The Pandorica Opens (3112/512)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
    What I don't understand is what was the Doctor on about when he saw the pandorica was he just making it up you know about the blood and that.
    It was part of the carefully constructed fairy tale / myth / story that he had heard about the Pandorica. He knew of the Pandorica, he knew the story talked of the Pandorica being a box, cage or prison that contained a goblin, warrior or trickster, the most feared being in all the cosmos, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies, yadda yadda yadda. He just didn't know the exact details or indeed that it was even real, which is precisely how the Alliance wanted it. As far as he knew, it was merely a fictional story.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
      What I don't understand is what was the Doctor on about when he saw the pandorica was he just making it up you know about the blood and that.
      No of course not. He was talking about himself even though he didn't know it.

"There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior. A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it or hold or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world."
      "So how'd it end up in there?"
      "Oh you know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it."

The description IS the Doctor from the perspective of the Evil League of Evil Alliance. To the Daleks, The Cybermen, The Sontarrans and the Nestene, the Doctor is THAT. A nameless and terrible thing that destroys their world at every encounter. And nothing ever stops him. From their perspective, The Doctor is the most vile and evil creature in the universe.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Talk about epic. Moffat pulled something off that Davis was never able to. Now that is what I call storytelling. Don't get me wrong I love the first four series of the new Doctor Who too because there is much to love about them but this? This is epic!

Was that a Douglas Adams bow in the beginning of the episode. The bit about those letters fifty meters high on the most ancient planet? I definitely think so and yet it was totally Doctor Who. Hello Sweetie! Bwahaha ^_^ Oh River. You certainly get around. This was BTW the first time in recent history in which all story lines of the whole series came together as a coherent whole. Absolutely fantastic. There were so many moments when I shouted out loud especially when Rory turned up and that conversation with the doctor was hilarious and the monster? Damn I should have known. Of course who else but the doctor himself. That totally made my jaw drop plus poor, poor Rory :sniff: BUT OH MY GOSH. ALL HIS ENEMIES TEAMING UP TO SAVE THE UNIVERSE....FROM HIM

Oh pretty please make the second part worthwhile Moffat. Please!!!! This will be a very long week. This was just heavy, man. Really heavy!

Oh and BTW did anyone else squee at the sight of the Weevil ? ^_^
        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
        And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
          Talk about epic. Moffat pulled something off that Davis was never able to. Now that is what I call storytelling. Don't get me wrong I love the first four series of the new Doctor Who too because there is much to love about them but this? This is epic!

Was that a Douglas Adams bow in the beginning of the episode. The bit about those letters fifty meters high on the most ancient planet? I definitely think so and yet it was totally Doctor Who. Hello Sweetie! Bwahaha ^_^ Oh River. You certainly get around. This was BTW the first time in recent history in which all story lines of the whole series came together as a coherent whole. Absolutely fantastic. There were so many moments when I shouted out loud especially when Rory turned up and that conversation with the doctor was hilarious and the monster? Damn I should have known. Of course who else but the doctor himself. That totally made my jaw drop plus poor, poor Rory :sniff: BUT OH MY GOSH. ALL HIS ENEMIES TEAMING UP TO SAVE THE UNIVERSE....FROM HIM

Oh pretty please make the second part worthwhile Moffat. Please!!!! This will be a very long week. This was just heavy, man. Really heavy!

Oh and BTW did anyone else squee at the sight of the Weevil ? ^_^
          That's the second mention of a weevil. I didn't see one.

That's a weevil.

Now what I did see:

This same creature was in Torchwood in the finale of season 2......but still not a weevil......

Comment

There was definitiely a weevil or two and a blow fish (bizarrely) as well. You could see them better on the Confidential.

Spoiler:

Edited to add pic of blow fish.

There he is. On the extreme left.

Spoiler:
            Last edited by Blencathra; 21 June 2010, 01:35 PM.

Comment

The weevils have a real blink-and-you'll-miss-it appearance in the actual episode - far right, near the back, 47:22 on iPlayer.

Yep, that's how busy I am...
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Huh. Go figure. They are a bit of an odd addition. Same with the blow fish. But I guess there's no reason why the Doctor might not have faced them at some point. And you gotta re-use costumes when you can to save costs right? Still I see no sycorax there. They would have been far better to see.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  Huh. Go figure. They are a bit of an odd addition. Same with the blow fish. But I guess there's no reason why the Doctor might not have faced them at some point. And you gotta re-use costumes when you can to save costs right? Still I see no sycorax there. They would have been far better to see.
                  Isaw them in hte cofidental though, or at least the actors in costume without their heagear on. So they're there soemwhere!
                  If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                  sigpic

Comment

Hee. They were there as well.

Spoiler:

Comment

45:59, when the Alliance step forward to watch the Doctor get sealed inside, far upper left, just behind an Auton Roman. Seriously, I'm supposed to be writing...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                        45:59, when the Alliance step forward to watch the Doctor get sealed inside, far upper left, just behind an Auton Roman. Seriously, I'm supposed to be writing...
                        me too. Instead I'm procrastinating by trying to see said aliens in the episode.

Comment

me too. Instead I'm procrastinating by trying to see said aliens in the episode.
                          You get the first two free. Next one's gonna cost you...green, upfront.
                          sigpic

Comment

You get the first two free. Next one's gonna cost you...green, upfront.
                            Only if you expand on what you're suposed to be writing.

Comment

Only if you expand on what you're suposed to be writing.
                              Ah, very shrewd negotiator! Okay, I'll bite - I'm supposed to be writing the hugely overdue third installment of Stargate Ragnarok, betaing a friend's fic and also writing a heavily revised plot-plan for my novel.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ah, very shrewd negotiator! Okay, I'll bite - I'm supposed to be writing the hugely overdue third installment of Stargate Ragnarok, betaing a friend's fic and also writing a heavily revised plot-plan for my novel.
                                Now you get green.

Anyway. Back to the episode.....

Comment

Working...
                                X