No announcement yet.

Turn Left (3011/411)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you're caught up in that kind of horror, I don't think most of us would see beyond it to some vague similar horror we were taught about or saw on TV, like Donna. But I think people did very well know but, at the time, less 'foreigners' was seen as as part of the [final] 'solution' to the labour and other problems facing 'regular' Brits. Gramps and the head of the 'relocated' family both knew it, as did the rest of his family. People knew what was going on, but remained silent. They felt powerless. What could they do?
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I rewatched Turn Left last night and though it still remains an amazing episode, after having watched the finale it really doesn't make much sense. What is up with Rose?! How does she know so much? How is she time travelling without the weird harnessy thing or a TARDIS (because it is implied that she's time travelling between her meetings with Donna).

Also, why were the stars going out?
      Spoiler:
      Is it Davros' machine because the Earth hasn't been stolen so what's powering it?

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
        I rewatched Turn Left last night and though it still remains an amazing episode, after having watched the finale it really doesn't make much sense. What is up with Rose?! How does she know so much? How is she time travelling without the weird harnessy thing or a TARDIS (because it is implied that she's time travelling between her meetings with Donna).

Spoiler:
        Is it Davros' machine because the Earth hasn't been stolen so what's powering it?

Maybe the stars going out was small scale tests of the device... No idea here either.. Just a guess

Also one important fact. The stars are going out but due to the speed of light and the fact we see them from Earth that means that they were going out in the past..Not the present .
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Spoiler:
          i thought they explained that. the darkness was starting to go thro the worlds every world and it weakened the barrier between worlds allowing rose to go from one world to another. she did say she has been to many worlds. as for the stars going out the daleks said that the darkness would destroy everything in its path all life and it would keep going until there is nothing left maybe one of the parallel worlds this has happened or maybe like coco said it was a test of the power of the machine i do not know
          Last edited by gateship15; 23 January 2009, 02:11 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
            i thought they explained that. the darkness was starting to go thro the worlds every world and it weakened the barrier between worlds allowing rose to go from one world to another. she did say she has been to many worlds. as for the stars going out the daleks said that the darkness would destroy everything in its path all life and it would keep going until there is nothing left maybe one of the parallel worlds this has happened or maybe like coco said it was a test of the power of the machine i do not know
            Surely destroying all the stars in the sky is more than a small scale test? I know she said how she was able to travel between worlds. What it didn't say was how she knew so much about what was going on and how she was jumping around time. Wasn't the reality bomb supposed to destroy all parallel universes as well so if it was detonated in a parallel world then the mainstream one should be gone as well. (Of course this then raises the point that if the universe splits every time something could go either way then we have universes where all the parallel universes were destroyed and universes where they are not which is a paradox)

Comment

Rose said that her Torchwood had a dimension cannon or somesuch they used to break down the already-weakened barriers between universes. Also, her alternate Earth is slightly ahead of our Earth in the timeline, so the effects of Davros' weapon were felt on her world before us and she knew what to expect. Or so RTD would have me believe.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Surely destroying all the stars in the sky is more than a small scale test? I know she said how she was able to travel between worlds. What it didn't say was how she knew so much about what was going on and how she was jumping around time. Wasn't the reality bomb supposed to destroy all parallel universes as well so if it was detonated in a parallel world then the mainstream one should be gone as well. (Of course this then raises the point that if the universe splits every time something could go either way then we have universes where all the parallel universes were destroyed and universes where they are not which is a paradox)

I'm tending to not think about it too much. Upon a second and third viiewing the reality bomb is a silly plot device. Basically a matter disrupter but on a unversal scale....

Comment

Silly? LOL!
                  I think it's the most powerful weapon I've ever seen in sci-fi. The end of everything! The stakes cannot get higher than that.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                    Silly? LOL!
                    I think it's the most powerful weapon I've ever seen in sci-fi. The end of everything! The stakes cannot get higher than that.

Yeah but basically it's a super doooper matter disruptor that breaks the bonds between molecules, but can do that over a very wide scale including through hyperspace, black holes and the gaps between dimensions....

Sorry I'm being picky

Comment

i agree with all that defently the paradox part so wouldn't the universe blow up or get ripped apart if the bomb went off so it would theoretically destroy the darleks. theoretically
                      sigpic

Comment

i agree with all that defently the paradox part so wouldn't the universe blow up or get ripped apart if the bomb went off so it would theoretically destroy the darleks. theoretically

Of course it would..... Had they really used it the crucible would have beenno safer in the end then outside..... The energy would have zonked them out of existence too.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          Of course it would..... Had they really used it the crucible would have beenno safer in the end then outside..... The energy would have zonked them out of existence too.
                          Thinking about it now though Davros could have been lying about the Daleks being safe in the crucible. Genesis of the Daleks showed us that Davros would be happy destroying all life in the universe and he might have just told the Daleks they'd be safe so that they'd help him.

Comment

then what would have happened. is it like if we can't have the universe no one will kind of thing. because no one would have survived not even him.
                            sigpic

Comment

then what would have happened. is it like if we can't have the world no one will kind of thing. because no one would survive not even him

I think deep down that is what he had in mind

Comment

i agree since he was stopped every other time he tried to destroy everything i think he thought that this was his last chance. in that case carn or what ever his name would have foreseen what would of happened if for some reason the doctor did not come. like if for some reason he died and did not regenerate
                                Last edited by gateship15; 25 January 2009, 06:23 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X