No announcement yet.

The Eleventh Hour (3101/501)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was anxious about such a young Doctor and about even younger looking Amy, but they both blew me away. 11th has the perfect level on insanity, and I love the outfit! He actually rminds me a little bit of Tom Baker's Doctor (my favourite). Amy is not just a cute face, but a street-smart, sassy gal who jumps right in (a bit of the Sarah-Jane's about her). Love her.

The new TARDIS interior is a bit flash for my tastes, and the new opening theme arrangement is going to take a lot of getting used to, but they're minor quibbles and I'm sure it's just the shock of the new.

Roll on next Saturday!
    sigpic

Comment

Okay then:
      Great new Doctor - check
      Great new TARDIS - check
      Great new episode - it was pretty good
      Amy Pond - Karen Gillian, okay, I'm officially smitten. I really am.
      sigpic

Comment

here's a question, considering how divided the Doctor Who fandom is most of the time about RTD episodes, has anyone actually seen anyone saying they hated this episode? Or the New Doctor? I've seen one, maybe two people that have kinda gone "meh, it was ok" but no one saying they hated it. So I'm curious if anyone else has.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          here's a question, considering how divided the Doctor Who fandom is most of the time about RTD episodes, has anyone actually seen anyone saying they hated this episode? Or the New Doctor? I've seen one, maybe two people that have kinda gone "meh, it was ok" but no one saying they hated it. So I'm curious if anyone else has.
          Not that I'm aware of. Even the tabloids rave and give glowing reviews for all aspects of the start of this new era of Doctor Who.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

a co-worker of mine said he reads a blog with lots of hateful comments but i have a feeling from what he's told me that it's a hate site anyway
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

A lot of the pre-Eleventh Hour Matt Smith-haters won't admit how wrong they were to make presumptions following the End of Time, but it was so satisfying watching the live reaction across facebook immediately after the premier of Series 5. It seems to just be those who watched Doctor Who for David Tennant, as expected.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I have seen some people not like this episode at all. Mainly because DT wasn't in it and the titles are different. But very few people. Believe or not, some people don't like Moffat at all. Most Who fans treat him as the....holy grail? But anyone who can dislike Moffat's fantastic writing is a little baffling to me! (Then again I think the same about RTD)

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  I have seen some people not like this episode at all. Mainly because DT wasn't in it and the titles are different. But very few people. Believe or not, some people don't like Moffat at all. Most Who fans treat him as the....holy grail? But anyone who can dislike Moffat's fantastic writing is a little baffling to me! (Then again I think the same about RTD)
                  These are the worst type of fans. They'll bad mouth and try to ruin anything just because it wasn't exactly what they wanted. Happens all the time unfortunately. Something is changed, and chaos happens.

I think a genuine fan will keep an open mind. I've liked Moffats work (Blink), I've loved his work (Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead, and I've also disliked his work (Empty Child/Doctor Dances, yeah it had Jack but overall was kind of meh) but I went into the new season with an open mind, and other than the credits/music, Eleventh Doctor was a fantastic episode.

I'd never listen to anything people who can just downright badmouth because the person they want isn't in it, or in charge.
                  Last edited by SaberBlade; 09 April 2010, 11:50 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I was so upset when I found out DT was leaving (the very same week Matt Smith was announced was my first week of watching Doctor Who ever. I watched Series 1-4 in 2 weeks). But I was excited for what was going to follow! I can understand why people would be upset though, yes Doctor Who is a show that constantly changes but NuWho had Tennant as The Doctor for so long and gained alot of new fans that change just didn't work for some.

I loved every one of Moffat's episodes, but I liked a few of RTD's a bit more. But usually when i'm a fan of something I enjoy the good and bad episodes, always.

Comment

OK, i've watched it again and ...... he nailed it

At the end in the Tardis, he seemed to get a strange look on his face when he looked at the waveform on the oscilloscope-y-thing - any ideas???
                      Last edited by PMN1; 09 April 2010, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PMN1 View Post

At the end in the Tardis, he seemed to get a strange look on his face when he looked at the waveform on the oscilloscope-y-thing - any ideas???
                        i have a idea but it would possible be a spolier so i won't say here.
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          OK, what episode?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            Thank you! Us fans trying to stay spoiler really appreciate that!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

If you don't want spoilers, you shouldn't be reading a thread that discusses the episode for those who have seen it.

As for the wavy thing at the end, I think it may have something to do with some great overlapping arc that won't be explained for about 11 more episodes. Or it's just nonsense. You can never tell with this show.
                              Last edited by SaberBlade; 09 April 2010, 05:29 PM. Reason: typo

sigpic

Comment

Apparently, young Amelia Pond is in real life, the cousin of the current Amy Pond - any truth to the rumour?

Comment

Working...
                                X