Forest of the Dead (3009/409)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the bleep was it with the names?

"Other Dave" "Proper Dave" I don't get it.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
      Spoiler for "Journey's End", though I doubt anyone's not seen it by now:
      Spoiler:
      The writers should be flogged for what they did to her at the end of the episode!

Uuumm I totally agree but a lot of people here think that was the only way it could have gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        What the bleep was it with the names?

"Other Dave" "Proper Dave" I don't get it.
        Proper Dave came first and/or had the higher rank, so he's proper, whereas Other Dave was hired later on or wasn't as important so he's other.

Comment

One thing I didn't get.

How did the Vashta Nerada look up the Doctor in the index when they were inside that space suit talking to the Doctor? He told them to look him up and they recoiled back and didn't attack.

And all that stuff about ghosting didn't make sense if they were just communicators, unless they use some kind of telepathic link.

Comment

Perhaps the Vashta Nerada in the suit can communicate with their kind outside of the suit. That still leads to the question of how the other Vashta Nerada could operate a computer system and look him up.

Comment

Perhaps it was simply the way he said it. The force and anger coming from him... It parallels what River Song said about seeing armies flee him.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

The Vashta Nerada reminds me a lot of The Gloom in Nightwatch

Comment

i liked this episode it is fantastic i like the Vashta Nerada because it plays on humans fear of the dark i also like they were the piranhas of the air and in just seconds they rip the flesh from the bone. i deferentially be counting shadows
                  sigpic

Comment

wow what a two parter and i didn't think i could cry more then i did after doomsday but the ending to forest of the dead beat it. i really want to see what river and the doctor became in a future series.

10/10 perfect

Comment

i agree i want to as well i just hope that they do show us river and the doctors adventures
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        Another convert.

I avoid spoilers for Who and had NO idea Dr. Corday was in these episodes, so I was pleasantly surprised.

So, the knowledge of the Doctor's future is in a consciousness housed in a living computer on a planet infested by flesh-eating aliens potentially in any shadow? Sounds like a prime target for the Daleks to invade, or anyone with a sealed non-organic hull...

And speaking of the Vashta Nerada, how long can they live / go without food? Without people or animals [I realize it's a whole planet, but I assume it was constructed, like the moon] to eat, how long can they survive? They lived a century between the 'saving' of the library browsers and the coming of the Doctor without food, so they should last at least another one. But the planet will be effectively cut off and quarantined, they won't get any more meat.

Couldn't they eat CAL

Comment

i don't know altho i think cals mind was downloaded into and she doesn't have body if that is so there is nothing for them to eat
                          sigpic

Comment

do you reckon whether River Song will travel with the doctor or not?
                            SG-1 members
                            Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by pjp View Post
                              do you reckon whether River Song will travel with the doctor or not?

Well from the Doctor's POV he met her in the library but in his future he will meet her again when they become friends. So I would say it's a strong possibility they would travel together...

More interesting is that I'd like to know from "POTO" did the Ood sense the passing of the Doctor in his current form? They said "your song will end soon" and in "Journey's end" he mumbles about the Ood possibly sensing the whole DoctorDonna thing that happens to Donna but I think there could have been more to that.

Comment

if i remember correctly she meets him for the first time when he is his future self then after being with him for some time calls the past self by mistake. i can't wait to see her travel with the doctor and see if they were just friends or more then that.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X