Silence In the Library (3008/408)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    It's an interesting theory, but 1) If she was able/going to regenerate, wouldn't she have done it at the end of TDD? 2) She didn't seem the type who'd bother sitting around waiting for her old man to show up, she looked hyped to go on adventures of her own. 3) She's already met the Doctor at an earlier point in both of their timelines, so why would she say she's never seen him any "younger?"

Still, it could make for a good fanfic.
    But did she really die, as in DEAD, or did the terra forming device some how keep her alive, in the last scene from TDD when Jenny breathed in she expelled some of the energy from the device. suggesting it had kept her alive and hence she didn't regenrate. we've seen time lords refuse to regenerate (Last Timelord) but that took a concious will to do so, and we've seen timelords who have "died" regenrate several hours later, in the DW movie the Seventh Doctor offially died, his hearts stopped beating, and hours later he regenrated. (albiet with side effects)

jenny did not know she could regenrate, and the doctor said nothing of it, suggesting that regenration is a reflex response. however the device kept her alive at least in some small part at first to negate a regenration, and then bring her back completely later on, no regenration.

also, if whilst on her adventures jenny was killed and did regenrate, that regenration could have been unstable, hence her bieng evil and hence her wanted revenge on the doctor for what this new persona persieves as him abandoning her on the hath planet.

also this episode the doctor looks exactly the same as he did in TDD, so jenny has never seen him any younger, or equally as likely SHE IS LYING.

Now i know that "Timelords always [recognise other regenrated timelords])" but maybe she has sort of technology which negates that ability. the master was able to negate the doctors ability to sense other timelords relatively easy, why cant the same be done with his ability to recognise regenrated timelords

and thanks for saying it would make a good fanfic, i might just do it, Know any good sites to post it?
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

^ To be honest, that's pretty random speculation and getting a bit off-topic for this episode discussion thread... it might be better suited to the fanfic forum!
      sigpic

Comment

fanfiction.net springs to mind. And you'll still have to deal with the problem of why she doesn't at least call him "dad" at some point, since she knows he's already lived through that part of her life.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          ^ To be honest, that's pretty random speculation and getting a bit off-topic for this episode discussion thread... it might be better suited to the fanfic forum!
          well. i did start a river song specualtion thread for exactly that sort of thing
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

fanfiction.net springs to mind. And you'll still have to deal with the problem of why she doesn't at least call him "dad" at some point, since she knows he's already lived through that part of her life.
            And the fact that River a) doesn't realise who Donna is until the Doctor mentions her name (whereas Jenny has already met Donna) and b) tells Donna that she's already met the Doctor but he hasn't met her yet.

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
            well. i did start a river song specualtion thread for exactly that sort of thing
            Indeed.
            sigpic

Comment

And the fact that River a) doesn't realise who Donna is until the Doctor mentions her name (whereas Jenny has already met Donna) and b) tells Donna that she's already met the Doctor but he hasn't met her yet.
              Also good points. There's so many reasons why she can't be Jenny it's a bit hard to remember (and list) them all.

But hey, if folks can talk about the geniusness (or lack thereof) of football stars I figure speculation on the (im)possibilities of River's identity aren't that far off the On Topic mark. However, since there is a thread for it that might be a better place to take it and from a fanfic-writing perspective, yeah, that's probably better in fanfic.

Me, I'm still loving the killer shadows bit. And I think it's funny that by wild coincidence the book I'm reading also happens to contain killer shadows.

Who wants to take bets on the "aging" of the Doctor's eyes/soul having something to do with the season finale? Or at least that'll be one of the reasons, I'm sure.

Comment

Me, I'm still loving the killer shadows bit. And I think it's funny that by wild coincidence the book I'm reading also happens to contain killer shadows.
                *reads repeated comments about killer shadows and loving them*

*looks at poster's name*

*has epiphany*

*runs screaming*
                sigpic

Comment

Who wants to take bets on the "aging" of the Doctor's eyes/soul having something to do with the season finale? Or at least that'll be one of the reasons, I'm sure.
                  Or a reference to last series' finale

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                    Or a reference to last series' finale
                    No, cos that's already happened when River meets the Doctor in the Library and she's saying his eyes/soul/whatever looks young, younger than she's ever seen him.
                    sigpic

Comment

Now that's more like it!! That's what I call a darned good Dr Who episode. It was exciting, a little bit scary and rather intriguing. Leaves you with lots of questions...who, what, where, why, when, how.....??!!!

I have been a bit disappointed with the show this year but this was certainly back on form.

Stephen is a writer who comes up with such brilliant and unusual ideas and I'm really looking forward to seeing what he comes up with next!

Comment

The sneak peak clip for the next episode is up at the Beeb's website (UK viewers only - sorry ) and it looks fab!! And the clip ends at an eeeeeeeevil evil evil place just as (it looks like) something important is about to be revealed!

Is it Saturday yet? Is it? Is it?!
                        sigpic

Comment

The sneak peak clip for the next episode is up at the Beeb's website (UK viewers only - sorry ) and it looks fab!! And the clip ends at an eeeeeeeevil evil evil place just as (it looks like) something important is about to be revealed!

Is it Saturday yet? Is it? Is it?!
                          Dah! Seriously, it needs to be Saturday and not only because that means my exams will be completely over!

Evil, evil, evil. And even worse, this will be the last episode I get to see because, hi, going back to America on the 9th.
                          *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
                          *~*
                          sigpic
                          *~*
                          photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by lirenel View Post
                            Dah! Seriously, it needs to be Saturday and not only because that means my exams will be completely over!

Evil, evil, evil. And even worse, this will be the last episode I get to see because, hi, going back to America on the 9th.
                            Firstly, curse you for finishing your exams long before me.

Secondly, I thought they got Doctor Who in America less than a week after us now?

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                              Firstly, curse you for finishing your exams long before me.

Secondly, I thought they got Doctor Who in America less than a week after us now?
                              I think they're still 2-3 weeks behind us - when we took a week off for Eurovision (gah!) they also took a week off for Memorial Day weekend. I think it's 3 weeks behind isn't it? Cos although the series started airing 2 weeks after the UK, they started with VotD....
                              sigpic

Comment

We're getting Doctor's Daughter this Friday. Got nervous when I saw that Charlie Jade was on instead of SJA, but I guess SJA finished up its run here. I haven't been able to watch because of scheduling conflicts with my roomie. *sigh* Still need to work on getting cable and a TV in my room.

I'd sic the shadows on her, but then I'd have to find a new roommate and that would be SO annoying.

Comment

Working...
                                X