No announcement yet.

The Impossible Astronaut (3201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the Doctor is on the beach gesturing and talking to the Astronaut at a distance from his companions and River, it reminded me of when the Doctor goes to meet the Watcher on a London bridge over the Thames and Adric is watching the conversation from a distance and out of earshot in Logopolis. Did anyone else get reminded of that?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      When the Doctor is on the beach gesturing and talking to the Astronaut at a distance from his companions and River, it reminded me of when the Doctor goes to meet the Watcher on a London bridge over the Thames and Adric is watching the conversation from a distance and out of earshot in Logopolis. Did anyone else get reminded of that?
      Now that you mention it........Hmmmmmmm.

But that confused me. How could the Doctor have had a conversation with The Watcher as that was actually himself?
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post

But that confused me. How could the Doctor have had a conversation with The Watcher as that was actually himself?
        Because it's two different incarnations of the Doctor from different points in the time line - though technically the Watcher is from between incarnations, it still applies. The Doctor has met, adventured and talked with himself in different incarnations (and occasionally the same one) several times.
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
          Because it's two different incarnations of the Doctor from different points in the time line - though technically the Watcher is from between incarnations, it still applies. The Doctor has met, adventured and talked with himself in different incarnations (and occasionally the same one) several times.
          Sealurk is right, Coco Pops. The Watcher is kind of like the Doctor's 4.5 incarnation. A projection of his future self that wasn't coming through very clearly. In Planet of the Spiders, another Time Lord had a projection of his future incarnation but it was clearly another person and not just a white shadowy figure like the Watcher was. I put it down to the fact that this particular Time Lords mental powers were more practised and far more developed than the Doctor's.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Or the TARDIS was sick of the power usage and capped the speed of his temporal ISP

N,C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
              Or the TARDIS was sick of the power usage and capped the speed of his temporal ISP

N,C

Well she is female, and they're prone to change their minds

"runs off"

Comment

I don't know if this was brought up before (I have a terrible memory), but didn't River want Amy and Rory to tell the Doctor why there were all summoned there when the Doctor sent himself an invitation to the event? Future Doc wanted himself there otherwise he wouldn't have sent the envelope...
                "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                "what?"
                *throat punch*
                My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

No, River forced them not to, even though the Silence seemed to want Amy to tell the Doctor.

As we know River lies, this could be part of Rivers last great spoiler, or she is saving the universe from entropy because the Doctor being a complicated space/time event cannot cross his own timestream directly without serious ramifications.

Also, with Kovarian and the Silence and Daleks from the planet of Skittle, out and about, they may use that chaos for evil...

..meanwhile in the batcave ..

N.C

Comment

^ oh yeah i get the whole 'do not cross' timeline stuff, but future doc invited himself there. my guess is present doc got the invite, came, found out about his death from amy, figured he would have to send his past self the envelope to try and change something, but of course it doesn't happen
                    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                    "what?"
                    *throat punch*
                    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by PMN1 View Post
                      Piccie from the GaiifreyBase website

Could be Jim the Fish or Jack.
                      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

This episode really, really bugs me.

We just watched it again tonight on TV and it was followed by Dr Who Confidential and in that Mr Moffat says that it really is the Doctor dying....... So that really makes my head want to explode

How did they change that in the series end with the Tesselecta when in episode 1 it really was the Doctor? Isn't that changing a fixed event?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                          I think the Beast Below is definately one because in that clip, just before the next clip, theres the raspy noise that the Silence makes

The cloaked figures in the Big Bang... Maybe, but why would they be cloaked?

And the Tardis door, I dunno about that one...

The one in the Lodger, I think could be one, because Amy does look genuinely scared then fine

The one at the end of Eleventh Hour also looks like a genuine one too.

The rest, Im not too sure about them, some could be more than others.

I reckon Moffats had this story planned for a long long time...

@Nth Chevron, yeah this one kinda creeped me out too, it wasnt as scary as the first Angel episode,, that one was jumpy, this one was creepy

Sorry to reply to a very old message hehe.......... But where in The Beast Below do you see a Silent? I've watched that episode many times and not noticed tnat.

Comment

How did they change that in the series end with the Tesselecta when in episode 1 it really was the Doctor? Isn't that changing a fixed event?
                            Moffat lies.
                            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                            and lots more!

Comment

We just watched it again tonight on TV and it was followed by Dr Who Confidential and in that Mr Moffat says that it really is the Doctor dying....... So that really makes my head want to explode

Explanation #1: Rule Number One:

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                              Moffat lies.
                              Explanation #2: The Doctor we see die in The Impossible Astronaut is The Doctor, but the events of The Wedding of River Song leading up to the formation of a fixed point in time allow the Doctor a chance to change events, thus making the beginning of The Impossible Astronaut part of a former time-line now rendered defunct since the Doctor learned of his future.

Explanation #3: It's all to do with wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey... stuff.
                              Last edited by Sealurk; 14 April 2012, 03:06 AM.
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Sorry to reply to a very old message hehe.......... But where in The Beast Below do you see a Silent? I've watched that episode many times and not noticed tnat.
                                We dont see one, but in a scene there was a noise the silence makes.
                                But obvs that was wrong now...

Comment

Working...
                                X