The Eleventh Hour (3101/501)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
    The AU 9th never met Rose, so he could have been off in the farthest regions of space with a different companion rather than coming to an unfortunate end, but for some reason, when I think about the AU episodes, I could swear at least one references their Doctor being dead. I'm probably just remembering the Donna episode.
    Yeah that's from Turn Left too. No reference was ever made to there being a Doctor in Pete's World.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      Yeah that's from Turn Left too. No reference was ever made to there being a Doctor in Pete's World.
      I definitely need the DVDs, because I could swear there was a reference to the AU Doctor at some point. It may not have been Rise of the Cybermen, but in some episode.

sigpic

Comment

I definitely need the DVDs, because I could swear there was a reference to the AU Doctor at some point. It may not have been Rise of the Cybermen, but in some episode.
        Nope. Never.
        Except if you count how the Human Doctor went over there to live with Rose in Jouneys End.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
          What was it?
          All i remember is that my vomit was a sort of blue colour... with these little white gluggy bits in it.
          I think it involved milk being heated... but yeah... i was home alone and the doctor seemed to be enjoying his extra-terrestrial delicacy...
          Das guy eating vegetabbles, says 'Waock!' and nice guy obliteratio for sudden.

I always hated that saying...

Comment

Originally posted by Rickington View Post
            I took a look at the montage after the episode. I don't think I spotted Carlyle.
            Spoiler:
            To my disappointment... , but I doubt he could be in SGU and Doctor Who at the same time.
            your joking right ???? .any actor with at least one brain cell would drop their half ass scifi job to play the doctor. who wouldn't want to play the most iconic television character of all time. ??
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              your joking right ???? .any actor with at least one brain cell would drop their half ass scifi job to play the doctor. who wouldn't want to play the most iconic television character of all time. ??
              Iconic? In Britain yes, but not everywhere else just yet.

Comment

I've now watched it five times...

You can hate me all you want for it MickeyD, but Doctor Who just got more and more depressing towards the end of the Series 4 and beyond. We had the end of reality and the end of time no more than five episodes apart and with the final episodes spaced out over a year, that was a long time to be in darker territory.

But this was fun, and had a cheap comedy start which I didn't care about in the slightest because it was just.... refreshing, light, easy and did I say fun?

Comment

The fact that the only thing I find necessary to complain about is the opening/closing titles means everything in between was a great ride. On that note, I felt the new spin on the iconic tune was too subtle, and lacking in oomph. A little less subdued and a little more adventure next time please.

I'm so glad Amy was a kiss-o-gram and not a police woman. When I first saw the promo stills I think I groaned. So this is much better. And she looks to be a decent companion, even if she is just another TARDIS callgirl. She's also Scottish, so that's a change, however small.

Curious to think that, had the Doctor been on time, Amelia would have joined him in the TARDIS. Not exactly the best place for a kid, no?

Finally, I was thrilled to see all ten previous incarnations of the Doctor permeate my TV screen. Clearly, Moffat is looking to pay homage to the series as a whole, as well as putting his own spin on the TimeLord. The Praxi running away in fear of Mr big chin and bowtie was a tad melodramatic, but I can live with it.

Can't wait for River Song's return! This should certainly be fun.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    Iconic? In Britain yes, but not everywhere else just yet.
                    Give it a few more seasons. Thanks to RTD, it's slowly but surely getting there and with Moffat in charge now, it's definitely only a matter of time.

sigpic

Comment

Give it a few more seasons. Thanks to RTD, it's slowly but surely getting there and with Moffat in charge now, it's definitely only a matter of time.
                      I hope so! So the DVDs get cheaper.

Comment

I bloody loved it
                        Newly liberated multi-thunker
                        http://twitter.com/missmarvel1980
                        Julia xx

Comment

I hope so! So the DVDs get cheaper.
                          The DVD's are on sale here at the minute because of Easter. Buying each season is still a bit more expensive than the price you'd pay for the Complete 1-4 series box set online at play.com. Normally a season costs £70, which is more expensive than a season of a show which has double the episodes, however the complete series 1-4 can box set can be gotten for £67 at play.com.

If you have the ability to play imported DVDs and a way to view them (say a region free DVD and a HDTV, that way the PAL encoded DVDs are displayed properly), you'd be able to import the box set for $103 (which is the current exchange rate of £67 to US Dollar). Then just buy the Specials from Walmart or Best Buy (preferably on Blu-Ray).

I just hope that giving America the Doctor Who franchise will make up for us giving the US Simon Cowell and the America's Got Talent franchise, and his new series X-Factor (because he wants more money with international licensing with same show, new name).

And Gordon what's his name, oh, Big Brother too.
                          Last edited by SaberBlade; 07 April 2010, 11:19 AM.

sigpic

Comment

The DVD's are on sale here at the minute because of Easter. Buying each season is still a bit more expensive than the price you'd pay for the Complete 1-4 series box set online at play.com. Normally a season costs £70, which is more expensive than a season of a show which has double the episodes, however the complete series 1-4 can box set can be gotten for £67 at play.com.

If you have the ability to play imported DVDs and a way to view them (say a region free DVD and a HDTV, that way the PAL encoded DVDs are displayed properly), you'd be able to import the box set for $103 (which is the current exchange rate of £67 to US Dollar). Then just buy the Specials from Walmart or Best Buy (preferably on Blu-Ray).

I just hope that giving America the Doctor Who franchise will make up for us giving the US Simon Cowell and the America's Got Talent franchise, and his new series X-Factor (because he wants more money with international licensing with same show, new name).

And Gordon what's his name, oh, Big Brother too.
                            $103! Thats more than what the cost here. Series 1-4 average at about $80. I already have Series 3 and 4 as well as the Specials. Oh well, I will get 1 and 2 eventually. Simon Cowell IMO needs to disappear.

Comment

$103! Thats more than what the cost here. Series 1-4 average at about $80. I already have Series 3 and 4 as well as the Specials. Oh well, I will get 1 and 2 eventually. Simon Cowell IMO needs to disappear.
                              Well consider our DVD series box set being cheaper to import a small consolation for Cowell. I think the US has seasons 1/2 in a box, sad thing is, it's supposed to cost more than you'd pay importing all 4 seasons in a single box.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
                                I've now watched it five times...
                                But this was fun, and had a cheap comedy start which I didn't care about in the slightest because it was just.... refreshing, light, easy and did I say fun?
                                You did, and you can say it again. I have now watched it three times, and it gets better every time IMHO. Clever, menacing, funny and like you said, fun. There's a definite dearth of good science fiction entertainment that feels fun at the moment. I think so, anyway.

Plus, third time around and I'm already starting to like the new TARDIS and the new titles/theme, the two things I wasn't keen on.

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                                The fact that the only thing I find necessary to complain about is the opening/closing titles means everything in between was a great ride. On that note, I felt the new spin on the iconic tune was too subtle, and lacking in oomph. A little less subdued and a little more adventure next time please.
                                Agreed, although I thought the series 4 theme wasn't quite 'alien' enough. Series 1 had the best theme of the new Who I think, but I'd like a slightly faster, more urgent version of this theme if possible.

Curious to think that, had the Doctor been on time, Amelia would have joined him in the TARDIS. Not exactly the best place for a kid, no?
                                I think even the Doctor is responsible enough (barely) to not put a ten year old girl in harm's way. Probably let her visit DisneyPlanet or something, or just take her to see some beautiful but completely safe alien scenery for one or two trips, then back home.

Finally, I was thrilled to see all ten previous incarnations of the Doctor permeate my TV screen. Clearly, Moffat is looking to pay homage to the series as a whole, as well as putting his own spin on the TimeLord.
                                I felt the same. While I enjoyed RTD's Who (mostly), and I mean no disrespect to the man - we wouldn't have Who back if not for him, most likely - I get the feeling the Moffat Era of Who will greatly overshadow it in the long run.
                                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                                X