Silence In the Library (3008/408)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bray View Post
    Back on topic....yeah the doctor in the vortex with the sonic screwdriver....I wonder how and why?!?!
    Is that the vortex though? I wondered if that scene is
    Spoiler:
    the Doctor going to find Donna... like maybe he works out that the "saved" people are saved digitally, through the transmat things and he transmats himself and uses the sonic screwdriver to track the signal through the transmat beam to the source? Or something? *speculates wildly*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      Is that the vortex though? I wondered if that scene is
      Spoiler:
      the Doctor going to find Donna... like maybe he works out that the "saved" people are saved digitally, through the transmat things and he transmats himself and uses the sonic screwdriver to track the signal through the transmat beam to the source? Or something? *speculates wildly*
      thats my thought as well
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

oh my glorb that was the awesomest episode EVER!!! better than blink!. and the doctors diary how cool, i wonder if she will be the companion after donna so well written, and the concept was amazing loveitloveitloveit
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
          oh my glorb that was the awesomest episode EVER!!! better than blink!. and the doctors diary how cool, i wonder if she will be the companion after donna so well written, and the concept was amazing loveitloveitloveit
          Oooh I don't know...blink was possibly the best ep ever...I mean statues but this is damned close...I think the second part may just seal the deal for the most awesome episode ever award!

I hadn't thought about it not being the vortex...but that does sound like a reasonable guess. hmmmm so many questions....I may just hibernate until next saturday.

Comment

Oooh I don't know...blink was possibly the best ep ever...I mean statues but this is damned close...I think the second part may just seal the deal for the most awesome episode ever award!

I hadn't thought about it not being the vortex...but that does sound like a reasonable guess. hmmmm so many questions....I may just hibernate until next saturday.
            blink was good, but this is more epic, and has the doctor in it more, and i love the library, both the style and concept. and the vash narada are a brilliant idea!!!
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
              blink was good, but this is more epic, and has the doctor in it more, and i love the library, both the style and concept. and the vash narada are a brilliant idea!!!
              It's not as spooky as Blink but it's definitely an epic episode with a fantastic setting and a brilliant concept - and a lot of tension. The thrills here are more from tension (especially as you can't see the enemy but they could be anywhere) than spookiness (e.g. when we can see the Angels have moved but Sally hasn't noticed etc).
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah I do like that you can't see the Vash Narada at all until it's too late and you have two shadows!

I still liked the blink one though, especially how all of a sudden you had 4 statues around you....but their attack was a bit rubbish if you ask me, rather than ripping you limb from limb they transported you back in time

Yeah I think the Vash Narada (Vadhda Narada whatever ) are an awesome concept.

Comment

Yeah I do like that you can't see the Vash Narada at all until it's too late and you have two shadows!

I still liked the blink one though, especially how all of a sudden you had 4 statues around you....but their attack was a bit rubbish if you ask me, rather than ripping you limb from limb they transported you back in time

Yeah I think the Vash Narada (Vadhda Narada whatever ) are an awesome concept.
                  meh i just guessed the spelling fronm how it sounded

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...#Vashta_Nerada
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  Quotes!
                  sigpic

Comment

lol as did I....and the d in vadhah was meant to be an s lol still however it's spelt....pure awesomeness!

Comment

I love libraries more then anything in the world. Lock me in a big library with enough food and I can assure you I will never get bored. I love the smell of books and the smell of libraries is really one of my favourite smells in the world. So the idea of an entire world being a library really appeals to me and the FX department did a great job with that planet. The story itself? Utterly brilliant. It was spooky and kept me on the edge of the seat while Mr. Moffat took us for a ride.

I don't even know where to start. There is this girl, who thinks that the library is in her mind until the psychologist (of all people) explains to her that the world she perceives as the real world is NOT the real world but the nightmare world with the darkness is the real world and she is the only one who can save those people in the library. Who is that girl? Is she a program? A different reality? I love stories like that and that is what I loved about the original Matrix movie and only The 13th Floor.

Alex Kingston's character: Just WOWOWOW! I love the mystery surrounding her and the good doctor is decidedly spooked by her because she knows him so well and also because she has either his sonic screw driver or A sonic screw driver but the way it looks it is his screw driver. Why would he give away his screw driver? He would never do that. He needs that thing like Indiana Jones needs his whip. Was she also a companion or was she even more and where is the doctor himself? She knows Donna and something will happen to Donna - we know that now. Donna seems a tad jealous because of the affectionate way that Prof River Song (what a name) looks at him and how well she knows him (another thing that spooks him and that is why he constantly asks her "What are you to me in the future?") The other question would be: does she know him in this incarnation or in a different regenerated form? I don't know about you, but to me it looks as if she knew a different incarnation of the doctor. The way she looked at his face reminded me of the way that Sara Jane looked at him. It amused me when she called him "Pretty Boy" and the indignant look on his face. Hehe. (sorry for the messed up tenses but when it comes to the doctor and time I am never quite sure what to use : past tense, present tense, future tense?)

The enemy itself: soooo cool! The darkness itself as the enemy. Great idea ...also cheap in regards of creature making. :g: The atmosphere of the episode was spooky in some parts, all around mysterious and the story itself is just darn good. I am really looking forward to the second part. I wonder what happened to Donna and the other people who were saved. Are they maybe the girl's people? Was maybe their matrix saved in a computer and they are now part of the computer system of the library world? Last but not least the question who exactly is Prof. Song River? Stay tuned ^_^

Stephen? That was brilliant and you should write more...well you are forced to do that now anyway in the next series LOL I really, really have no worries any more regarding next series at least when it comes to story quality now the only thing I worries me is David Tennant's possible departure.
                      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                      And he's wonderful.

Comment

I think she's evil, in the prievew for next episode the doctor was in the time vortex travelling "without a capusle" as he put it in Sound of Drums. I think theres nothing in that book, thats why the Doctor Can not look inside, and that she will steal the tardis, travel to another time and location (followed by the doctor) who will then get his tardis back, loose track of River and return to the libary.

heres a thought, do we know they are romantically linked, could it be a regenerated evil jenny
                        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post

heres a thought, do we know they are romantically linked, could it be a regenerated evil jenny
                          Why would Jenny be evil?

Comment

im sure a suitable reason could be written.

my reason is that this episode is set in the future after TDD. and waiting that long to meet the doctor again drove her insane and made her evil
                            People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                              im sure a suitable reason could be written.

my reason is that this episode is set in the future after TDD. and waiting that long to meet the doctor again drove her insane and made her evil
                              It's an interesting theory, but 1) If she was able/going to regenerate, wouldn't she have done it at the end of TDD? 2) She didn't seem the type who'd bother sitting around waiting for her old man to show up, she looked hyped to go on adventures of her own. 3) She's already met the Doctor at an earlier point in both of their timelines, so why would she say she's never seen him any "younger?"

Still, it could make for a good fanfic.

Comment

Not as scary as Blink by any means (IMO) but good episode. River Song well she reminded me of Bernice from the novels even without the notebook/archaeologist connection so it will be interesting to see how she plays out.

Comment

Working...
                                X