The Sontaran Stratagem (3004/404)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
    Seeing Donna weighing up her experiences with the Doctor as being dangerous, yet brilliant, is becoming a repetitive cycle with the companions. It's getting a tad boring having companions with domestic lives waiting for them back in London. Wouldn't it be great if we could start to get some TARDIS crew who a) weren't female (or gay), b) weren't from Earth (specifically London), and c) didn't have a fragile family waiting in the wings to be threatened by the Doctor's enemies. All I'm saying is that when it comes time to cast a new sidekick that they think outside the blue box.
    I agree. Thats why I liked Jack as a companion. (Apart from the whole gay thing) He knew what he was doing to a certain extent as well so he wasn't so helpless.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder
      I agree. Thats why I liked Jack as a companion. (Apart from the whole gay thing) He knew what he was doing to a certain extent as well so he wasn't so helpless.
      I liked Jack on board too, the closest this series has gotten to a wild card companion. However, I believe I read somewhere that from a narrative perspective, the companion represents us the audience, and therefore the more we can relate to the character the better. I don't know about the average viewer, but I could certainly relate to someone who wasn't just a 21st century Londoner lady.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
        I think Warrant Officers may disagree with you. They ARE God.
        I agree there, I used to work with an Army chef who told me about an RSM who could be heard all over the camp when he yelled, they used to say 'If you couldn't see him, he wasn't yelling at you'

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
          Yup, that's the one.
          Ah, but she was a good android.
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

As for UNIT recruitment and training, why... here's a list of their basic publications:

http://www.unit.org.uk/publications.shtml
            So this is a classic 13b then.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
              So this is a classic 13b then.
              Exactly.

Looks like UNIT staff are getting a bit lax on their publication reading... for shame. The Brigadier would go spare.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Exactly.

Looks like UNIT staff are getting a bit lax on their publication reading... for shame. The Brigadier would go spare.
                "Overlooking a perfectly obvious 13b. Damned sloppy, man. Damned sloppy."

Comment

Prophet! That was hilarious, but alas Gateworld won't let me green you.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Yay! Can I swipe that for an icon?

Comment

Anyone get a good look at thev UNIT ID passes?

I need to upgrade my UNIT costume again...

sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                        Yay! Can I swipe that for an icon?
                        Of course.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I wasn't really impressed (hence my taking three days to post this).

I mean Martha for a start gives this a no need to watch element for me and they have totally ruined my love (yes weird arsed love) for the Sontaran characters. A little like having the Cybermen saying delete killed my love of the bottleheads.

So it is true; you really can't go back home.

Good stuff was Donna the super!temp
                          The Doctor, just love the banter between him and well, everyone!
                          The clone idea (now this is how clones should be in scifi *cough* )

I guess other then Martha (no I will not let it go) the worst part about the show was yet another 'take over the world' plot. I know, but honestly it is almost every week! Couldn't they just take over the local shop for change. Maybe not.

4/10

Next week better kick it up a notch... so far a little disappointed in the series.

Um... did they mention Rose or the bees?

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                            I know, but honestly it is almost every week! Couldn't they just take over the local shop for change. Maybe not.
                            That could make for a pretty hilarious plot. The Doctor and Donna stumble across some intricate alien plot and rush in to Save the Day figuring it's yet another Take Over the World Scheme only to find out it's just some alien businessman trying to start a Chip Shop Empire or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                              Um... did they mention Rose or the bees?
                              No, this week it was another mention of the Medusa Cascade.
                              So far:
                              -Medusa Cascade X3
                              -Shadow Porclamation X2
                              -Disappearing planets X2
                              -Rose X2 (or possibly 3)
                              -Disappearing bees X2
                              -There's something on your back.

What's "cascade" anyways? *goes to onlien dictionaries*
                              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                                No, this week it was another mention of the Medusa Cascade.
                                So far:
                                -Medusa Cascade X3
                                -Shadow Proclamation X2
                                -Disappearing planets X2
                                -Rose X2 (or possibly 3)
                                -Disappearing bees X2
                                -There's something on your back.

What's "cascade" anyways? *goes to onlien dictionaries*
                                cascade? it's what a waterall does, it's basically like falling, but more systematic, tends to be via layers or levels. well, thats my understanding of the word anyway.
                                Spoiler:
                                Disclaimer:
                                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                                Quotes!
                                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X