Myster...ter_p_127.html

Comment

LOL. I'll have to get one of those.

Comment

JFK had Abraham Holden, the first black Secret Service agent (Kennedy personally appointed him). So it's not out of the realm of possibility that Nixon may have had a black Secret Service agent but I will admit, he did come off as the episodes token racial minority character.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
          Rory's English.. 13 C is a warm summer day here
          Plus it was filmed last July which means we're all lucky Rory and the others weren't filming everything naked. God knows how hot July in Utah gets.

sigpic

Comment

Critic reactions.

Interesting mix of responses.

Colvile's review in particular made me aware of the parallels to previous Moffat episodes, and surprisingly when rewatching the scene when River groans about her future with the Doctor to Rory - I thought of Girl in the Fireplace;

- "My Doctor." (also used by Harriet Jones and other characters, but not in River's remorseful 'missed opportunity' tone)
            - "Every time we meet I am closer to him and he is further away from me." - paraphrased because I can't recall the exact quote

I'm not saying they are related, but it did remind me of the episode. Especially since it is suggested that both River and Renette had 'more than friends' feelings for the Doctor.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

River Song was sick too, so I don't think it's a pregnancy. I think the sickness is some sort of reaction to the alien's abilities, and may be some sort of side effect to them.

You know the companion I'd like to see again?

The Doctor's granddaughter.

Susan Foreman.

I'd like to know what she's been doing.

Comment

Something that idly crossed my mind while watching is that the aliens in the warehouse had left some sort of gooey secretion all over everything

Spoiler:

which reminded me of The Eleventh Hour when Amy picked up the Doctor's sonic

Spoiler:

Prisoner Zero never struck me as being a particularly "oozy" type.

It's probably nothing. But fun to speculate.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                  I'll let Darren know he can close the forum..

If we're not going to discuss the episode and come up with theories about what we think could happen next then what's the point of being here?

To discuss what we thought about the episode and enjoy eachothers company.

Besides I'm not saying not to come up with theories. I'm saying Moffatt is usually so off the wall that anything you do think off will more than likely, ultimately prove to be wrong.

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                  Something that idly crossed my mind while watching is that the aliens in the warehouse had left some sort of gooey secretion all over everything

That's actually a pretty good point. But then again the Silence don't look to be particularly oozy either. However.......

Spoiler:
                  We do know from the season 6 trailer that at some point Amy and Rory potentially find themselves back on the Old Tenth Doctors TARDIS potentially during his regeneration so it could be that The Silence have been effecting the Doctors life for quite some time.........

Having said that I'm fairly sure The Silence aren't going to be the big enemy that the Doctor has to face. They seem more like they could be lackies or just a stepping stone to someone or something alot bigger.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The slimeness will be answered in Part 2
                    I accidentally read part of a synopsis for part 2 and that whole set up will be explained I think, or it will be implied

Also, pbellosom posted this in the Series 6 discussion thread
                    http://omfgerbear.tumblr.com/post/45...tions-of-their

Its a list of possible moments where the Silence could be sighted or indicated in series 5
                    Anyone want to check them out?
                    Last edited by Teddybrown; 24 April 2011, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                      It is insane how quickly this came out:

http://store.qmxonline.com/My-Myster...ter_p_127.html
                      I know a few fangirls who would kill to have that poster.
                      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post

As stated in that thread there's another one in the Lodger at around 13:53 that the list maker seemed to miss. I'm fairly certain the Lodger ones are deliberate, but the Big Bang seems more likely to be one of the crew walking in front of the camera by accident.

Comment

The slimeness will be answered in Part 2
                          I accidentally read part of a synopsis for part 2 and that whole set up will be explained I think, or it will be implied

Its a list of possible moments where the Silence could be sighted or indicated in series 5
                          I've checked all but the Lodger and Big Bang one. Certainly I can remember the bit from the Lodger because I've always thought it seemed a bit random. As was how Amy suddenly decided to mess with one of the TARDIS controls in The Eleventh Hour.

The one from the BEast Below I never noticed but it is so frightningly obvious when you see it.

The Victory of the Daleks example is a bit more vague. I'm not hundred percent convinced by that one.

Comment

Thanks to everyone that made plain why we are calling the new aliens The Silence.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            I've checked all but the Lodger and Big Bang one. Certainly I can remember the bit from the Lodger because I've always thought it seemed a bit random. As was how Amy suddenly decided to mess with one of the TARDIS controls in The Eleventh Hour.

The one from the BEast Below I never noticed but it is so frightningly obvious when you see it.
                            Wow, really interesting. The thing that makes these baddies so scary is the same thing that could lead us to potentially seeing them when they are not there. I completely agree that The Beast Below is very obvious. Not sure about the Eleventh Hour ones. For the Lodger, I thought it was just Amy looking at the phonograph horn and being disgruntled with the Doctor, but now that people have pointed out that Amy does the weird intake of breath thing twice in the episode, I'm more convinced that there is something to it. Plus, we now know that the Silence are somehow connected to the Lodger time engine.

With regard to the Big Bang, I initially thought those dark shapes behind the sarchophagi were just the stands holding the sarchophagi up, but in two frames when the camera is at roughly the same position, those dark things have moved--in the second frame you can see much more of a head shape. Plus, I don't think the black figure fluttering out of the frame was an accidental crew member--the show shoots enough takes of each scene that I would imagine they would never be in the position where they would have to include something like that. I can't believe I didn't see it before, but I am now kind of freaked out by those black figures.

I wonder how much explanation the actors got when filming these foreshadowing scenes--if they knew how they were going to play out in season 6 or if they were just told "act as if you suddenly see something startling, and then keep going about your usual business".

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
                              Thanks to everyone that made plain why we are calling the new aliens The Silence.
                              Wow, really interesting. The thing that makes these baddies so scary is the same thing that could lead us to potentially seeing them when they are not there. I completely agree that The Beast Below is very obvious. Not sure about the Eleventh Hour ones. For the Lodger, I thought it was just Amy looking at the phonograph horn and being disgruntled with the Doctor, but now that people have pointed out that Amy does the weird intake of breath thing twice in the episode, I'm more convinced that there is something to it. Plus, we now know that the Silence are somehow connected to the Lodger time engine.

With regard to the Big Bang, I initially thought those dark shapes behind the sarchophagi were just the stands holding the sarchophagi up, but in two frames when the camera is at roughly the same position, those dark things have moved--in the second frame you can see much more of a head shape. Plus, I don't think the black figure fluttering out of the frame was an accidental crew member--the show shoots enough takes of each scene that I would imagine they would never be in the position where they would have to include something like that. I can't believe I didn't see it before, but I am now kind of freaked out by those black figures.

I wonder how much explanation the actors got when filming these foreshadowing scenes--if they knew how they were going to play out in season 6 or if they were just told "act as if you suddenly see something startling, and then keep going about your usual business".
                              Times like these I really wish i had the DVDs now, so I could go back and rewatch these
                              Time to look on youtube!

Comment

Yeah it made me wonder how much info they were given. But quite likely they were just told a certain way to act at a certain moment and they did it. They might not have any idea why.

Comment

Working...
                                X