The Pandorica Opens (3112/512)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much obliged!

As you said, back to the episode. Having watched that end scene (and the entire episode) numerous times, I'm still blown away by Matt Smith's acting. The desperation in his voice when he's begging and pleading for the Alliance to listen was incredible. Whoever cast him as the Doctor should get a knighthood!

And I love that music that plays as he's sealed in the Pandorica, it works so much more effectively than some big ominous booming orchestral score (which Murray Gold is equally adept at, I have to say) - the next soundtrack cannot come fast enough.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
      Much obliged!

As you said, back to the episode. Having watched that end scene (and the entire episode) numerous times, I'm still blown away by Matt Smith's acting. The desperation in his voice when he's begging and pleading for the Alliance to listen was incredible. Whoever cast him as the Doctor should get a knighthood!

And I love that music that plays as he's sealed in the Pandorica, it works so much more effectively than some big ominous booming orchestral score (which Murray Gold is equally adept at, I have to say) - the next soundtrack cannot come fast enough.
      Agreed completely.
      The thing that struck me about his pleading is that it was much more desperate than say David Tennant would have acted it. the 10th Doctor would have screamed and shouted in a panicked and angry sort of way. It would have been emotional sure. But it works so much better with the way Matt Smith plays it as a much more saddend and anguished.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Wasn't it in "Logopolis" when the Master silenced the Monitor's peoples who had been working on the problem to Expand the Universe, and in so doing brought Silence down upon the Universe?

There's a kind of poetic justice in that Moffat was a fan himself of the earlier Dr. Who episodes where a big finale demanded a build up.. then a heralding of a big baddie to come.

I think it must have something to do with the Time Lords and Gallifrey and releasing the Master.. maybe not as the subject.. but as a result of recovering the Timeline.

Perhaps the Doctor reaches out to the only ones protected in the Time Lock.. after all the Daleks are loose.. what purpose does it serve to continue torturing the Doctor.. redemption is also a good story tool.

In a way RTD made the Master a poor tortured soul.. perhaps not as Evil as we once believed.. but that was one of the things that made him great. He needs to redeem himself and then prove he is truly Evil just for the sake of being Evil.. so we have a great villain loose upon the Cosmos once again.

Amy fills the role for Moffat of the hapless victim, with spunk.. who turns the tables more often than not.. she's Sally Sparrow reincarnate. River Song though.. I love that she is enigmatic.. and very well.. probably is.. Romana.. or somehow related to her.. a daughter or sister perhaps?

Look around though.. pay attention to all of the books in Amy's house.. I doubt its wishful thinking that will get them out of this.. perhaps pay attention to the episodes not referenced so far.. The Dream Lord.. the Lodger

If anything Moffat is a master manipulator of circumstance.

Let's just hope he can pull it off.. let's just hope Moffats luggage has the initials for PhD. J. S. on them.

Comment

just putting my theory out there but has anyone considered that silence is a place rather than it meaning there will be silence or nothing left in the universe. i think that in one of the other series that someone says silence has fallen to the doctor but he dismisses that like he does with other information not needed at that present time

Comment

Rather nice.. if Silence is the fall of the Universe (a place) then what could be louder than a Big Bang?

And.. Amy's life doesn't make sense? Chaos..

There was once a great SciFi series that started with a book called "Life Probe" about a sentient robotic explorer sent out into space to find an FTL drive for its makers.. for without it.. their race was doomed along with all races in the Universe. eventually their stars would grow cold and burn out and they could not flee to other star systems.. for none could survive the long cold of deep space

Great story but eventually the probe landed on Earth and pleaded with humans in the 21st century to rebuild it and relaunch it as it had discovered a tell tale sign that a nearby star.. Procyon.. had a civilization with an FTL drive.. so on to the second book.. and Procyon's promise led to the discovery of the ruins of a missing race that had all left long ago.. but left behind was the secret to FTL flight.. its intriguing and I won't spoil the whole of the story.. but essentially.. we all got it wrong.. time was actually running backwards.. once they knew that.. FTL fell out of all the physics and they already knew.. the Universe had presented them all with a riddle.. which explained the Third Law of Thermodynamics.. it was in essence a "Trickster"

The future was not disorder.. but order.. the big bang was not the great cataclysm.. from which all of "ordered" creation had come.. it was the great "silence" and out of the great silence.. the universe was headed towards the great crunch.. which from our perspective is "the big bang".. but we were moving backwards in time.. so it didn't make sense to us.. quite elegant. It would be hard to present on screen in a dramatic fashion.. but its just a thought.. since the title is after all "The Big Bang"

Comment

Just seen the preview clip for next week
              Doesnt really spoil much, but it does raise one question, if the universe ended, how come they are still sitting there?

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post

I am waiting very impatiently for it. I really want that piece with the countertenor from the specials and the music for this episode was also massive. Reminded me a bit of John Williams and his score for Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I didn't spot the Sycorax, so kudos to you guys =)
                He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                  if the universe ended, how come they are still sitting there?
                  A hour of blank screen followed by "to be continued" isn't likely to cut it as a series finale
                  Dalek: You are an associate of the Doctor. Records indicate you will show mercy.
                  Song: I'm River Song, you better check your records again.
                  Dalek A moments pause: Mercy!
                  Song: Louder!
                  Dalek louder: Mercy!
                  Song: One more time.
                  Dalek panic: Mercy!!!

Dalek dust drifts away.

Comment

Originally posted by YsoL8 View Post
                    A hour of blank screen followed by "to be continued" isn't likely to cut it as a series finale

You know what i mean...

Comment

I saw some speculation on LJ & thought it was interesting.

Vincent's painting...

Spoiler:

One TARDIS exploding or two TARDIS's crashing?

I dunno. But I think it's an exciting idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post

I saw some speculation on LJ & thought it was interesting.

Vincent's painting...

Spoiler:

One TARDIS exploding or two TARDIS's crashing?

I dunno. But I think it's an exciting idea.

Hmm, looks like either:
                        One Tardis is expoding
                        Or that there are two and one is exploding while one remains, because it looks like there is a Tardis that looks whole, and maybe debris from another or is it just the angle of the Tardis??
                        Quite a good idea though

Comment

It's a problem either way though........cos if there's more than one TARDIS there then they are still both the Doctors TARDIS.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Interesting Idea, but I don't think it will end up like that. if it does it will be a plot twist that would rival those of LOST

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBuw0Dsi_Sg

Ignore the persons claims, i think the costume looks legit

N.C

Comment

I just keep thinking about that disembodied voice saying "Silence will fall" and the fact that Davros has already tried to destroy all of reality once.

If we are now somehow dealing with an "ascended" and completely 110% insane Davros trying to bring about the end of everything, that could be a big problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X