The Sound of Drums (2912/312)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    Oooo... what if "the sound of drums" signals the approach of whatever it is that's lurking in the darkness? The one Jack's so afraid of; (Torchwood spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    the "presence" that Suzie (and one or two others) sensed when she was dead?
    I thought the season finale of Torchwood dealt with that particular thing.
    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Mamid View Post
      anyone else noticed that the drum beats are in the Doctor Who theme?

oooo eeee oooooo
      Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
      Yes, now that I've played it back a few times, it definitely sounds to me like the underbeat from the Doctor Who theme Saxon and everyone else was tapping out.
      my brother explained that to me, but yeah....must mix in because it showed the time vortex swirling in a young master's eyes.
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng View Post
        I thought the season finale of Torchwood dealt with that particular thing.
        Was it? Was that the explanation? *frowns* Maybe I conveniently forgot it because it was so stupid. Good ep, but that as the ultimate explanation of it... bleah.

Oh well, another perfectly fun theory ruined.

Comment

I thought that was a good ep, i hope they don't kill someone off because someoen always does at the end of the season.

Is there more detail on the paradox machine? and for a second at the end I thought the doctor was going back in age a 100 years into Christopher Eccleston but then it meant taking 100 off his life.
          I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

the cloister bell was used when the doctor wasn't able to properly regenerate and had to go into the rose room. Now, why would they pull it apart and make a rose coffin and then drag it around???? (somewhere I have a slash story written as a young teen about running in the tardis corridors and having fun)

and yes, the drum beats can be heard through all the theme sounds. *shudder*
            Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
            Spoiler:
            "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
            "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
            "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
            "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
            "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

Rose Room? I believe you mean the Zero Room?
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                Rose Room? I believe you mean the Zero Room?
                Yep definitely the Zero room. Oh yeah they took it apart to put The Doctor in it like a coffin! Then I think Tegan drop it.

Comment

Technically, the Zero Room had to be ejected from the TARDIS so it could lose some mass to escape a black hole (I think, memory's a bit fuzzy).

All that was left, were the doors and part of a wall - which Tegan and Nyssa used to make a "Zero Cabinet" for the newly regenerated Doctor.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Technically, the Zero Room had to be ejected from the TARDIS so it could lose some mass to escape a black hole (I think, memory's a bit fuzzy).

All that was left, were the doors and part of a wall - which Tegan and Nyssa used to make a "Zero Cabinet" for the newly regenerated Doctor.
                    I thought they were already on the planet? I thought it was just a way to save The Doctor by transporting him to the city because he couldn't walk and he was still regenerating so needed to be surrounded by the Zero room. Dam it is one of my fave eps but my memory sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                      I thought they were already on the planet?
                      Yeah. But, they only found out that the Zero Room had been ejected after they landed on the planet.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah. But, they only found out that the Zero Room had been ejected after they landed on the planet.
                        Oh OK. So the T.A.R.D.I.S no longer has a Zero room? I wasn't 100% sure on that. No wonder he is having trouble with regenerating.

Comment

Doesn't look like it, does it?
                          sigpic

Comment

Ok, this is a monor thing, but it bugs me all the same.

The bomb on the back of Martha's TV.

Dynamite?

This is the 21st century for Heaven's sakes, who actually uses dynamite these days?

Wouldn't a slab of C-4 plastic explosive been more appropriate?
                            Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            As for the dynamite, BruTak, I thought it was pretty funny, myself. I figured it was just the Master being quirky again. *shrug*
                            I thought that too... the Master and his zany sense of humour having fun with it and using a big old ACME-styleee bomb. He obviously *wanted* them to find it, after all...

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            1) Given the writers fondness for anagrams (they've come up throughout the series and the mystery surounding this new enemy. Can anyone come up with an anagram for TOCLAFANE that matches something from the old series.

I also noticed this time that the master said (or was it the doctor) that the toclafane were a story told to galifreyan children.
                            The Doctor said there was no such thing as the Toclafane and that the Toclafane was the equivalent of the bogeyman to Gallifreyan children.

The Master then mentioned being told stories of the Toclafane as a child...

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                            Yes, now that I've played it back a few times, it definitely sounds to me like the underbeat from the Doctor Who theme Saxon and everyone else was tapping out.
                            Sorry, I thought that was common knowledge? RTD actually referenced it at the time of the Season 3 trailer (when we first saw footage of The Master in his gas mask tapping out the rhythm on the table), explaining that the rhythm he was tapping is actually the beat from the theme music.
                            sigpic

Comment

Phew, I long for seeing a great load of old episodes, I'm young but haven't seen really any before the revival came.

Loved the episode, Not sure of the Toclafane tho, seem like a toy you'd buy for kids a Xmas, like the cybermen head unit lol!!

I wonder do the Toclafane do kids homework, anyway, this can't be the end of the human race on earth:

[1] We've all seen the human race in all it's glory far in the future abeit but in many numbers and hybrid races, it's strange that in all the Doctors mianderings through time, one would perhaps download from a central network or database all recent infomation to try and learn more about this era's culture, be that history, customs, currency, and what not to wear!

Having said that, my point is in all the journey's nowhere has it been said or hinted that the human race ever almost eneded in 2008, nor did the human race die off when Earth was blown away by the dying sun, they took to new Earth and succame to vanity which as we have seen killed the topsiders and saved the people below stuck.

P.S What exacly is inside the tardis, aside from the claokroom and the bridge for lack of a better word, I've never seen or heard of other rooms or places within the TARDIS before this thread!?

any info would be great
                              sigpic
                              In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

Hands up all those who can't stop tapping out the rhythm?

Tappity-tap, tappity-tap, tappity-tap...

*Puts up hand*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X