No announcement yet.

Flesh and Stone (3105/505)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I ask...when Clerics Marco, Pedro and...uh, the other one investigate the crack and cease to ever have existed...anybody else think of Alastair Reynold's Redemption Ark, where the malfunctioning inertia suppression machinery has exactly the same effect? The only indication that the person ever existed is the fading memory of people nearby to the former person.

Maybe Steven Moffat's an Al Reynolds fan...maybe I'm reading too much into it.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I knew I have not reviewed in here yet. I have been a bad boy .

Great episode though, fav of the season. Loved the action and the angels and the plot line, the psychological aspects of it and how the Doctor was battiling two different forces and all the little references of just what might be erased. Though that brings up a lot of questions.

though there was one huge problem I had with this. This ep did for the Angels what Scorption did for the Borg, really ruined them. We got a much bigger threat, and we got to see them move. Though I do not think that was them moving to full capability, they were still being cautious and all that jazz and in a semi state. Still a great episode though.

And the scene at the end really caused me to snort, poor Doctor!. Not permiscious at all is she . And the end of time is in her time . All the jokes aside, still another special companion too.

And there are just too many great quotes in here to just pick one.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
        I knew I have not reviewed in here yet. I have been a bad boy .

Great episode though, fav of the season. Loved the action and the angels and the plot line, the psychological aspects of it and how the Doctor was battiling two different forces and all the little references of just what might be erased. Though that brings up a lot of questions.

though there was one huge problem I had with this. This ep did for the Angels what Scorption did for the Borg, really ruined them. We got a much bigger threat, and we got to see them move. Though I do not think that was them moving to full capability, they were still being cautious and all that jazz and in a semi state. Still a great episode though.

And the scene at the end really caused me to snort, poor Doctor!. Not permiscious at all is she . And the end of time is in her time . All the jokes aside, still another special companion too.

And there are just too many great quotes in here to just pick one.

May I ask. In what way did this episode ruin the Angels for you..... Was it the fact that we got to see them move?
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          May I ask. In what way did this episode ruin the Angels for you..... Was it the fact that we got to see them move?
          That and the fact...I mean they are not 'ruined' they are still one of my favorite monsters from Who and they will still probably scare the crud out of me. But there was just something that was much worse then them in this episode, just in the third episode that we see them, that does basically the same thing, and yeah we saw them move. That was not helpful because in that case some of the mystery is gone. Though in that respect one question answered four more raised. I think we will see them again but their threat has sort of been limited.

Comment

This episode is kind of a jumbled mess. I can't stand the way they treated the angels, or the idiocy of the events surrounding them - it was as if they had forgotten how exactly the angels worked and just decided to make it up as they went along. Really, the two things that ruined it were : Amy Pond "having to walk as if she could see", which can't even pretend to make sense - the explanation was just terrible, and the simple fact that there were too many of them.

Comment

Another fun DW episode, I can understand some criticism about the Angels...they seemed a little weaker, but they weren't at full power yet so that explains it for me.

I'm loving seeing River Song, these 2 episodes really have me wondering about her more than ever.

How about Amy trying to hook up with the Doctor and his reaction, all pretty funny!
              sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure I like the Agressive Amy stuff. I want Dr Who without the shippy thing. Subtle like with Rose was OK, but the Amy thing is a bit over the top for me. He said no, and she didn't respect that, she kept going after him. If that had been a guy doing that to a girl, evryone would have complained.
                Sorry, I don' like ship in my Sci Fi, unless it's a space ship.
                no means no, and so does pepper spray
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                  I'm not sure I like the Agressive Amy stuff. I want Dr Who without the shippy thing. Subtle like with Rose was OK, but the Amy thing is a bit over the top for me. He said no, and she didn't respect that, she kept going after him. If that had been a guy doing that to a girl, evryone would have complained.
                  Sorry, I don' like ship in my Sci Fi, unless it's a space ship.
                  But its not a 'ship'. Not yet. It was a aggressive one last fling before her wedding, I hardly approve...nor does he...obviously...but I have heard of such a phenomnenon.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                    But its not a 'ship'. Not yet. It was a aggressive one last fling before her wedding, I hardly approve...nor does he...obviously...but I have heard of such a phenomnenon.
                    Exactly. And what people have to also remember is that Amy's encounter with the Weeping Angels took her much closer to death than before. She wanted to live the moment. She wanted to feel alive.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      Exactly. And what people have to also remember is that Amy's encounter with the Weeping Angels took her much closer to death than before. She wanted to live the moment. She wanted to feel alive.
                      All they other companions faced death and they did nothing like this. I think this is the diredtion they want to go with this new doctor
                      no means no, and so does pepper spray
                      Sig by The Carpenter
                      sigpic

Comment

All they other companions faced death and they did nothing like this. I think this is the diredtion they want to go with this new doctor
                        Watch the other episodes coming up first before you decide it's the new direction. But in the end.......Amy is somewhat more promiscuous than the other companions. She was a Kissogram for crying out loud.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

But not everyone deals with stress the same way

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          Watch the other episodes coming up first before you decide it's the new direction. But in the end.......Amy is somewhat more promiscuous than the other companions. She was a Kissogram for crying out loud.
                          The next ep is good

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            i love she was a Kissogram. i also love her acting like a police officer
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                              i love she was a Kissogram. i also love her acting like a police officer
                              In those inccccrrrreeeddiiiiblllllyy short shorts

Comment

yes they were short. i loved the uniform
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X