The Eleventh Hour (3101/501)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
    I thought the new interior looked like a cross between the classic tardis from the old series and the new design. Maybe the Tardis reset to factory settings when it rebuilt itself
    the sexy thing line made me LOL

ADD

i don't like the new opening just don't fit right to me.
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 03 April 2010, 04:52 PM.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I really shouldn't be here...I have two more weeks!

Comment

Fantastic episode... Steven Moffet is DA MAN!
        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

At first I had no hope for the new series.....I have never been so wrong about a show in my whole life, epic new intro, epic new look of the tardis, epic new doctor nearly as good as Tennant to be completely honest.

Cannot wait for the rest of the season!
          Tst

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
            I thought the new interior looked like a cross between the classic tardis from the old series and the new design. Maybe the Tardis reset to factory settings when it rebuilt itself
            Hopefully we'll see more TARDIS locations this season (i.e. the swimming pool, the library. XD)

And I thought the episode was absolutely brilliant!

I am definitely a mad man with a box

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
            I really shouldn't be here...I have two more weeks!
            Neither should I, but hey, since when I do follow the 'rules'?
            sigpic
            Don't touch Lola

Comment

• Matt Smith was fantastic in just one episode
              • Karen Gillian is just impossibly hot
              • the new intro is neat, though I'm not sold on the theme yet (and I'm annoyed that the names are before the title now)
              • wonderful cinematography
              • the montage of old Doctors and stuff was awesome
              • great new Tardis

Other than that....god almighty, what a boring freaking episode. Jeeeeeeez it had better improve. I was QUITE looking forward to this and I feel colossally let down.

Fortunately, the preview looks amazing.
              Last edited by DigiFluid; 03 April 2010, 10:50 PM.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Rickington View Post
                Hopefully we'll see more TARDIS locations this season (i.e. the swimming pool, the library. XD)

I had to laugh so hard at the swimming pool thing and I also really, really want to see more of the TARDIS from the inside. I wouldn't mind an episode in which something enters the TARDIS that shouldn't be there and the doctor and Amelia have to hunt it down. That would be cool.
                He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                And he's wonderful.

Comment

I tuned in last night with great interest and I really, really liked this!

I honestly think Matt Smith could well eclipse David Tennant. I wasn't sure I'd like him, but I think he's absolutely perfect in the role. I also liked the new assistant too, KG's Amy Pond, and quite honestly I haven't particularly enjoyed the other assistants very much. I loved the story, and do think Stephen Moffat will prove to be a better show runner than his predecessor. Wasn't so keen on the opening credits. They'll take a bit of getting used to. But overall I really am delighted with MS's debut. VERY promising, IMO. The trailer at the end? Daleks, cybermen, silurians? Wow, can't wait !
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by valen_sinclair View Post
                    Brilliant - absoutely brilliant. Matt Smith made the Doctor his own and pulled it off with ease.
                    I will be the first to admit and raise my hands and say i was wrong wrong wrong.
                    Same here

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                    I had to laugh so hard at the swimming pool thing and I also really, really want to see more of the TARDIS from the inside. I wouldn't mind an episode in which something enters the TARDIS that shouldn't be there and the doctor and Amelia have to hunt it down. That would be cool.
                    I like that thought Because when he started about the swimming pool in the library I desperately wanted to see that This is the perfect way to do so!

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                    I tuned in last night with great interest and I really, really liked this!

I honestly think Matt Smith could well eclipse David Tennant. I wasn't sure I'd like him, but I think he's absolutely perfect in the role. I also liked the new assistant too, KG's Amy Pond, and quite honestly I haven't particularly enjoyed the other assistants very much. I loved the story, and do think Stephen Moffat will prove to be a better show runner than his predecessor. Wasn't so keen on the opening credits. They'll take a bit of getting used to. But overall I really am delighted with MS's debut. VERY promising, IMO. The trailer at the end? Daleks, cybermen, silurians? Wow, can't wait !
                    I almost entirely agree with you Linz The only thing: I loved Donna I still need to see more of Amy though, to make up my mind

But yeah, MS totally took me by surprise here. Loved the story too, loved the lines and the way he delivered them

and also not too keen on the new intro..
                    Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                    Save Our Seeker!
                    LotS on LJ.

Comment

YES!! As one of the few people who had no worries at all about the new season, it's great to have my confidence so rewarded. Not the best episode, but so much better than the past few ones it's unbelievable. Kinda put me in mind of one of RTD's good ones, but as I never really had a problem with them I'm fine with that. Can't wait to see where they're taking this Cracks in the Universe thing. Favourite line was definitely "You're Scottish, fry something!" though my favourite bit in general was definitely the montage. DW is in very safe hands here.

I'm glad to hear confirmation that the swimming pool and the library made it through the Time War, any word yet on the Zeppelin hanger?

Comment

wow so many good opinions bout this one, do i need to watch the other doctor, or can i begin with this one?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                          wow so many good opinions bout this one, do i need to watch the other doctor, or can i begin with this one?
                          If your new to Doctor Who then you can indeed start watching from The Eleventh Hour...but I certainly recommend checking out the adventures of the 1st - 10th Doctor's too.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Perfect! Love Amy/Amelia and Matt Smith is brilliant!

"Who da man?" - I fell off the couch

Comment

Totally loved this new episode
                              Was a bit like David at times, but I hope that was just because he wasn't quite done regenerating yet.
                              I had to yell YAY when they showed the other doctors (at the part of Christopher Eccleston to be exactly (A) )
                              I kinda like the new theme. First I was like: Noooo! But then I thought; it totally sounds like the new doctor ^_^
                              Can't wait for the next episode

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                                yes when they mentioned the tardis was now much bigger - i wondered if they might do a bottle show set inside the tardis this season
                                ----------------------------
                                You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Working...
                                X